Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I love it man, one of the coolest builds around and I'm not even a fan of the 1800's!!

66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Thanks for the love guys.

I was able to make some progress this weekend on a couple items. I had to remake a transmission cooler bracket. There wasn’t sufficient space to hook up the lines to it. Retry boring stuff so no pictures there.

I was able to work out my emergency brake mount. I will be using an Estopp electric setup. I mounted it to the driveshaft tunnel and routed the cables from the rear end. The big benefit to doing it now was access to the rear end. It helps not having all the sheet metal there. LOL!

Name:  IMG_1551.jpg
Views: 2139
Size:  353.7 KBName:  IMG_1552.jpg
Views: 2090
Size:  342.9 KBName:  IMG_1557.jpg
Views: 2111
Size:  263.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_1556.jpg
Views: 2130
Size:  132.6 KB

I also started to fabricate a bracket to hold the Bosch ABS setup. It will be mounted behind the front drivers wheel. It will be bolted into the wheel well in two pieces. Rivnuts make the job pretty clean. I will post some pictures of that at it progresses.

I also was able to layout the brake and cooler lines. The little things are starting to come together but there is a ton of work to do before it goes in for paint.

Looks great!

Rivnuts are my new best friends.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I was buying them from Harbor Freight with the little hand held "gun" because I didn't use them much, and didn't know where else to source them in small quantities. Then I found them in larger quantities on Amazon for less money so I bought a better tool for them.
      I have an Astro tool for it which gives me more leverage and I use them all the time at work.

I think my tool is an Astro brand as well. I got the one that can do up to 3/8” rivnuts. I screwed up my 1/4” one yesterday by over torquing it. Now I need to find where to order a new one. I used the old fashioned way of a bold, nut and a washer to install the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      I think my tool is an Astro brand as well. I got the one that can do up to 3/8” rivnuts. I screwed up my 1/4” one yesterday by over torquing it. Now I need to find where to order a new one. I used the old fashioned way of a bold, nut and a washer to install the last one.
      https://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumat.../dp/B003TODXQW

That's the one I have.

Jay

I built the bracket for the ABS and now need to fabricate a shield to protect it. Now to spend the rest of the evening with my family.
      Name:  IMG_1560.jpg
Views: 2006
Size:  282.1 KB

My rear end and hubs are still off at the machine shop having tone rings installed. I hope to have them back in the next couple weeks.

In the meantime, I have been working on some small items. I have the Restomod heater box mounted, Accusump mounted in front of the radiator, ABS mounted under the fender, modified the firewall for more u-joint and header clearance and mounted the nozzles for the fire suppression system.

I also have the wiring layer out. There was a lot of items there. I have a Haltech ECU that needs to talk with the Bosch ABS, traction control, Compushift transmission controller and the AIM data logger. It also has to talk with the shifter and paddle shifter. Seems like a lot of moving parts and communicating parts to deal with.

I am still waiting on my Lokar electronic sport shifter to arrive. Once that shows up I will mount it and and reinstall the engine and transmission. Getting pretty close to heading back to the body shop for paint.
      Accusump mounted along with the condenser and power steering cooler.
      Name:  IMG_1644.jpg
Views: 1780
Size:  106.9 KB

The air pressure port extension for the Accusump.
      Name:  IMG_1647.jpg
Views: 1767
Size:  140.4 KB

Bosch ABS mounted
      Name:  IMG_1646.jpg
Views: 1763
Size:  123.8 KB

The powder coated fuel tank is back in.
      Name:  IMG_1645.jpg
Views: 1792
Size:  95.1 KB

Looking good
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I was having a very hard time finding a shifter that would work. There really isn’t much space between the transmission and the transmission tunnel so I had to use a cable operated shifter. Lokar has a really neat Electronic Sport shifter that will work great with my Twist Machine paddle shifter.

https://youtu.be/cyRDrQX-lGk
      Name:  IMG_1686.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  58.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_1687.jpg
Views: 1562
Size:  239.6 KB
      Name:  IMG_1688.jpg
Views: 1566
Size:  245.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_1691.jpg
Views: 1601
Size:  224.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_1692.jpg
Views: 1552
Size:  206.2 KB

Congrats on checking more things off your list. The countdown continues!

I have been working for a few years now on my Volvo 1800 project. It has been so long my rotors have surface rust. LOL! I am getting really close to paint but I wanted to add a couple items to my car before that happens. I will be using a Haltech ECU that will allow me to have traction control and a Bosch ABS setup. Both of those require me to run wheel speed sensors.

My biggest problem was to figure out a way to put on tone rings. The rear setup was easy enough. I called up Strange Engineering and ordered their Pro-Touring Floater hub kit with the optional tone rings that would allow me to run 2005-2010 Mustang sensors. I will be using the sensors from the Bosch kit instead of the ford sensors so I will have to fabricate some mounts. That shouldn’t be too bad.

The more challenging part was the front hubs. There were no provisions or options for tone rings and there isn’t much info out there with measurements for the rings. Well it turns out that the same rings from the Strange kit are almost a perfect fit. The hubs had to be machined slightly and we left a .002” pressure fit. Another mod I did was to change the hardware on the bolts for the hat to hub. Wilwood had a good alternative. I still need to safety wire the bolts but clearance is good. The wires will have to be low and tight though.

Here are a couple pictures and a link to the Strange kit.
      https://www.strangeengineering.net/p...es-brake-kits/

Name:  IMG_2093.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  237.9 KBName:  IMG_2118.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  197.5 KBName:  IMG_2095.jpg
Views: 1388
Size:  147.2 KBName:  IMG_2120.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  153.3 KB

1968 Volvo project Pure Volvocity

I finished up the Strange Engineering floater hub conversion this morning. It turned out great and now it is ready to go back in for paint. Hope to have some color on it this summer.

Name:  IMG_2152.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  270.8 KBName:  IMG_2151.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  308.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_2153.jpg
Views: 1215
Size:  468.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_2154.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  481.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_2157.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  345.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_2159.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  190.7 KB

It's so great to see it down on all fours and out in the sunshine! Does it feel like you're in the home stretch?

1968 Volvo project Pure Volvocity

To a certain agree it does feel like I’m in the homestretch. But I know there is a lot more work to be done. I’m ready to get out and drive the car! I guess it’s one step closer. Once it gets painted I think it’ll feel like I’m light years ahead of where I am now.

Just read your whole thread and very nice build! I have heard about this build in the bodyshop world and glad you are here so I can see pictures of it. You planning on running at PIR when it's done? If so I can't wait to see it in person.
      As a bodyman I really can appreciate the amount of bodywork going into your car.

Thanks for the compliment. There has been a tremendous amount of time to get to this point. It feels like it is turning a corner though.

I will take it to PIR for track days as well as to ORP. I really want to compete is some of the optima events but that is such a drive to get to any one of them. Road trip!

The bodywork was done locally at Kevin’s Restorations. Kevin and about 4 of his employees have worked in the car. It has been in and out of his shop for the past 5 years or so.

Where do you work at? Do you work on classics or is it mostly modern collision work?

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post

Name:  IMG_2159.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  190.7 KB
      Soooo, what would it take to drive it right now?
      You know, just around the block........ a few times.

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Awesome! It looks very good sitting on its own wheels. I cannot wait to see the finished car.

It would be fun to semi assemble the car and take it for a quick spin! I am not sure I want to invest the time to finalize some of the systems now. I want to get this thing in color so that I can get it done. It sure would get a lot of attention driving around with no windows though!

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com