Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Im ready, but the car keeps kicking me in the butt. Since I got it running and driving I have had to change trannys and now I have a oil pan gaskets leak(I hope I don't have to pull the motor to fix it)
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

I know the feeling. Engine shop has had my LS1 for 7 weeks after I spun a rod bearing. Shuold have it back on Friday. That leaves little time for break in.

Thanks for the count down Scott!

Keep on pressing on with the wrenches!
      "Speak softly and drive a six speed stick"

-2000 Camaro SS Convt
      -1970 El Camino project

How late can we register? Car is coming along and would really like to make this event.
      thanks
      Kevin
      Kevin

69 Camaro LS2 (LT4 no longer) T56 DSE suspension, 9" mini tub, Baer brakes, Budnik wheels, Vintage Air

What time is the event start on Saturday? Im going to go right to the track. Haven't seen any times posted..

Yes sir, The Summers and Sons C-10 will be there.

Jason Brady
      www.ridetech.com 812-482-2932

The Guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Hole View Post
      What time is the event start on Saturday? Im going to go right to the track. Haven't seen any times posted..
      Saturday and Sunday the track opens at 7am - turn in your Tech Sheet on Saturday!!

Here's a link to the Tech Sheet http://www.heidtsperformancecarchall...0sheet-pdf.pdf

It was an awesome event and I want to thank Bill Howell and Heidts and all of the others who gave up there weekend so we could have this one and all of their effort for making it possible. Met a lot of new people and saw some amazing cars.
      Hope everyone made it home safe.

Wow!!!!!!!! it was fun and the Cormaro made it back home with no real wounds to lick and a few definate improvements that to be taken care of.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

I want to echo Jim's thanks to Bill H. and the guys at Heidts who put on the event. Unfortunately, we didn't fair so well, as the Chevelle blew up the torque converter in my 4L80e and we were done mid day on Saturday. Probably for the best, as I was WAY out of my league compared to many of the drivers & cars there. I heard that the first year (when I came and watched) had 40 participants and this year there were close to 90!

Below are a few pics - hopefully someone else will post more as I was preoccupied and didn't think to go around and take photos for the most part.

Here's one of my chevelle - think I messed up and parked in the "Camaro-only" staging lane. Chevy's were WELL represented at the HPCC this year...
      Name:  IMG_9093_zps6a3be12a.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  87.5 KB

Yeah - I like this photo, as it LOOKS like I'm out in front (in reality in this photo I might have been on the verge of being lapped as we went nice and easy the first time around)
      Name:  IMG_9099_zps9b52583a.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  62.3 KB

Not sure who she was, but her camaro OOZED speed.
      Name:  2013-05-11_13-04-33_305_zpsb9274228.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  108.2 KB

Sobering reminder about how easy it is to get in trouble real quick. Not sure what the circumstances were, but there was a hush over the pits when it happened and we all cringed when the flatbed brought it back in from the far side of the course (out of sight). Unfortunately, this guy had the most photographed car of the day...
      Name:  2013-05-11_14-17-27_454_zpsc94dafd2.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  103.2 KB

All in all, it was a good day and I'm sure everyone had a blast. Me - I've got some repairs to make, upgrades to plan, and A LOT of experience to gain in the coming months. What a rush though...

Great to hear the event went well. It's a very nice facility. I made it to the last event (spectator) and was a good time. Unfortunately mothers day weekend does not work out for "guy time at the track". Let's hope for a different weekend next year!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyP View Post
      Great to hear the event went well. It's a very nice facility. I made it to the last event (spectator) and was a good time. Unfortunately mothers day weekend does not work out for "guy time at the track". Let's hope for a different weekend next year!

I hear ya, Buddy. When I registered for it, it never dawned on me that it was Mothers Day weekend. So, all things considered, I suppose it was good I came home Saturday afternoon. I agree that the date isn't the best, given that early May in Chicago could be sunny and 80 but is more likely to be 48 and raining. We lucked out as it only sprinkled a little bit on Saturday morning. Nothing to make the track too wet though. Spent Sunday thinking "boy what great weather for racing" as it was sunny and in the 50s. Will be interesting to see the lap times.

Big thanks to Heidt's and the Bill Howell Crew.. It was a great event.. Had a ball and meet a lot of very great people.. The party that was put on Saturday night was great also.. Wish I could of stayed for Sunday but had to be home. I posted some videos on YouTube..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_oLiSSqFPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UuMNm9fYl8
      Attached Images Attached Images      
      1963 Pontiac Lemans, 1956 Chevy wagon, 63 Nova Convertible, 1940 Cadillac

I had a blast. first event with the car with the new build. I have a list a mile long I need to work on.
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

[QUOTE=RobLinke;991904]I want to echo Jim's thanks to Bill H. and the guys at Heidts who put on the event. Unfortunately, we didn't fair so well, as the Chevelle blew up the torque converter in my 4L80e and we were done mid day on Saturday. Probably for the best, as I was WAY out of my league compared to many of the drivers & cars there. I heard that the first year (when I came and watched) had 40 participants and this year there were close to 90! [QUOTE]

Definetly sucks you had to cut it short but at least it was just the torque converter.
      I also Just wanted to say thanks for letting me use your tools to bleed my brakes!

Thanks to Heidt's, American Street Car Series, Jet Hot for the Autocross school and Forgeline for the Saturday night party, and all the other sponsors as the whole event was a great time and look forward to coming back next year to do it again.

Dannie
      2013 Chevy Camaro SS/RS/1LE, Forgeline Wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, Pedders Subframe Bushings, Ride Tech triple adjustable coilovers, Strong Arms and SwayBar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com