Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Austria

window channels 1st gen camaro

right now my car is complete apart so thats the perfect time to ask what you guys did to prevent sidewindow popout on high speeds. the little clips just wonīt hold the window from 80-90mph upwards and due to the fact that i live near the german border i wanted to change that since i have my camaro. any input on that besides leaving the window slightly open

69 camaro, 418cui p1sc1, ridetech,forgeline, and some more money wasted

seems just autocrossers here and they donīt get up to 80mph and windows stay down as coolness factor

Country Flag: United States
      I'm sure sarcasm will get your tons of help.
      Aldin
      1969 Camaro (Weapon of Choice) in the works

I am also interested in this as my car will see a lot of highway and for some reason every speed limit sign is posted directly in my blind spot so I just assume that means there is none.
      Daniel
      1969 Firebird LS3/T56

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...quot?highlight=

Driven my 69 well over 100mph a few times and not sure what you are referring to. However I do have power windows. Maybe the power regulators hold the glass tighter against the channel? Put I do have lots of wind noise. I think I still need to adjust then better.

seems sarcasm got me 3 replys so it works but my 2nd post wasnīt meant sarcastic at all, but i can excuse it onto my motherlanguage which is german, so sometimes itīs hard to find the fine line not stepping into sarcasm. excuse me if i did

aaron my windows start to whistle and howl from 60-70mph and up, definitely misadjustment, but from 80-90mph upwards the windows start to pop outwards from the surge cause the little clips at the front corner canīt hold them. if it would be for short times it wouldnīt bother me but iīm doing 100mph as regular speed on our austrian highways and as soon as i cross the german border iīm doing 120-140mph all the times. if thereīs no way to fix that ok but thatīs why iīm asking. on pt are a lot of top car builders and i think if somebody is building a 150k$ car the windows are not whistling and letting water in

Reading your post that your car is apart suggest you're rebuilding it and therefore implies the rubber seals would also be aged and in need of replacing. The new rubber seals are very thick and seem to wrap both sides of the class when completely closed. Also I don't believe that tabs sole purpose is to hold the class as you would hit it every time you closed the door with the windows up. I think your issues are more related to old rubber seals and possibly worn regulators allowing too much movement and or window regulator bushings, those little plastic wheels that roll along the regulators. Hope that helps.

replaced the weatherstrip 3 years ago. but iīll give the bushings and everything else a try that moves or guides

I would try adjusting them some more. I have had mine 120+ and not had the windows popping out. (wind noise yes!!)

Check out the little courderoy (sp) pads at the top inside of the door and the plastic buttons on the glass that hit them. I have seen the buttons worn down to half what they should be.
      Last edited by BuzzKillian; 01-18-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: had another thought
      Mike South
      1968 Camaro SS/RS LS1/T56
      Ride Tech Tru Turn, Ride Tech T/Q Coil-overs
      Ride Tech 4-link

ok guys. gonna replace all the internals first and maybe i get a good idea on some better fixation besides the stock stuff. i thought about real channels first but that wonīt allow to close the doors when the windows are fully up.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com