Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I have a couple updates. The body shop started welding on the rear fender arches. They look good but will require some rollingandjusent to the body lines and work at the bottom of the fender.

The rear end housing I purchased from Mad Volvo Performance arrived. It was drop shipped from Speedway Engineering and looks fantastic. I am waiting on the axles to arrive from Dutchman. I couldn't be more pleased the the rear end.

Man, I can't wait to see this one finished!

Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      Thanks guys.

I got the new wheels in and tires mounted. The prancing moose center caps set them off nicely.

When I was welding the brackets on the housing to move the link bars to the inside I had a little problem. I must have warped them and now the housing is leaking gear oil. I think I am just going to get a new housing and call this a learning experience. A 9" is now on the way as well as a new Dutchman 3rd member with truetrac.
      Looks great Darreld! Thanks for choosing Boze wheels.

Taillights look Awesome and I love the hood! Nice touch with the moose on the wheel cap!
      Pat

Awesome car. Loving the build.

Very cool.... this is one slick build.

I wish they made those rivals in larger sizes. Those tires just look damn good.

1968 Volvo project Pure Volvocity

I received the new 9" from Mad Volvo Performance and it looks great. I had it powder coated after welding on some brake line tabs. It is ready to go to the body shop and put under the car. Those 315 tires sure do look good. I am pretty excited.

The body shop was supposed to start on the quarter window modification on Friday or perhaps tomorrow. I think that is when the car will really start to visually transform.

Wow, this is coming together nicely.

Great talking with you at Ron Suttons workshop to.

Ahmad
      Ahmad B.

Thanks Ahmad. It was great to meet you at the Ron Sutton seminar in Vegas!

The rear windows are starting to take shape. I am starting to get a little excited now. The car is starting to transform! We are reevaluating the front lights to create a more modern look than using VW/Porsche buckets from the 60's. I will keep you posted on that one. ;)

That's a much nicer looking rear quarter window! Looking good!

Country Flag: Australia
      Love this build. You putting a drip rail on or shaving the existing one on the main windows? For what it's worth I'm in favour of retaining them (cars of this era had them and keeping them I think maintains a connection to the original) but I'm certain whatever you do will be right.
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

The plan was to shave the drip rails or to create a very small lip by welding and shaping some round rod. I will wait for that decision until they have been fully shaved.

We have almost finished up the quarter windows. The glass guy needs to come over to make some measurements and figure out a solution for that. After that is done the flange for glueing in the windows will be added. The interior portion of the Windows is done except for the addition of upper seatbelt mounts. The seams on the rear roof and on the A pillars have been removed and the drip rail fully shaved.

I have been wanting to add some sort of rear spoiler to the car for high speed downforce. I don't want to destroy the lines of the car and have come up with a creative solution. I purchased a spoiler from a Crysler Crossfire which is an active spoiler. It looks like a a flat panel but when activated my speed or a switch it raises up.

I plan on integrating it into the deck lid of the car. The only difference you will be able to see will be a 3/16" line that will run the width of the trunk lid and be about 6" from the end. I should have the spoiler in on Monday and will keep you posted as that idea comes to reality.

After I came up with the idea I was doing some googling and
      Came across a Chevelle that has already done it. Here is a picture of it.

Here is that retroactive build-thread. Very lite - only touches on the high points. Nothing near the quality of this build or this build thread!

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...olvo-240-Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by schwartzmesser View Post
      Sorry, I don't have a build thread. I tried blogging about it, but staying up to date with progress just isn't my strong suit. ...maybe I should do a retroactive build-thread...

I am still trying to decide if I want to put the roof glass on the car or just stick with flush mount glass. What do you guys think?

I taped off the lines to get an idea of what it would look like.

Darreld
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That glass roof would be awesome. How hard is it to make glass that shape?

Glass all the way!!!!
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

The glass is nice for appearance, but how much structural rigidity is sacrificed? After all this is being made for the twisty's.

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com