Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register



    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 55

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Posts
      218

      Goodguys AutoCross Finals Shootout over $10,000.00 to win

      Here are the rules and the way to qualify to be part of the first AutoCross Finals Shootout to be held in Scottsdale AZ in November 2013.



      There will be over $10,000.00 going to the winner in cash and prizes and payout to the top four.


      Goodguys 2013 AutoCrossFinals Shootout Presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
      Goodguys2013 AutoCross Finals Shootout will be held at the 16th SouthwestNationals event in Scottsdale AZ on November 15-17, 2013. This will be thefirst time Goodguys has a yearend shootout with prize money and nationalbragging rights for the winner. Below is information on how you can be part ofthe AutoCross Shootout.
      There willbe a total of 24 cars with 24 drivers for the finals shootout.
      Three waysto get into the Finals are; be the fastest at a National event, be in the topof the PRO class or race your way in at AZ.
      1. The fastest time of the event classesby Saturday for each of the eleven National events before November 2013 will automaticallybe entered into the finals. At the time of the competition ending the fastesttime winner will be asked if he or she wants to be in the finals. The car thatthey are driving will be the car they must drive in the finals. If they do notwant to be part of the finals or if they do not want to drive the car of thatevent they can decline. The next eligible fastest time will then get the inviteand must go through the same Final process. They must then sign the AutoCross Finals Shootout Agreement stating thatthey will take part in the shootout with the car they ran at the event. If someone is the fast time at more than oneevent the next fastest time eligible will be entered so we have eleven entries fromthe events. Once a car and or driver are in the Finals that driver and carcannot get into the finals a second time.
      2. We will have the top nine from thePRO class that are not already entered into the finals to increase the field totwenty cars. This will be combined points of all classes to get the top nine.The nine will need to drive a car they received points with during the seasonfor the Finals Shootout. They can also decline and we will take the nexteligible racer to fill the field to twenty car.
      3. Four spots will be open for someoneto run fast time at Scottsdale on Friday to get into the field, we will takethe top four times that are eligible to make a twenty-four car field forSaturdays action packed shootout. Friday will be reserved for the top 20 topractice and for fast cars to race their way into the finals.

      The toptwenty cars will get a free entry for their car and two weekend people passes tothe event in Scottsdale. Goodguys will be paying the top four places of theShootout, 1st $3000.00 2nd $1250.00 3rd$500.00 and 4th $250.00. BF Goodrich will also have GiftCertificates for a set of tires to the top four racers. There will be a featurein the Goodguys Gazette on the winner of the Finals and a Billet Awardpresented during the awards on Sunday. The winner will also receive the following:A Snap-On Tool Box (Valued at $7000.00) with the AutoCross Logo and become oneof the Goodguys Terrific Twelve of the year winners at Scottsdale. This eventmaybe filmed for later broadcast.
      The formatfor the event will be as follows: Friday there will be twenty pit spots for thepeople already in the finals and they will run with anyone trying to race intothe finals. Friday we will take the top four not already in, to set thetwenty-four car field for Saturday. Saturday from 9am to noon we will let thetwenty-four cars run as many laps as they want to get their fastest time forqualifying for the Shootout. At 1:30pm we will start the elimations on a 24 carPRO ladder. By the end of the day we will have the winner of the first GoodguysAutoCross Shootout presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
      Anyquestions please contact Ed Capen [email protected] 925-218-9139


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      now In Dandridge, Tn.
      Posts
      1,301
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm getting fired up about this. Some of the field is set, and some spots are open.
      Current entrants are: Brian Hobaugh, Mary Pozzi, Roger Burman, Tom McBride, Rob MacGregor, Larry Woo, Kevin Miller, and Brian Finch. There are three transfer events left to go. Indy, Ft. Worth, and Charlotte. - for these events I'll throw out some names of some I know of in the hunt. Bob Bertleson, Jeff Schwartz, Bret Voelkel, Jimi Day, Yancy Johns, and Danny Popp. - But there's only three spots. Some of these guys are stackin up oints as well.
      The next nine spots come from the points standings. I'm guessing that the top five are in for sure. Mike Maier, Stacy Tucker, Bret Campell, Chris Smith and Jim McGitton. Then there's four spots open in points.
      The crazy thing will be the friday 'race-in' spots. There's only four. I doubt too may will venture from the east or mid-west for this, so I expect to see names like Dan Wieshaar, Mike Hickman, Matt Alcala, Rodney Prouty, Kyle Newman, and Herb Lump.
      Needless to say this is a fast and tough group. Just for sport I'm gonna do a pick-6 for the semi final round (four spots) Mike Maier, Marry Pozzi, Brian Hobaugh, Roger Burman, Rob MacGregor, Kevin Miller. So, who do you think can make the cut? Pick six that you think might be in the final four.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Livermore CA
      Posts
      131
      I will be road tripping (driving) my falcon out there. It will be a battle to get one of the open spots in the final, but win or loose it will be one heck of a weekend.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,371
      ...and not me in the semi finals?! Brother...where's the LOVE?!

      Your top 6 pick is a tough, but not unlikely selection. Here is mine:

      * Roger Burman
      * Brian Hobaugh
      * Danny Popp
      * Mary Pozzi
      * Rob McGreagor
      * Bret Voelkel

      I'll be in Scottsdale...one way or the other...and I'll be fast [or fabulous...or something]. And I might do it on something other than a coilspring.
      Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

      How do you spell Impossible?

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Roanoke (FortWorth) Texas
      Posts
      789
      Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
      ...
      I'll be in Scottsdale...one way or the other...and I'll be fast [or fabulous...or something]. And I might do it on something other than a coilspring.
      Bringing the Mustang out for the first time this year?

      What happened to Bret Campbell? I think he'll be in the hunt as well.

      I need a travel budget. Its going to be a heck of a showdown.
      Chris

      Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Posts
      660
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
      Bringing the Mustang out for the first time this year?

      What happened to Bret Campbell? I think he'll be in the hunt as well.

      I need a travel budget. Its going to be a heck of a showdown.
      Thank You Chris.... No love from my so called friends Rob and Bret. I will be there and have been working on car regularly. Rob knows I do have some secretes and I will try my best to impress. If I'm not mistaken... I have been able to provide some fast times that put some of the best drivers slower than me.... Hint Bret, Rob, Marry, Brian... I'm just saying LOL.

      I look forward to the upcoming events as I have felt left out with everyone being back east. Late Aug I will be at the SoCal Challenge, also planning on Silver State Classic, Texas and Pleasanton GoodGuys. Obvious optima is on my list if I get invited.

      Cheers.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      now In Dandridge, Tn.
      Posts
      1,301
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 67zo6Camaro View Post
      Thank You Chris.... No love from my so called friends Rob and Bret. I will be there and have been working on car regularly. Rob knows I do have some secretes and I will try my best to impress. If I'm not mistaken... I have been able to provide some fast times that put some of the best drivers slower than me.... Hint Bret, Rob, Marry, Brian... I'm just saying LOL.

      I look forward to the upcoming events as I have felt left out with everyone being back east. Late Aug I will be at the SoCal Challenge, also planning on Silver State Classic, Texas and Pleasanton GoodGuys. Obvious optima is on my list if I get invited.

      Cheers.
      Now don't get all up in a bunch. And, why didn't you commit to a pick-6? I know you'll be fast, I'm counting on it. I'm hoping you get to Brian, Mike or Mary before me, and pull off the outsider upset. - anyway, if you need anything let me know. - Caravan out to the Silverstate?

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Posts
      660
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by RobNoLimit View Post
      Now don't get all up in a bunch. And, why didn't you commit to a pick-6? I know you'll be fast, I'm counting on it. I'm hoping you get to Brian, Mike or Mary before me, and pull off the outsider upset. - anyway, if you need anything let me know. - Caravan out to the Silverstate?
      Lol, you got me... not sure I want to stick my head out for the pick-6. But, here it goes.

      1-2 spot battle... Mike M, Brian H, Danny P
      3-4 spot battle Rob M, Mary P, R Burman
      5-6 spot battle Brett C, Bret V, Brian F, Kyle T

      Crazy thing is there is at least 5 top drivers that have way more consistency putting down times, Then there is another group of drivers, Fast sometimes, that can match the top 5. However, even a few more that can beat some of the fastest times. Wow, I'm with you Rob... I'm getting fired up also, and no one is really safe and/or a guaranteed.

      You going to Silver State with me? lets do it! bucket list and optima Qualifier... Then you and I can truck it on over to Texas GG.

      Yes I need to pick something up from you...at your shop. When can I come? Txt.

      Thanks again Rob for all your insight over the past few year.

      Brett

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      Wake Forest,NC
      Posts
      843
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
      ...and not me in the semi finals?! Brother...where's the LOVE?!

      Your top 6 pick is a tough, but not unlikely selection. Here is mine:

      * Roger Burman
      * Brian Hobaugh
      * Danny Popp
      * Mary Pozzi
      * Rob McGreagor
      * Bret Voelkel

      I'll be in Scottsdale...one way or the other...and I'll be fast [or fabulous...or something]. And I might do it on something other than a coilspring.
      No love for Kyle either.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,371
      I hope Goodguys brings extra bleachers and bathrooms for the autocross.
      Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

      How do you spell Impossible?

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Nor Cal
      Posts
      91
      Country Flag: United States
      This Goodguys Finale will be huge! The entire field is going to be strong and a blast to watch. I believe about 5 - 8 other drivers will be fighting for my 6th spot. I give the nod to Roger Burman as it seems like he is on a roll.

      Here are my top 6:

      * Brian Hobaugh - 65 Corvette
      * Mike Maier - 66 Mustang
      * Danny Popp - I am assuming he will bring his 72 Corvette
      * Mary Pozzi - 72 Camaro -
      * Rob McGreagor - 69 Chevy Truck
      * Roger Burman - 70 Camaro
      Brian Hobaugh
      65 Corvette
      73 Camaro

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,051
      Country Flag: United States
      I hope to scare some of those top names....just a little

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      now In Dandridge, Tn.
      Posts
      1,301
      Country Flag: United States
      Bret, sorry man, plenty of love for ya. My choice came down to you, Brian Finch, or Kevin Miller. I gotta say, kevin has been really impressive. He's gaining ground so fast, I'm sure he's got a lot left (well, that was the idea any way) So, he got my 'wild card pick. Brett Campbell will make it in on points, and he will be fast. - Lots of ridetech shocks in the final four, no matter what.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      Central California
      Posts
      2,050
      Country Flag: United States
      You guys just put the Jinx on me ...

      I'm bringing some home-made brownies for all of you.

      Mary P.
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

      "STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

      "It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "


    15. #15
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Peoria, AZ
      Posts
      262
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
      You guys just put the Jinx on me ...

      I'm bringing some home-made brownies for all of you.

      Mary P.
      You bring the brownies. The locals will figure out how to get everyone in the mood the night before...... ;-)

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Posts
      218
      Hey well I am glad you guys all are figuring how big this event is going to be. And Yes we ordered more bleachers and bathrooms for the event.

      With only three events left to win fastest time and four events to gain points this is going to be a fight to the end. Don't forget that this race is after SEMA an we will have a bunch of guys coming from the optima event to try and race their way in...could be some sleepers in that mix also.

      The three events left to get the overall fastest time are Indy, the Big TX track and Charlotte where you never know DSE could get in from that event. Remember they gave up Ryan Mathews fastest time at Columbus which gave it to Brian Finch, was that the thing to do or not???

      Then we still have Pleasanton for guys to get a few more points to shuffle the nine that get in on points.

      To say that this AutoCross event is going to be the BIGGEST of the year maybe an understatement....

      One more note on this, you guys will need helmets for the finals...Bring them with you.

      Goodguy Ed
      Last edited by Goodguy Ed; 07-31-2013 at 09:01 AM.

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Roanoke (FortWorth) Texas
      Posts
      789
      Quote Originally Posted by Goodguy Ed View Post
      Hey well I am glad you guys all are figuring how big this event is going to be. And Yes we ordered more bleachers and bathrooms for the event.

      With only three events left to win fastest time and four events to gain points this is going to be a fight to the end. Don't forget that this race is after SEMA an we will have a bunch of guys coming from the optima event to try and race their way in...could be some sleepers in that mix also.

      The three events left to get the overall fastest time are Indy, the Big TX track and Charlotte where you never know DSE could get in from that event. Remember they gave up Ryan Mathews fastest time at Columbus which gave it to Brian Finch, was that the thing to do or not???

      Then we still have Pleasanton for guys to get a few more points to shuffle the nine that get in on points.

      To say that this AutoCross event is going to be the BIGGEST of the year maybe an understatement....

      One more note on this, you guys will need helmets for the finals...Bring them with you.

      Goodguy Ed
      Any chance for a live webcast for those of us who are budget limited? Bangshift does a great job and Chads always a blast to listen to.
      Chris

      Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Posts
      218
      Quote Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
      Any chance for a live webcast for those of us who are budget limited? Bangshift does a great job and Chads always a blast to listen to.
      Oh Chad is to big for Goodguys!!!!! Not really he has been busy and has a live web cast that same weekend.
      We are working on video now for this event and maybe it can be live for all the AutoCross people that can't make the trip.

      Goodguys was able to get a few great guys to announce this year along with Chad was his partner Brian and Tim Strange and Charles Hendrickson.
      It has been great to listen to other guys during the year.

      Looking forward to this event and how this all goes down.
      Ed

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Roanoke (FortWorth) Texas
      Posts
      789
      Quote Originally Posted by Goodguy Ed View Post
      Oh Chad is to big for Goodguys!!!!! Not really he has been busy and has a live web cast that same weekend.
      We are working on video now for this event and maybe it can be live for all the AutoCross people that can't make the trip.

      Goodguys was able to get a few great guys to announce this year along with Chad was his partner Brian and Tim Strange and Charles Hendrickson.
      It has been great to listen to other guys during the year.

      Looking forward to this event and how this all goes down.
      Ed
      Alright. I need some help with this one. Cant get ready for the show as the details of the Webcast have not yet been divulged. Please, if you are in the know .... Ed, fill us in. I dont want to miss the action.
      Chris

      Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jun 2005
      Location
      Surprise, AZ
      Posts
      168
      Country Flag: UK
      I can't wait for this event, talk about an all star shoot-out, hopefully Chad will be back, we've missed him at the last three GG Scottsdale events, looking forward to getting a few runs in myself.

      68 Firebird 400, 325 cfm Edelbrock heads, .628" solid roller, TKO 600 w/3.73's, Ridetech TruTurn and 4 link with HQ coil overs, Hotchkis Swaybars, Guldstrand mod, Baer 12" PBR 4wdb, Detroit Speed Subframe Connectors, 18x9.5 & 18x12 Apex EC-7's.

    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast