Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

American Street Car Series is proud to present the Detroit Speed Southern Slam

DSE to Host the "Southern Slam" at Carolina Motorsports Park April 20th - 21st.

Mooresville, NC – It is now official, the American Street Car Series will once again be invading South Carolina and the 2.3 mile road course at Carolina Motorsports Park for Detroit Speed's "Southern Slam" in Kershaw, SC April 20th - April 21st. The American Street Car Series was last here in 2012 during the Run to the Ole South. This will be an optima Ultimate Street Car Qualifier for the season ending event November 9th that pits the top street cars from across the country against each other in Pahrump, NV following the SEMA show.

The event will begin bright and early Saturday morning with tech inspection followed by Track "Hot Tips" presented by Jet-Hot. Saturday will be a full track day, this will be the road course portion of the event only. The full 2.3 mile track will be operated during this time solely for road course times. Following all of the action there will be a Low Country Boil on Saturday night.

Sunday will be a half day of autocrossing action on the "west" course. The west course was used during the 2012 Run to the Ole South and worked out perfect for competitors as well as track operators and corner workers. After all of the action is completed, we'll meet up at the pits and have the official awards ceremony.

Event Information:
      Registration - $150.00
      Camping Fee - $15.00 (Two nights)
      Event T-Shirt - $15.00

Sponsored by

To register visit

http://americanstreetcarseries.com/d...registration//

Last edited by Bill Howell; 02-13-2013 at 02:54 PM.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Registered!!!!

I'll be there !
      Camping at this event is the best !
      The track is good too .
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

we are in!!

drive it like you stole it!
      1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig
      1975 AMC matador coupe-long term project

I'm registered...just gotta get busy and get my car done!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Bill,
      How early can we enter the track grounds? Is camping available Friday night?
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Bill,
      How early can we enter the track grounds? Is camping available Friday night?
      Camping and carting on Friday evening. Karting is on individual participant's dime. Camping at the track is $15 for the weekend/no hookup. They have good bathhouse, so bring your tent and plan on late nights...
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Bill - do you know if they are/are not providing power? They did last year and I think they had water too if I remember correctly. No sewage though but that was no big deal.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

How nice of you guys to schedule this on my birthday. Looking forward to it. Maybe a nice slice of apple pie could be available Sat night to help celebrate. Can't think of a better group of folks to spend the weekend with.
      Mike

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
      Bill - do you know if they are/are not providing power? They did last year and I think they had water too if I remember correctly. No sewage though but that was no big deal.
      I have to pay extra for power, but it is available for a fee. No sewage and limited water access. I will have my motorhome there like last year, but pretty much plan on dry dock camping with it.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holleman View Post
      How nice of you guys to schedule this on my birthday. Looking forward to it. Maybe a nice slice of apple pie could be available Sat night to help celebrate. Can't think of a better group of folks to spend the weekend with.
      Mike
      I will see if we can get you an apple pie with a candle on it.....WAIT, no candles.......
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Geoff, CMP has power available in most of the paddock. I think 30 amp only. There is a minimal fee.
      Mike
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post

Yah I remember paying the fee for power now that you mention it. My camper isn't setup for full dry dock so I have to at least have power and would love to have water if possible.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

I may not be able to bring the truck and run it, but I may see if if I can make it down to spend the weekend. I'll chase cones or help out as a worker in any way that may be needed.
      Matt Kenner

68 C10 stepside

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

I'm in, looking forward to some fun on this track.

April 20th is my wedding anniversary but I'm hoping to make it. I'm making my wife a nice Valentine's Day dinner tonight, so if all goes as planned i'll be registering tomorrow.
      Marc Battiste

1969 Camaro
      LY6/T56/12 Bolt

Quote Originally Posted by regal454 View Post
      April 20th is my wedding anniversary but I'm hoping to make it. I'm making my wife a nice Valentine's Day dinner tonight, so if all goes as planned i'll be registering tomorrow.
      What could possibly be more romantic than spending quality time together at the race track!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holleman View Post
      Mike
      hey mike! mine is the 18th. so i guess this is like a birthday present to myself! lol.

drive it like you stole it!
      1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig
      1975 AMC matador coupe-long term project

Registered last night! Sam and I will be bringing the 66 down. Time to burn the midnight oil and get the car back together.

How do we register for gocarts

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com