Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Record Runs at A.M.P. So Cal Challenge.

The track record is now down to 43.2--. Set by Kowalski's little green 'Monster Miata'. During competition for the So Cal Challenge, a 200 TW tire rule is in effect. But, there is some interest in making record runs. A.M.P. track records have NO tire rule, so slicks are OK. How fast is 43.2--? well, I have ran 44.648 in the HellBoy on BGF KDW's at 300 TW. I know that Karl, Casey, Brian, Mike, Sal, Bret, and others have closed in on the 44-45 second range on street tires. On saturday, march 2nd, during the first So Cal Challenge of 2013, the track officials will allow record rund from 12:00pm to 1:00pm. (during the lunch break) Competitors who wish to attempt the record will be allowed to exit the lower track at 11:30 am, givin 30 minutes to change tires and prep. At 11:50, all other drivers will move their cars to the upper level for lunch, clearing the stack lanes for the cars and crews making record runs. During record runs, run groups will have a max of three cars. Get ready boys, I feel a new record coming. If your not there to see it, watch it live on Bangshift.com.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com