Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Firewall looks phenomenal! Get better and get back on that thing!

65 Vista Cruiser
      67 Delta 88 Vert
      70 Vista Cruiser Pro-Tour Project
      96 T-Bird
      69 BSA A65L
      48 Ford F5
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...o-Tour-Project

1968 Volvo project Pure Volvocity

Thanks for the compliment.

My engine finally shipped out on Friday. I hope it will be here by next weekend. I have a lot of family obligations in the next week so I won't be able to look at it for a couple more weeks.

I went to the Portland Swap Meet today and got a killer deal on a new Vintage Air Front Runner accessory drive system. That will take about 3 weeks to show up. It looks like I need to follow up with my tranny guy now.

Wow... It looks like you will have some major fun work coming up, because that is going to look killer in there, especially with the front runner system..

I just hope the FR leaves me enough space in the front of the engine. I went with the black to go with the understated look. The whole kit was under $1700!

looks like another awesome volvo build!!!
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

An exciting day today. My engine arrived! The tranny will be late next week and the accessory drive in a couple more. My biggest thing now is waiting for the headers and motor mounts. Hope to have those by the end of the month. Once they arrive my knee will be strong enough for the final firewall and trans tunnel fabrication.

Country Flag: Canada
      Looking good! I spent all day messing around with my firewall....it's painful. I appreciate your efforts!

Great project Darreld!! I love the 1800 body style.

Good luck with your recovery and I look forward to more updates.
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

cool project! also love the volvo's body style!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

I was able to cut the floor to the rough shape of the transmission. I won't be able to put the engine and transmission in for a little while. I am at a stopping point while I wait for parts. The VA Front Runner setup should be here very soon, the transmission will be ready in a few days but I just ordered a paddle shifter kit and billet converter from Steve at Twist Machine. I should have the radiator and headers from Swedish Ops in the next week or so. The big delay is with my motor mounts. Don't have an ETA yet and it it looks like it will be more than a couple weeks I may just fab up my own. I received my F-body oil pan and have it on the engine.

Here are the places I am working with for these items. All of them are great to work with.
      http://swinehartstransmission.com/
      http://www.twistmachine.com/index.ph...products_id=18
      http://www.twistmachine.com/index.ph...products_id=13
      http://swedishops.com/

Here are a couple pictures if the items that got delivered today. The radiator is top notch. The welds are great, it is very thick and was packaged well. I had tabs mounted on the front of the radiator that I will mount a tranny cooler and AC condenser to. After I get my car mocked up I will likely have a shroud made for the Spal cooling fan. I just don't know how much space I will have once the Vintage Air kit is in place.

I got my power steering/hydroboost hoses from gottashow.com today. The only modifications I will do to them is to run AN fittings on the return hoses instead of clamps. I will run the same style hoses for my AC/heater hoses and fuel hose. I think they are very clean looking and make the car easy to work on.

My last surprise was a Swedish Ops work shirt! Thanks Robert! It looks and fits great.

I still can't do much until the transmission and torque converter are here. In the meantime I am trying to get all the items I need ready and here. I ordered some Raptor bed liner for the underside of the car. I can't spry it until I get the trans tunnel and firewall completed. I really want to get all of that done ASAP so that I can return the rotisserie I am borrowing. I hope it will be back to its home by July.

Sure like those cars, I perved a pair of them back in the 80's while I was in high school. They just sat in a driveway never moving. The people were "never home" the times I would stop by and then one day, poof, they were gone. This one sure looks like it's well on it's way to being a sweet little car.

Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      I need to make sure the IRS is happy before I buy that.
      Talk about taking something out of context, I saw this and wondered where I missed your post about ditching the 8.8 for independent rear suspension!

I couldn't wait anymore so I used my cherry picker to lower the engine in place today. It looks pretty good and there will be a lot of hood clearance.

I made some adjustment to the steering column as well. I had to lower it so that my steering wheel would clear the gauges. I will have to do a bit more clearancing here and there but I got it pretty close from using my estimates. Once the headers and engine stands arrive I will be able to dial it in.

Looks great! The engine looks new. Great find!

Country Flag: Australia
      Good clearance all round for the engine.

Car looks great
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

Thanks guys. I got the torque converter in from twistmachine.com and dropped it off at my tranny guy today. I should have the transmission by Tuesday.

Sanderson said early last week that the headers should be done by tomorrow. I will give the a call in the morning but I am not holding my breath. After that I need engine stands. They are held up in a delay in production.

After those items arrive I will be able to get a lot of work done. Waiting sucks but I guess this wait will be nothing compared to waiting for the body shop to work it's magic. :(

It sounds like my headers will be in tomorrow and the engine mounts in the next week or so. In the meantime the transmission is ready to go. My paddle shifter is a couple weeks out.

To kill some time I pulled all of the suspension out, which only took about an hour, so that I could spray the undercoating. I used Raptor liner and was surprised how easy it was to use. I did as much as I could and used 3 of the 4 bottles in the kit. The final bottle will be used on the transmission tunnel when that is complete. I want to wait for the transmission tunnel construction until the engine is permanently mounted.

this is looking great!

Thanks. I should have some engine stands in soon and then I can make some real progress. I am about to buy my AC unit for the car but I am undecided between Classic Auto Air/Restomod Air or Vintage Air. It sounds like CCA/RA (same company) build a better box but I really haven't heard anything bad about Vintage Air except there service may be not quite as good.

Other than that I am still waiting on the transmission controller and paddle shifter stuff from Twist Machine. That controller should have arrived at their place earlier this week and with any luck is on its way to me. I will also be ordering my engine wiring harness in the next few days from easyperformance.com. I plan on mounting all my wiring behind the back seat. I will have my engine, transmissions PCM's and my American Auto Wire fuse box mounted there. I figure by the time I get the AC in place withere will not be much room for wiring. I also hate climbing under the dash to look for problems if one ever comes up. This way I will just remove the rear seat and have easy access to everything.

Later today I am going to pick up a rear seat from a 1982-1992 Camaro that I will modify to fit my car. The back seat is pretty small and I am sure I will have to modify the seat to work but it should be more comfortable and sporty looking than the original.

Nice progress, looks good.
      Anthony
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/674663
      '71 Datsun 510, 2jz-gte (Supra TT) engine
      http://instagram.com/supra510

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com