Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Dupont color code for Lemans Blue?

Hello guys

My car is going to get a new paint job, and I am leaning towards the Lemans Blue which is its origional color. I realized that there are two Dupont codes for Lemans Blue, 5030L and 5030D.

Does anybody know the difference between these two color codes?

I would appreciate your input guys in this matter

72 Camaro RS:SOLD
      68 Camaro:
      LS6 Engine,Tremec TKO 600,5 Speed
      Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

I'll look when I go into work monday unless I'm around my paint store sat morning then I'll look at the formula then.

L=lucite d=dulux

Quote Originally Posted by langtown View Post
      L=lucite d=dulux
      I know that L is Lucite and D is dulux but what is the difference between them? Do people go with Lucite or Dulux code?
      68 Camaro:
      Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

Dupont acrylic lacquer (Lucite) was introduced on GM vehicles in 1960 and contained methyl methacrylate polymer (plastic) which was more durable and allowed for for exciting colors due to the transparency of the polymer.

Based on this I would get your paint supplier to cross reference 5030L into todays technology do a spray out and see how you like it.

I hope this helps

Mike

Laquer is a thing of the very distant past chips when you look at it & no chemical resistance. Dulux is a alkyd enamel takes forever to dry and the shine lasts a couple of months think old school maaco jobs. I don't think you can even buy them anymore the numbers are still good just drop off the letters. I would get it in either chroma base or chroma premier

Thank you guys for your input really appreciate it
      68 Camaro:

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com