Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

King of the Coast is back for RTTC 4

We did a trial run last year on dialing back the competition piece just a bit by eliminating the overall or "King of" winners at our events. Due to the feedback and overall desire for people to compete (even if they say it is only about fun) we are bringing it back for the 2013 series at all of our events.

For the 4th Annual Run to the Coast we will be following the system below. Please take note at the bonus points section as we will try to mix things up a bit this year event to event.

For the Run to the Coast event we will score across 4 segments which include the Friday Cruise, Road Course, Autocross, and Speed Stop Squared. There will also be a bonus opportunity which is detailed below.

· All vehicles completing the cruise portion of the event will receive 5 points (Cars can meet at the first stop due to logistics but must complete the remainder with the group)
      · Road course points will be awarded based on fastest single lap recorded over the entire weekend
      · Autocross winner will be determined by Sundays heads up shootout. All participants are eligible to participate in the shootout. All other positions will be determined by the single fastest lap recorded over the weekend. (A Saturday shootout may be held which will be for bragging rights only if time permits)
      · Speed Stop Squared winner will be determined by Sundays heads up shootout. All participants are eligible to participate in the shootout. All other positions will be determined by the single fastest lap recorded over the weekend
      Points for the performance segments will be as follows
      · 1st place 20 Points
      · 2nd place 18 points
      · 3rd place 16 points
      · 4th place 14 points
      · 5th place 12 points
      · 6th place 10 points
      · 7th place 8 points
      · 8th place 6 points
      · 9th place 4 points
      · 10th place 2 points

Bonus Points Opportunity

For this year’s event each participant will receive 2 special flyers. To get the bonus points you must go Saturday morning to Cars and Coffee at 7905 Gateway Blvd, Irvine, CA 92618 before the event and select 2 cars that you feel are your top choice. Write your entry number on the flyers and take a picture of you with the car and flyer and then show the picture at the registration table in the tent at El Toro and you will receive 2 bonus points. The flyers allow the owners of the cars selected free entry to the event as a spectator, so if possible talk with the owners and let them know about the event and invite them to come out. If the owner is not around then please leave on the windshield or driver’s seat.

At the end of the event points will be totaled and the King of the Coast will be named. In the event of a tie the fastest Road Course time will be the tie breaker.

Good Luck to all,
      Last edited by Finch; 02-12-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Changed to Cars and Coffee
      Brian Finch
      Pro-touring Hero

The Proof is on the Pavement

Sponsored by Baer Brakes, JRI Shocks, Pennzoil, Tremec, Magnaflow, Centerforce, AFCO Racing, Kurt Urban Performance, Amercian Powertrain, Forgeline, Holley, and of course BFG.

For the best engine money can buy please visit http://www.kurturbanperformance.com/

Authorized dealer for Baer, Ridetech, Detroit Speed, Vintage Air, Motorstate Distributing, Wilwood Engineering, American Autowire, Forgeline, Holley, Afco,

Contact brian@finchperformance for special Pro-Touring.com member pricing

www.hotrodtransformations.com

Country Flag: United States

I really like the 'secret marketing' bonus points. It's a great idea to get others interested even if just as spectators.
      Since I can't make the event I may try to make donut derelicts

Quote Originally Posted by aray327 View Post
      I really like the 'secret marketing' bonus points. It's a great idea to get others interested even if just as spectators.
      Since I can't make the event I may try to make donut derelicts
      Aaron, please note the change. It should have read Cars and Coffee, Irvine. Thanks!
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Sounds like a great idea!

What time do we go to Cars and Coffee?

Brian
      Brian Hobaugh
      65 Corvette
      73 Camaro

Early, as in leave hotel about 5:45am. I hear if you are much after 6am you are late and no parking? Plus, we figure we will leave about 7am or 7:30 and head on to the track.

Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com