Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41
      Country Flag: United States
      I ordered one like the adapter in your link but it was 1/2' to 1/2" and it wouldn't clear so I have ordered a 1/2" male to 3/8" swivel and it should arrive in the by Monday. I hope it will clear. It will be close.

Darreld, or anyone else for that matter...

I want to use a different loom on my Holley EFI harness. I believe Holley uses the TechFlex F6 split loom, or something very similar. What I am looking for is maybe a tighter weave split loom that is softer, more like a canvas feel. I have looked through the TechFlex website many times, but it is hard to know which loom has the feel that I am looking for. Anyone have an opinions or options?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 2.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post

I want to use a different loom on my Holley EFI harness. I believe Holley uses the TechFlex F6 split loom, or something very similar. What I am looking for is maybe a tighter weave split loom that is softer, more like a canvas feel. I have looked through the TechFlex website many times, but it is hard to know which loom has the feel that I am looking for. Anyone have an opinions or options?

Andrew
      When I called them about what product to use the saleswoman offered to send me samples of whatever I wanted. They will send you about a foot of whatever size and style you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post

Andrew
      The Painless ClassicBraid may be close to what you're after. I've used it, and it has a more "clothy" feel to it. The Techflex F6 woven looks to be very similar.
      Nick
      '72 Monte Carlo
      Build Thread

I received my samples in from TechFlex. I ordered some Insultherm and Insultherm Tru-Fit. The product will go on my spark plug wires. I ended up going with the Tru-Fit. It was a little smoother looking and slightly easier to work with. I ordered the 0 gauge which should expand over my wires and have a little extra capacity. The sample I ordered was for 3/8" and was a little loose fitting. The plug wire diameter was .32" so slight smaller than 3/8". I believe they will help protect the plug wires up to 1,200 degrees. I ordered some more shrink wrap to seal up the ends of the wrap and make a clean look.
      https://www.techflex.com/high-temper...ltherm-tru-fit

The last couple weeks have all been about wiring, wiring and more wiring. I have most of the basic systems in place now and am connecting the different systems together. There is a lot of CAN connections that I really don't understand so my tuner/chassis guy will help me with the final connections. The engine Harness for the Haltech will need to be shortened quite a bit in order to look tidy in the engine compartment. Some wires are about 2 feet too long.

During part of the wiring I decided to move away from a Taylor battery disconnect switch in favor for a remote battery disconnect that will provide a little theft deterrent as well. I went with a Cartek piece that is pretty cool. A simple push of a button can disable the entire car but leave some circuits open like an alarm. It is not the most cost efficient piece of equipment but I was how it was working on a Lamborghini last week and was impress with it. So simple to install and effective. https://www.cartekmotorsport.com/battery-isolators/

I hope to have all the wiring done in the next 2-3 weeks. I figure there is still another 40 hours to go there, maybe less if I stop coming up with items to add on. LOL!

I will soon be waiting for the body guy to come over to my house. I will need him to fit the hood and install the hood hinges before I can put in the radiator for the last time. Once the hinges are on the hood can be removed until it is ready to go on for the final time. This car is like a lego kit. This has to be done before this and then on to the next component that must be installed. If one step is missed then you go back to the beginning and start over. Really slows down the final assembly but the final assembly will be super clean.

Excellent, looking forward to seeing the outcome!

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41