Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Use the Holley accessory brackets. They fit a-bodies the best and you can retain that alternator, but will have to swap out to the Corvette power steering pump. Holley makes spacers that will position their accessory drive to line up with your f-body balancer.

Andrew
      Andrew, We talked to Holley and Kwik Performance today and both make similar brackets... Holley being less expensive. So basically use the Holley bracket, maintain the alternator we have and use an off the shelf C5 power steering pump with the C5 pulley? (Or Turn On pump ect)
      Ryan
      UMI Performance
      www.umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by UMI Performance View Post
      Andrew, We talked to Holley and Kwik Performance today and both make similar brackets... Holley being less expensive. So basically use the Holley bracket, maintain the alternator we have and use an off the shelf C5 power steering pump with the C5 pulley? (Or Turn On pump ect)
      That's correct, and don't forget to order the spacers to match your balancer offset. Just follow along with the excellent instruction guide:

http://documents.holley.com/199r10640rev.pdf

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

That's correct, and don't forget to order the spacers to match your balancer offset. Just follow along with the excellent instruction guide:

http://documents.holley.com/199r10640rev.pdf

Andrew
      Perfect, thank you! Holley mentioned the spacer install kit. Thanks for the info... sounds like the route we are going.
      Ryan
      UMI Performance
      www.umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!

The Holley alternator relocation bracket and spacer kit is in along with the power steering reservoir, C5 power steering pump will be coming soon. We also got the LeMans back on the lift to install the fuel system and finish the design of our T56 crossmember.

Ryan
      UMI Performance
      www.umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!

Nice. Those Holley accessory brackets are a real problem solver!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Nice. Those Holley accessory brackets are a real problem solver!

Andrew
      Thanks for recommending them Andrew! They seemed to be about the best out there for this.
      Ryan
      UMI Performance
      www.umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!

I love the stance in the rear end, those tires are tucked in the fender real nicely. Great color combo too, it's going to be a sweet ride!
      93 RCSB GMC Sonoma Tubular Ub Machine UCA's, 3" Belltech coils, 3" Summit Racing leafs, ZQ8 front and rear sway bars,trans am steering box, KYB-Gr2 shocks, 255/40/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE760, Eagle 212 17X8".

A few more things came in. Turn One C5 power steering pump and the Baer master cylinder.

Ryan
      UMI Performance
      www.umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!

Ryan,

Got some more info on that Delphi steering box?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

I'm interested in your finished trans crossmember. Are you designing something to market, or just a part for your car?

At this point, a make-it-yourself G-Force kit is what I'm looking at since A-body T56 crossmembers are that popular.

Really enjoying the build!!

Kerry
      66 Chevelle - LS-Leap

LQ9 / T56 Complete - Phase 2 in process!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-LS-Heap-quot
      SC&C, Kore3, Detroit Speed, BBS, Advanced Induction, TickPerf, Currie, Moser, Holley, Hellwig, Edelbrock LS-Kit, Mast, Wilwood, BP-Automotive, StopTech, Ridetech, Hotchkis, UMI, Energy Suspension, AAW, B&B Classic's, PPG, Aeromotive, Canton, C&R, Sparco, Ididit, Spectre, Bridgestone, DakotaDigital, Alpine, RockfordFosgate

Andrew[/QUOTE]

Andrew, We sell that box. Ramey is going to reply shortly with a little more info. We really need to get it added to our site, I need to work on that!

Quote Originally Posted by analyte View Post
      I'm interested in your finished trans crossmember. Are you designing something to market, or just a part for your car?

At this point, a make-it-yourself G-Force kit is what I'm looking at since A-body T56 crossmembers are that popular.

Really enjoying the build!!

Kerry
      Kerry- Glad you liking the build! We appreciate you checking it out. We plan on offering the T56 crossmember as a new product, it shouldn't take too long to get it to the market. Below are two proto-types we built, not the final product. The tubular design is light weight but could have some flex in it. The boxed design is tough but a little heavier. Our final design will be a combination and somewhere in the middle of these two. We have some cool ideas to make a nice set up with exhaust clearance and movement if the engine is set back or forward. Stay tuned.

Ryan
      UMI Performance
      www.umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!

Ryan,

Andrew
      Hey Andrew.

It's the Delphi 670 box that's popular nowadays. 12.7:1 ratio. 5 lbs lighter than stock. "Rack-n-pinion" style servo. We sell the kit with rag joint and fitting adapters for $599.99. They work with the older pumps by simply using the fitting adapters. Our Turn One C5 pump has the rate slightly modified (less output) for auto-x use and reduced chance of foaming.

We have the same box on our Green Machine G-body and it has survived two seasons of high rpm brutality.

ramey
      Technical Support
      UMI Performance, Inc.
      [email protected]

Join us on Facebook!

Country Flag: Canada
      I didn't realize you sell the 670 Steering Box Ramey, I have been looking to swap out my sloppy box for a while, have looked at DSE boxes, Lee boxes, the good old Jeep Grand Cherokee swap, a bunch of potential offshore junk on eBay and decided to put it off until the UMI Stage 5 suspension is done. Parts sitting on the shelf, haven't started on it yet but will call you to order the 670 Box with Rag and adapters once I am done the suspension ! Glad I saw this thread
      Jayson - '65 Beaumont Convertible

Making some more headway. The fuel tank is in and we started running the fuel line and power cables.

We also got the Holley alternator bracket installed along with the Turn One C5 pump. We ordered the correct belt today and hope to fire the engine tomorrow. With the Magnusun and alternator relocation it made the new belt run right through the power steering reservoir so we will need to space that out.

Tanks Inc tank is in.

Just another look at our part #4008 LSX motor mounts.

Holley alternator relocation bracket and Turn One C5 power steering pump.

Baer master cylinder installed. Clutch linkage still needs connected and worked on.

Ryan
      UMI Performance
      www.umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!

Mocking up the factory radiator support to the Wizard cooling radiator. Jerry is building brackets to easily mount the radiator in place.

Once the mock up is completed we will finish repairing the radiator support, sand blast it and powder coat it.

Ryan
      UMI Performance
      www.umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!

What headers are you running? How does the clearance look on the underside, are the collectors at or above frame level but still have clearance on the floorboard ?
      Im trying to decide on a header for my 1971 Chevelle LS3 TKO600 project but trying to get companies to respond with info and specs is like pulling teeth!

More progress on the LeMans.

Jerry is tying up all the wiring and making sure everything works. We don't have front fenders painted yet so it is tough to permanently mount everything. Jerry also installed the radiator, electric fans, power steering cooler and Magnuson intercooler. He is getting everything to fit correctly in the radiator support before we finish it and send it into powder coat.

Jerry uses our CNC laser to cut mounting templates for both the radiator mounts and a new tunnel. He uses cardboard as a template to prevent wasting steel.

Today Brian, one of our fabricators here at UMI is building the tunnel for the T56. We purchased a tunnel replacement from American Powertrain but is was too small, we should have known. So Brian will use the purchased tunnel as a base and then build off of it. We used our laser to cut plates to finish it.

Ryan
      UMI Performance
      www.umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle71 View Post
      What headers are you running? How does the clearance look on the underside, are the collectors at or above frame level but still have clearance on the floorboard ?
      Im trying to decide on a header for my 1971 Chevelle LS3 TKO600 project but trying to get companies to respond with info and specs is like pulling teeth!
      We used Flowmaster headers for this. If you go back through the build thread there is pictures of them when we got them and a part #. So far they seem good for us and worked well with our LS motor mounts. I would recommend them. I hope that helps,
      Ryan
      UMI Performance
      www.umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!

Nice progress!
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

We are working on the LeMans on a few hours each day, just nothing too exciting to take pictures of. We are working on all the wiring and plumbing the brakes. We can't do a lot more to the body until the fenders and nose are completed. We are also have a terrible time locating wheels.

We did do a preliminary tune on our LS engine with the Magnuson installed and it went perfect. Every wire was in the correct location and the engine started right up, idles and looks great.

Ryan
      UMI Performance
      www.umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com