Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I have taken the car apart again and it is ready for the body shop. I was supposed to take it to him in June but he was still working on some long-term projects. They should be done in the next week so I hope to take the car down next week. I can't wait to get the body work started! I hope to have it home by the end of the year but that may be a little optimistic due to the amount of work there is to do. With a little luck I will be enjoying the car this time next year. That may be be optimistic as well given I will be doing the reassembly and it will still need to go to the upholstery shop which will take another month or so.

Officially off to the next phase of the build and likely the most noticeable part.

Congrats! Looking good.
      Phillip
      64 Studebaker Daytona Twin Turbo- http://bit.ly/1SgxQ0g
      65 Cutlass F-85 - http://bit.ly/1W4lJm4

Country Flag: Jamaica
      Can't wait for more updates!
      89 Volvo 244- Daily Driver Mazda 2.3 turbo engine with 5R55E trans
      75 Volvo 242- Tubbed round tube chassis car, 2JZ with 4L80E

1968 Volvo project Pure Volvocity

I can't wait either. LOL! I am waiting for the body shop to start working on it. They tell me in the next week or so the transformation will begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtheonlyreal1 View Post
      Finally decided to come over where builds like this are appreciated, rather than Purist rants about Volvo abuse? LOL
      I'm a huge Volvo nut, and all I can say is what a build! These cars were made for a PT build.

Just found the thread, definitely following. I'm looking for a 240 wagon to do a daily driver/PT build.

Since the car is at the body shop I haven't been able to do much. I did paint the engine and the transmission the same red as the Wilwood calipers. I figured it would act as a nice accent and tied and other areas. I sprayed down some epoxy primer first followed by urethane.

There isn't much to update at this time. I am still waiting for the body shop to START working on the car. We have a lot of time before the agreed upon completion date (next year this time). I have placed a deposit for the interior to be done. I am going to ship the car off the The Recovery Room in Nebraska when the time comes. It looks like I am on a completion date of March 2016. It is a long time away but I want to make sure it is done right the first time around. I hate doing things twice. That is when it gets real expensive real fast.

Recoveryroominteriors.com

Country Flag: Jamaica
      Looks amazing so far!
      89 Volvo 244- Daily Driver Mazda 2.3 turbo engine with 5R55E trans
      75 Volvo 242- Tubbed round tube chassis car, 2JZ with 4L80E

Looks great! I love the red engine; it's just like the original B18 color! Lol. I've painted mine a similar red.

I'm starting to see some progress on my bodywork. It started at the rear of the car to do repairs and modifications. It looks like the planet this point is to widen the rear sheet-metal by approximately 4 to 5 inches. That should give us A closer look to the rendering of the VOX rendering. The fins will be reduced in size while the quarter panel is having the taper from the wheel well to the rear valanced reduced.

We are currently evaluating our options for a rear diffuser and it looks like I will need to make custom taillights to get the look I want. There is not much to see at this point but it's a start and you can see the general idea of where we're going.

Here is the rendering rear.

Name:  12 11 14 rendering 2.jpg
Views: 3328
Size:  10.4 KB
      Name:  12 11 14 rendering.jpg
Views: 3398
Size:  11.8 KB

Here is where we are now.

Name:  12 11 14 3.jpg
Views: 3483
Size:  237.2 KB
      Name:  12 11 14 2.jpg
Views: 3422
Size:  257.4 KB
      Name:  12 11 14 1.jpg
Views: 3393
Size:  226.3 KB

Nice work keep it up !!!!

in for an update...

Having swapped in a basic chevy 350 and t5 to a 240 wagon, I have a real appreciation for this kind of work.
      The P1800 poses a new set of challenges and your work thus far is inspiring!
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks guys.

I have a minor update on the car. I did some measuring and it looks like the rear will be about 6" wider than stock. This will make it the same width as the front (outside of headlights) and 5" narrower than at the doors. It will still retain general flow of the car but will be closer to the Vox renderings visually.

When I first ordered my wheels I was a little conservative and could have gone with a larger backspacing on the rear. It has driven me crazy and this past few weeks I narrowed the 8.8 Ford to fit the way I want. In the process I converted the rear end to have 9" ford ends thus eliminating the C-clip axles. I think the fixed caliper Wilwood brakes will work better and I feel a whole lot better with that setup. The narrowing really wasn't that hard to do. I purchased a jig on Ebay and went to town. I forgot to take any picutes but it looks about the same as it did before. The tires fit right inside the fenders now and will reduce any kind of flare that may have been needed. Now a simple fender lip like stock will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by schwartzmesser View Post
      in for an update...

Having swapped in a basic chevy 350 and t5 to a 240 wagon, I have a real appreciation for this kind of work.
      The P1800 poses a new set of challenges and your work thus far is inspiring!
      Not to jack the thread, but do you have any build thread for that 240 schwartzmesser?

Another great project! first the mustang and this? want to adopt a son?
      1967 Cougar XR7, DSE, Sbf, TKO600. PM me about wheel tool rental

sorry, i really don't. I did have a blog going for about 2 months, but staying updated with progress has never been my strong suit... ...maybe I should start a retroactive thread...

Sorry, I don't have a build thread. I tried blogging about it, but staying up to date with progress just isn't my strong suit. ...maybe I should do a retroactive build-thread...
      Quote Originally Posted by brawls43 View Post
      Not to jack the thread, but do you have any build thread for that 240 schwartzmesser?

Quote Originally Posted by schwartzmesser View Post
      .......maybe I should do a retroactive build-thread...
      Yes...Yes you should.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com