Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register



    Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast
    Results 541 to 560 of 859
    1. #541
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Location
      Oregon
      Posts
      201
      I work At Abra autobody in Salem as a collision tech but do custom work at home nights and weekends.



    2. #542
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      Kennewick, WA
      Posts
      256
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      It would be fun to semi assemble the car and take it for a quick spin! I am not sure I want to invest the time to finalize some of the systems now. I want to get this thing in color so that I can get it done. It sure would get a lot of attention driving around with no windows though!
      I don't think the lack of windows will be what gets you the looks! All the mods tastefully modernize the car, I think the average Joe that doesn't know the P1800 will be shocked to find out the year of the car.


    3. #543
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      628
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by RMMiller View Post
      I don't think the lack of windows will be what gets you the looks! All the mods tastefully modernize the car, I think the average Joe that doesn't know the P1800 will be shocked to find out the year of the car.
      I havenít thought of that aspect yet. I might have some fun with a guessing game when it is done. It will look even more modern when the flush mount glass get in there.

    4. #544
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      Kennewick, WA
      Posts
      256
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      I haven’t thought of that aspect yet. I might have some fun with a guessing game when it is done. It will look even more modern when the flush mount glass get in there.
      It would be interesting to see what people guess. All the mods work so well with the body style and really cleans the original car up.


    5. #545
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      2,310
      Country Flag: Canada
      Just tell then it's a 2020 P1800.
      I wonder how many would go to the dealer looking for one LOL.

      Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

    6. #546
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      752
      Country Flag: United States
      I work at a Volvo dealer..... If anybody comes in looking for one of those, I'm coming RIGHT. BACK. HERE.

    7. #547
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Location
      Irvine, CA
      Posts
      7
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      It would be fun to semi assemble the car and take it for a quick spin! I am not sure I want to invest the time to finalize some of the systems now. I want to get this thing in color so that I can get it done. It sure would get a lot of attention driving around with no windows though!

      So what kind of windows are you planning on using? I'm using laminated windows out of a Durango that I still need to modify for the correct fit. I was looking in to producing one piece units for these.

    8. #548
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      628
      Country Flag: United States
      My plan is a similar type of plan for my door glass. My glass guy feels that a Ford laminated glass will work but it still needs to be cut down to fit. He has not done that yet so I can't give you a definitive direction I am going. I hope to know more about the glass fitment in the next couple months.

      The quarter window glass will be from a Miata windshield and the front and rear glass will be flush mount. I am currently working with 2 different companies on that and neither on has been able to deliver that as of now. I have been working on that for over 2 years from one of the companies and 23 months with the other. I hope that comes together soon.

    9. #549
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Location
      Irvine, CA
      Posts
      7
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      My plan is a similar type of plan for my door glass. My glass guy feels that a Ford laminated glass will work but it still needs to be cut down to fit. He has not done that yet so I can't give you a definitive direction I am going. I hope to know more about the glass fitment in the next couple months.

      The quarter window glass will be from a Miata windshield and the front and rear glass will be flush mount. I am currently working with 2 different companies on that and neither on has been able to deliver that as of now. I have been working on that for over 2 years from one of the companies and 23 months with the other. I hope that comes together soon.
      I might be interested in going in on the flush mount front and rear....if they ever come through. I was thinking the same route a few years back, but things fell through. Might make it more interesting if they have a small group buy.

      The cutting of the laminated glass will be interesting. I bought the glass cutter to give it a shot, along with watching a lot of videos. Haven't made it quite there yet.

    10. #550
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      628
      Country Flag: United States
      For Flush mount glass you may want to call Fesler. Their number is 480-748-2000 and Michael is my contact. It is my understanding that they are about to be produced and they are just waiting for the manufacturer thanks get past some OEM items.

    11. #551
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Location
      Irvine, CA
      Posts
      7
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      For Flush mount glass you may want to call Fesler. Their number is 480-748-2000 and Michael is my contact. It is my understanding that they are about to be produced and they are just waiting for the manufacturer thanks get past some OEM items.
      Just contacted Michael. Got myself on the list!! Woohoo!!!

    12. #552
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      628
      Country Flag: United States
      That is good news. The more on the list the quicker we get our glass.

    13. #553
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Norway
      Posts
      77
      Country Flag: Norway
      28 pages of car building porn
      Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger !!

    14. #554
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      la mesa, CA
      Posts
      225
      Quote Originally Posted by Hellrace View Post
      28 pages of car building porn
      Truth!
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

    15. #555
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      Chicago suburbia
      Posts
      222
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      My plan is a similar type of plan for my door glass. My glass guy feels that a Ford laminated glass will work but it still needs to be cut down to fit. He has not done that yet so I can't give you a definitive direction I am going. I hope to know more about the glass fitment in the next couple months.

      The quarter window glass will be from a Miata windshield and the front and rear glass will be flush mount. I am currently working with 2 different companies on that and neither on has been able to deliver that as of now. I have been working on that for over 2 years from one of the companies and 23 months with the other. I hope that comes together soon.
      You could do polycarbonate (Lexan type) glass for the front and rear, and they can make all sizes and curves without worrying about breakage. However, you may or may not find the quality of the "glass" to be acceptable in your high-end build.
      http://www.proglasswindows.com/
      I was doing flush mount front and rear (and built the whole frame for this) and planned on one-piece Lexan for the sides. However, we could not reconcile the old school look of the sides with the different size and style of the fronts. My new builder said there was also no way to seal the side one piece windows against water and wind noise. So we'll go back to a standard window all around.
      '69 Charger TT Viper project - SOLD
      '65 Mustang Shelby clone project "almost done"

    16. #556
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      628
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the info on the Polycarbonate windows. I want to stay away from that option if I can. I would much rather use glass. I am concerned about how the poly will look in a few years. It would be plan "B" if needed.

      There is quite a bit of work the body shop is doing on the engine bay right now. In the past, the car was in a pretty bit accident where it pushed over the passenger side of the nose. We had it straight when it went off to get the chassis work done but when the car us cut apart for the modifications the metal went back to the previous position. We are now having to restraighten the front end and box in the radiator support. I hope they are done with the engine bay work in the next few days. Then it will be off to closing in panels inside the cabin like the area behind the back seat where the shocks now reside. Slow boring work.

      They told me that they hope to be ready to paint by late August or September. The whole project is as slow as molasses in winter, but I should be very happy when it is all done.

    17. #557
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      752
      Country Flag: United States
      Will Poly pass a state inspection?
      Here, front glass must be marked as the following: Front glass AS1, side glass AS2, and rear AS3 to pass.
      Obviously, this is irrelevant if your area doesn't do safety inspections....

    18. #558
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      628
      Country Flag: United States
      I donít have a safety inspection in Washington so I am not sure.

    19. #559
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      752
      Country Flag: United States
      Roger that.

    20. #560
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      Kennewick, WA
      Posts
      256
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      I don’t have a safety inspection in Washington so I am not sure.
      There are times I wish we did! Some of the junk you see on the road really should be in a junk yard.


    Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast