Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome, looking forward to seeing the car in paint!

Who did you finally get to make the glass? I had to put my build on the shelf for a little while until I finish my new project, 1970 Boss 302 Trans AM tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by YourAverageJoe View Post
      Who did you finally get to make the glass? I had to put my build on the shelf for a little while until I finish my new project, 1970 Boss 302 Trans AM tribute.
      I am still waiting for a delivery from either company. Fesler tells me that it should be test fit now and when that is confirmed it will ship to me. That should be in the next few days. The other company still doesn’t have a sample yet.

This car has come so far! I can't wait to see it in paint and it would be amazing to see it at SEMA.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      I am still waiting for a delivery from either company. Fesler tells me that it should be test fit now and when that is confirmed it will ship to me. That should be in the next few days. The other company still doesn’t have a sample yet.
      you weren't wrong, they're advertising the windows on IG now

They called me a couple days ago for my shipping info so I knew it was ready. The post on Instagram was the first I had seen. Thanks for letting me know.

The chrome trim is being fitted now. The bumpers have been refined and work has started to blend the original door handles into the new trim. Once that is done all of it will be sent out for chrome.
      Name:  IMG_3097.jpg
Views: 1836
Size:  170.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_3085.jpg
Views: 1872
Size:  170.4 KBName:  IMG_3095.jpg
Views: 1858
Size:  87.1 KB

The last bit of work on the engine compartment is also being done. Won’t be long and it will be in color. The details take so long to perfect but it should be great when done.

Looking at the shot of the rear end, that color combination is pretty sexy.
      Like a pearl body with dark grey trim? haha

LOL! Actually that is just the primer. The body will be a charcoal and the lower panel will be black. Could be a good color combo though.

Yea, I knew it was primer, but thought the combo looked good. Looks "tasteful". haha
      But I love your combo of charcoal, black and chrome better!

This thing is so beautiful.
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

So, has the new glass arrived, yet?

No not yet. Michelle at Fesler called me today and said that it shipped out today. I should have the tracking number tomorrow. That should cover the front and rear glass.

The door and quarter glass will be cut locally. I am more worried about that. The guy that does custom glass around here is extremely busy and is hard to pin down.

The glass should be here tomorrow! Making more progress on the engine bay body work but it is so small and has lots of tubes it is making it pretty tedious.

The door handles are starting to get shaped and it is starting to look pretty nice. We will have to do a little more welding to fill in a hole and the stud but the end result should be pretty cool.

Name:  IMG_3215.jpg
Views: 1505
Size:  78.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_3214.jpg
Views: 1523
Size:  68.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_3213.jpg
Views: 1573
Size:  73.8 KB

Here is the other side which hasn’t seen the grinder yet.
      Name:  IMG_3216.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  137.9 KB

I'm curious; what necessitated the custom-cast door handles? They're looking quite nice, by the way.

I believe those are original to the car, at least I thought he mentioned that many posts back.

Quote Originally Posted by RMMiller View Post
      I believe those are original to the car, at least I thought he mentioned that many posts back.
      They are the stock door handles. We had to modify them to match the new custom trim. The new trim has a pretty significant difference in profile than the original trim. We chose a more rounded trim to accentuate the round lines of the car. The original trim had more of a triangle shape that complimented the more dramatic fins on an original car.

Got the front and rear glass test fitted today. The front glass is pretty good top to bottom and has a slightly larger gap on the sides. A little work to get the gaps where they meet my expectations. Probably just fine for most but I don’t like to settle.

The rear is pretty good but the upper rear corner on the passenger side is a little high. That will require a little metal work. I am not sure if it is the glass or the fact my car had a pretty big collision to the rear at one point.

Before my body guy does anything we will have the glass guy come in to render an opinion.

Name:  IMG_3243.jpg
Views: 1336
Size:  119.7 KBName:  IMG_3241.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  150.5 KBName:  IMG_3239.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  163.7 KBName:  IMG_3238.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  178.3 KB

In any case, it sure as hell is looking pretty!

Country Flag: Canada
      Darreld,
      I have read the whole post of your build and you are doing an amazing job. SEMA worthy for sure when you are done.... Think about Riddler Award !!!!
      I would like to suggest one thing.... when you do the seats, get the upholsterer to stitch in the moose to either the middle near the top of the back seat, or the headrests of the front seats. Just adds a little flair into the interior, and since the company that made your Moose for the grill already has it on file, should be easy to get the upholsterer to stitch it in the seat material from that file.
      More I think about it, it may look cool a little bit larger in the middle of the back seat......
      Keep up the great build.....

Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com