Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: Australia
      Don't lose heart. It is an awesome project. Making something as unique as this takes time but will be worth it.

1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

Country Flag: United States

1968 Volvo project Pure Volvocity

I had a conversation with my body guy last week about wanting to take the car to another shop so it will progress at a faster pace. He asked for anther chance and has really picked up the pace. He finished the hood and has the new buckets for the tail lights built and ready to mold in. I am really pleased with the progress he is making now.

What tail lights are those?
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

They are from the first generation Lotus Eclipse. Aftermarket LED versions I picked up from http://www.eliseparts.com/.

Those are the ones. The S2 lights have a larger diameter.

Are you thinking about them for a project or curious?

Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      Those are the ones. The S2 lights have a larger diameter.

Are you thinking about them for a project or curious?
      Sort of both, I'm not sure they would "work" on a Mustang though. And they're a little pricey
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

The light turned out terrific! I couldn't be more pleased with the results. It is almost identical to the VOX rendering except the inside light is slightly smaller on the rendering.

Here is a picture of the rendering.

Looks better than the rendering!
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

Quote Originally Posted by Godbolt View Post
      Looks better than the rendering!
      Agreed!

I have been making progress on the suspension modifications. I changed the springs to PAC Racing Springs but 1" shorter to allow for more ride height adjustment. The orange color isn't my favorite but they will work.

I changed out my lower control arms for a newer version that has additional reinforcements. They were provided to my by Mad Volvo who too over the production and sales for Sweedish Ops. They are really nice and the finish was a perfect match. ?

I also installed the front splined away bar. That took a little planning since the sway bar bushing has quite a bit larger spacing between the bolts. I mounted the bushing to a piece of flat stock with a nut welded to the cack side of the steel where the back hole is attached. The front hole is mounted where the factory mount is bolted to. For the back mounting point I used an existing factory hole and installed a Rivnut.. This way I can go back to a factory bar style setup it if I want.

The arms for the sway bar was kind of fun. I ended up buying some pretty nice end links from Total Control Products that utilize heim joints and are rebuildable. The have a stud that comes off at a 90* angle that attaches to the arms. I had to cut the arms down and then tap them to accept the studs. Looks really clean and should work great. I still need to shorten or buy shorter bolts for the suspension crossmember mount. It looks like they may rub on the arm if I don't.

I also moved the upper link bar mounting pint to the inside of the frame rail. I picked up some brackets from Mad Volvo Performance. I had to cut some of the floor under the rear seat and still need to make that look pretty. I also picked up a revised upper shock bar that adjusts the shocks to a slightly different position and is less bulky than the original Sweedish Ops design.

I still need to mount the rear end back in the car but it is getting close to done with the suspension for now. I do plan on getting rid of the QA1 shocks for a set of JRI's. I am not sure if I will go with triple adjustable a or stick to singles. One last item, My wider wheels should be done this week. Once I get them mounted I will give the car back to the body shop so they can work their magic.

Here are a couple pictures of the rear suspension bar and brackets installed. And welded in place. The entire piece is removable for service if needed. Now it needs a little paint!

Darreld
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think your 'equal' sized tail lights look much better than the rendering! They remind me of a Ferrari. ...or a Lotus. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post

The light turned out terrific! I couldn't be more pleased with the results. It is almost identical to the VOX rendering except the inside light is slightly smaller on the rendering.

Great project and I can't wait to see the outcome. Those taillights are really nice and for a moment there I was wondering what they'd look like on my Mustang...

nice done so far

Looking good!

Great project. I have been gathering parts to build a 70 MGB. Just too many projects right now. Love the taillights.

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Quote Originally Posted by gcallahan View Post
      Great project. I have been gathering parts to build a 70 MGB. Just too many projects right now. Love the taillights.

Be sure to cross post on the MGExperience and British V8 websites, please. Not enough pro-touring MG's- i'm working on an MGC myself (Keeping the green monster MGC six cylinder in it (EFI thru 3 SU carb throttle bodies)), but big brakes, Kore 3 hubs, quick steering, 4 link, etc.

Vert- Sorry for the thread hijack, the tail lights are... hell, the whole car is bitchin'
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Thanks guys.

I got the new wheels in and tires mounted. The prancing moose center caps set them off nicely.

When I was welding the brackets on the housing to move the link bars to the inside I had a little problem. I must have warped them and now the housing is leaking gear oil. I think I am just going to get a new housing and call this a learning experience. A 9" is now on the way as well as a new Dutchman 3rd member with truetrac.

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com