Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

under side of floor pans

any one useing lizird skin or sem bed liner on on under side of floor pans any advice would be appreciated

Mine are Raptor lined front to rear. Also did the rear wheel wells..

I just finished two different 69 camaro's and used the SEM liner in both. I sprayed it inside and out with a second skin on top on the inside. Not really worried about the minimal extra weight just want to make it as quiet and rust proof as I could. Looks great and makes a difference in sound

'Veteran' --is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

X2 for raptor beware of the clear version that you can tint comes out to be more of a flat look. It's much nicer if you paint over the top instead you get more of a gloss. My suggestion would be tint it then paint over the top.

Using Lizard skin ceramic insulation here.
      Like that it rejects heat, is lightweight, and has a pebble like appearance.
      Have not sprayed it yet, but will soon.
      I am doing entire floor pan (top and bottom), wheel wells, and inner roof structure.
      I purchased the lizard skin gun to make sure it goes on uniformly.

Where's the pics? I would like to see.
      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast

Quote Originally Posted by rohrt View Post
      Where's the pics? I would like to see.
      I'm not allowed release any pics until after the world of wheels show this coming weekend. The shop wants to unveil it there first. I will get you some then

Pics please. Gotta see that stuff. Thx

I forgot to put fresh batteries in my camera before I left the house but here's some done in black https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...izard-skin-etc

I used SPI epoxy on mine, and then hit it with a few coats of rattle-can bedliner. It's not as thick as the Rhino-liner stuff, but gave the pans a light texture and will protect the epoxy a bit from chips.

I did a search on "bed liner comparison"

I was pleasently surprised by this site. Seems to be a good write up. They are more concerned about UV protection and a few other things that I wouldn't be so much concerned with if using on the underside of a car.
      http://monstaliner.com/monstaliner_comparisons.htm

I realize this page is more of an advertisement for monstaliner so take it for what its worth. I do like the pictures at the bottom. For myself I would want more of a smoother rubbery surface that would clean up easily. Unfortanatly thoes don't always look the best.

The Raptor product looks pretty good. So hard to compare these with out seeing them in person.

Also there is a link on the hotrodders site about the micro sphears that can be added for blocking heat.
      http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/alte...ml#post1645836
      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast

I obtained samples of SEM, Lizard Skin, Raptor and two others. We are going to raptor a portion of my floors tunnel and underside and the rest will be painted in Spies matte black. The Raptor is pure black and super durable it isnt rubbery or like undercoat at all

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com