Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Heidts Performance Car Challenge Registration is now open

Heidts Performance Car Challenge Returns to Autobahn Motorsport May 11-12, 2013
      December 12, 2012 (Wauconda, IL) - The Heidts Performance Car Challenge returns this spring to the famous Autobahn Motorsport Country Club in Joliet, Illinois (near Chicago) under the direction of the American Street Car Series staff. This is your chance to have some fun and sharpen your skills with some of the fastest Pro-Touring and Street cars in the industry at one of the best racing facilities in the country. Media coverage for the event includes editors and staff from Super Chevy, Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords and Camaro Performers. The event will also be documented by the folks at Power TV Media who will be creating a video of the racing to be posted on the Heidts’ website shortly after the conclusion of the event.
      Heidts Automotive Group (Heidts, Kenny Brown Performance, and Alston Racing) will kick off the event at their headquarters in Wauconda, IL on Friday May 10th with a participant BBQ and plant tour. Following the tour, participants will “cruise” back to the host hotel in Joliet, Illinois near the track to prepare for the weekend’s festivities.

Saturday racers will have access to the Autobahn Country Club North Track and test their vehicles and driving skills on the 1.8-mile technical circuit. The Autocross track will offer a driving test of man (or woman) against a tight cone-outlined track as participants race against the clock. As a special added test of driving skill, the Speed Stop Squared Competition, a combination of braking test, drag race and autocross, is sure to entertain. As a special Saturday only event, we will offer an Autocross Driving School, taught by Pro-Touring level drivers, for the first 20 applicants who sign up for Saturday autocross driving and desire to attend the school. To facilitate these students, special school hours will be dedicated to the school, however plenty of non-school related driving time will be available. In addition to Saturday’s driving events, a Car Show will be staged with participants eligible for multiple class awards as judged by top industry builders including the highly coveted Best of Show award.

On Sunday, racers return to Autobahn to continue the fun driving the North Track and participating in the Auto Cross Challenge and Speed Stop Squared Competition. Throughout the weekend, spectators and participants alike will be able to meet with some of the most prominent vendors and manufacturers in the industry along the HPCC manufacturers’ midway. Throughout the weekend there will be technical seminars on improving your cars handling and performance as well as new product information from industry and vendor experts.

The Heidts Performance Car Challenge is open to all domestic performance cars regardless of year of manufacture - 1964 Mustang to 2011 Camaro, 1969 AMX to 2010 Challengers - bring them out and have some fun! Participant registration is limited to 70 vehicles to ensure that all racers will have plenty of track time. To register simply go to www.heidtsperformancecarchallenge.com and click on “register.”
      The Heidts Performance Car Challenge will be staged over two days. Racers can buy either a one day pass for $175 or the complete weekend for $350. You must be preregistered and the event takes place rain or shine, no refunds. All makes and models of cars and trucks are welcome and a muscle car “review” will be included at some point in the show to celebrate the American Muscle machinery in attendance. Car Show participants can attend for $25 per day, which includes an event T-Shirt, and three free parade laps around the North Track. Trophies will be included for various classes of racing and car show. The Heidts Performance Car Challenge is free to all spectators. We look forward to seeing you there!!!

Heidts™ Automotive Group provides the best suspension and related chassis component solutions to create a superior buyer experience for the professional and hobbyist car builder or installer. The best suspension products are derived from field-tested component creation, intelligently engineered parts and absolutely the best quality, American-made manufacturing possible. Heidts Automotive Group's customer service directive begins with passionately dedicated and expertly trained sales technicians delivering quick and accurate customer solutions that ensure a positive sales experience. Optimal product solutions, quality products and customer satisfaction are at the core of our efforts every day. Heidts Automotive Group - Engineered Performance for more than 25 years.

The American Street Car Series started out with one event in 2006. For the first couple of years, ASCS only did the one Run To the Hills event in Pigeon Forge, TN. However, they were the first company to offer autocross and drag racing competition to the Protouring segment. Over the years that has progressed to the point that in 2012 they did six events across the country and feel they are the leader in track days, focused on letting people get true track time on Road Courses and setting up Autocross venues that give people a chance to improve their driving skills and enjoy their cars. ASCS encourages both seasoned drivers and novices to their events and make sure both groups get their money's worth when they attend our events. ASCS is proud to announce they are working with Heidts to bring you the Heidts Performance Car Challenge. They look forward to making this one of the premier events of the year and another of those "must attend" venues. ASCS hopes to see you there. Register now so you don't miss out on the fun.
      Last edited by Larry Callahan; 04-21-2014 at 08:28 PM.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Guys, the much anticipated return of this event has now come. Registration has opened and like our other events we look for this one to fill up quickly also. Note that we only have room for the first 20 in our autocross school on Saturday so be sure and sign up now for that if you plan to be part of the school. Today is the official opening of registration and several have already done so.

We will see everyone there in May.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

hey bill. we missed this last year and i want to make it this year. my question is,is this a more "fun" weekend or is this part of the optima deal? and do you have to compete all weekend to qualify for anything?

drive it like you stole it!
      1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig
      1975 AMC matador coupe-long term project

This is one of the ASCS events for the 2013 season. Put it in the FUN catagory...haha
      While we will do a couple OUSCI qualifers at our events this year, this isn't one of them. However, I hope that all of our events are FUN!!! haha
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

they are always fun! i think we are going to do saturday only and save the extra cash for doing more events. thanks!

drive it like you stole it!
      1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig
      1975 AMC matador coupe-long term project

DONE!! I'm in for the whole weekend!! I am so jacked as this was a fantastic event in 2011, and will be more fantastic-er with even MORE track time!!!!

See you there Bill!!

Country Flag: Canada
      Hi bill is this open to Canadians on the registration form only shows us states thanks
      Tony
      68 camaro
      69 camaro
      62 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by v8s only View Post
      Hi bill is this open to Canadians on the registration form only shows us states thanks

Absolutely, we love our north-of-the-border brethren. Let me know if that hinders you from getting registered.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

just registered thanks
      Tony
      68 camaro
      69 camaro
      62 corvette

Can't wait to see everyone in May!!!
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

THanks Jim, look forward to seeing you there and ole yellar. Folks, registration is coming right along on this event, be sure and sign up as soon as you can so you know you have a spot.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Class request?

Thanks for the info Bill! How do we go about designating AutoCross class when signing up? I know a few who have signed up but not designated the class. (first 20 was mentioned).

I appreciate the assistance.
      "Speak softly and drive a six speed stick"

-2000 Camaro SS Convt
      -1970 El Camino project

Quote Originally Posted by Mark -G- View Post
      Thanks for the info Bill! How do we go about designating AutoCross class when signing up? I know a few who have signed up but not designated the class. (first 20 was mentioned).

I appreciate the assistance.
      On the registration page, the last line before the submit button you just check the box that says you want to do the school.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

It appears the registration form has change from when I registered on 1/9. There was no box for the school or different classes. How do I go back and submit this info?

Quote Originally Posted by howehot View Post
      It appears the registration form has change from when I registered on 1/9. There was no box for the school or different classes. How do I go back and submit this info?
      email me at [email protected] and I will get the change made. Sorry if it wasn't there when you registered. I thought it has been there all along. No issue though, we are not quite to the limit yet, will be by next week.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell View Post
      email me at [email protected] and I will get the change made. Sorry if it wasn't there when you registered. I thought it has been there all along. No issue though, we are not quite to the limit yet, will be by next week.
      Same here Bill, the form has changed since 1/11, email sent!

Quote Originally Posted by protour73 View Post
      Same here Bill, the form has changed since 1/11, email sent!
      Got ya covered Scott. Thanks!
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Heidts Performance Car Challenge Registration is now open

Looking forward to stepping up to the road course. The way I see it is if autocross is fun then road course must be better.

same here the form changed please put me down for the school if possible and in the muscle car class thank you
      Tony
      68 camaro
      69 camaro
      62 corvette

Any pro touring trucks sign up yet?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com