Login / Register

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks good. So flares are next?
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Next will be knee surgery. :(

When I get past that and back into the garage will be the LS engine and transmission. I will have to get those so I can modify the firewall and trans tunnel.

I am not the best body guy so I will likely leave the flares to the body man. He is an artist and puts out some great products.

Neat project. I've always liked the lines of P1800s (coupe or wagon), just was never able to find a clean/cheap enough one to work on.

Also, nice Mustang you have there. I remembered drooling over that one at one of the car shows in Vancouver.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

I really like your build on the 1800. I have a 71 1800e and a 73 es. I plan on doing the same build on my es, but I am thinking about using either a Volvo 2300 turbo 4 cyl. or Ford 2.3 turbo 4 cyl. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      Oops. Front tire double post. Here is the rear.
      Nice looking build! Thanks for choosing our wheels. Performance is our most recent design and it looks great on your car!

Glad to see you're still working on the car!

Quote Originally Posted by Bozeforged View Post
      Nice looking build! Thanks for choosing our wheels. Performance is our most recent design and it looks great on your car!
      Thanks to you guys as well for making an incredible product. The worksmanship is great!

Quote Originally Posted by daemon2 View Post
      Glad to see you're still working on the car!
      Do have a build thread on here? I noticed you don't go back to Swedespeed anymore.

Not much of an update at this point. I am removing the firewall and will work on that tomorrow. I would like to use the original placement of the steering column but updated with a Ididit column. I will do some trimming and welding this weekend to see if my plan is viable. I will also be test fitting the Wilwood pedal assembly. That is if the Superbowl doesn't distract me. LOL!

1968 Volvo project Pure Volvocity

I picked up some seats today. They are Recaro seats from an E21 BMW. Looks like they'll need covers but to be in great shape other than that. I paid $225 for them. I will need to get some sliders and brackets for them. I will likely go to Wedge for those unless someone here has another suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by ncsurfer View Post
      I really like your build on the 1800. I have a 71 1800e and a 73 es. I plan on doing the same build on my es, but I am thinking about using either a Volvo 2300 turbo 4 cyl. or Ford 2.3 turbo 4 cyl. What do you think?
      I considered the 2.3L Ford for my car. It seems like they have great aftermarket support and make great power. I don't know much abou the Volvo engine and would tend to steer away from it for that reason. I have seen a guy local to me with the Ford turbo in a classic Mustang. Very clean and sanitary but makes very respecable power. I am a little tired of dealing with forced induction. I ended up spending MUCH more money on my Mustang because of the blower. I just want to drive the volvo and not have so much stuff to worry about. Does that mean I am getting old? LOL!

LOL.... You are never too old. I am 65, workout 4-5 days a week and can outlast most of my 30 something friends surfing(notice I didn't say I could out surf them)..... Plus, I can't believe I am taking on a project like this at 65, but I am going for it. I guess this is part of my bucket list....lol! I just think that with the 2.3 Ford engine, I can buy a Tbird 2.3 ltr Turbo Coupe with a 5 speed and have a great running gear combo with good power that is not too heavy for the 1800ES. Thanks for your feedback.....

I am interested to see how they fit in the 1800.

Great project, absolutely love these Volovos with an LS motor. That being said, you may find an LS2/3 is plenty of power considering the weight/tire you have. Unless of course, uncontrolled wheel spin is really the goal...

1973 Corvette Factory Primer Car
      1969 Barracuda Convertible
      1967 Plymouth Valiant

I'm making a little progress on the firewall. I've got the majority of it cut back to the vertical section of the battery box. I narrowed the pedal assembly by 2 inches and have mocked in the steering column. I will be using an Ididit column. I need to double check some measurements before welding everything together. I won't be able to do the new transmission tunnel until I get the engine and transmission in. I hope to get the engine by the end of April. I need to make sure the IRS is happy before I buy that.

I had to modify my plans for my pedal assembly. I originally planned to use a Wilwood pedal assembly but I ran into interference problems with the master cylinders. I will be using the original pedal but I will be converting it to a hydroboost system. I plan on retrofitting a hydroboost system from a Chevy Astro van. It should be here in the next few days and then I'll be able to do a little bit more mocking and hopefully welding.

I got a little bit more work done to the firewall today. I don't think I'll be able to do much more until I get my engine and transmission though. I also plan to work on putting in my hydroboost in this weekend.

My Budnik steering wheel finally arrived today!

Darreld. that looks pretty sharp, and looks like you have it tackled in a very sensible way.. The steering column fits very nicely in the Volvo dash, and looks like you have it all setup in the right position..

Thanks Robert. I have a 13.5" steering wheel and almost wish I went with a 15". The gauges may be a little hard to see . The seats are not mounted yet so it is hard to tell right now.

I got a bit more done today. The hydroboost is fitted, some more smoothing, grinding and welding. I still need to fill the holes for the original coil and an old heater related hole on the top. The hydroboost should clear the engine but I am not going to do anything else until I have the engine in place.

I have to wait until I figure out my tax liability before I buy the engine. Once that is done I will pick up the engine. I have to have my ACL and meniscus repaired on Thursday so I will be out of commission for a little while.

I haven't been able to do much lately. I had an ACL reconstruction surgery two weeks ago and am still pretty sore. I did make it into the garage last night for the first time and put new webbing in the Recaro seats I picked up. But the good news is I finally have an engine lined up. I will be picking up the engine Jason had for sale in the classified section. https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...L92-LS3-Engine It is a little more powerful than I originally planned but it sure will be fun! By the time it gets here I should be well enough to put it in. I also paid for my radiator and headers from Iamtheonlyreal1 and hope they will show up by the time the engine gets here.

A little update. I am healing well from my surgery and am able to spend a little time in the garage again. I have rebuilt the seat bottoms of my Recaro seats using a repair kit from http://www.2002parts.com/bmw/recaro-seat-parts.html. I also purchased some Recarro seat sliders a seat mounting brackets from Wedge Engineering. http://www.wedgeengineering.net/OurS...6/Default.aspx Both places are good to work with and provided great service and products. I ran into a problem with my steeriing wheel location though. When I mocked in the column I had the seats too low and now the steering wheel interferes with reading the gauges. I will have to drop the column down on the engine side a couple inches. Not a big deal but I just have to redo some of the work. Oh well.

I have the engine on the way and am almost ready for fitting. I will borrow an empty transmission case for mocking up my firewall and transmission tunnel. My transmission won't be ready for a little while. I purchased a set of headers and radiator from Robert Jackson (iamtheonlyreal1). We are waiting on Sanderson headers to finish them up though. When they come in I should be ready to set the engine in place. After the engine gets set in place I will start to deal with the fuel system, heater/AC and wiring. I hope to have it ready for the body shop by fall.

Best of luck Darreld. Hopefully I"ll be able to see it this summer.

I hope the valve cover will clear the hydroboost. Looks like it'll be tight.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com