Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Very cool. Reminds me of a shop I used to work at. We pretty much did pro-touring/restomod type work on old Fiat’s and Pininfarina based cars like Ferrari.

Thanks.

The shock mounts are going in now along with some reinforcement to the mounting point. This is going to be one tight engine compartment. Feels like we are trying to stuff 10 lbs of s$&@ into a 5 lb bucket. I am going to have to get creative with the AC compressor fittings as well as the PS return line.

The bracing will soon come out to make room for the engine.

Wonderful!!!!!

I hate to be dense, but what's the point of the bracing in the engine appointment? Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread.

Keep the car straight and square while they cut out the old crossmember to put in the new ones.

Thanks!

The mock up engine is back in the car. It looks like I will also have to modify my oil pan to clear the steering rack. The good news is I think the accessory drive setup will work just fine. The AC lines will be a bit of a challenge but doable.

Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      The mock up engine is back in the car. It looks like I will also have to modify my oil pan to clear the steering rack. The good news is I think the accessory drive setup will work just fine. The AC lines will be a bit of a challenge but doable.

That's going to look sweet.

Very impressive!

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

That's awesome...so glad you decided not to flare the body work to make it work and rather accepted the challenge of 10lbs into 5lb bucket. Great decisions on this build aesthetically, and otherwise.

Hats off to all the work that has been put into this... and from where it started! I feel you have created the body of a classic Ferrari with a modern heart/suspension/frame. You sir are going to have a bad ass machine when completed.
      Love the electric/retractable rear spoiler as well.
      69 Chevelle 1000hp turbo LS, T56 Mag, JRi coilovers, Watts/torque arm 9", 14" Wilwoods, Recaro CTSv seats, cromo cage, a/c, p/s, built by Coffey Fab Nashville, TN.
      93 RX-7 1200hp turbo LS9, T56 Mag, 8.8", 9.3@163mph + 197mph 1/2 mile

Quote Originally Posted by sikbrik View Post
      That's awesome...so glad you decided not to flare the body work to make it work and rather accepted the challenge of 10lbs into 5lb bucket. Great decisions on this build aesthetically, and otherwise.
      There is a balance between doing what you want and aesthetics. I am sure Ron Sutton wished the car was wider since he could make it handle even better but I really did not want to alter the fenders with huge flares. I feel that would have dated the car and I would have regretted the decision a few years from now.

I guess a side benefit of having to fabricate new headers is that I can make better flowing headers. We will step up from 1.5" block hugger headers to 1.75" mid length headers. It should allow the engine to flow much better and build a few more hp. We will also build the headers around the steering shaft and thus eliminating a bunch of funky u-joints to connect the dots.

The other "weak link" we will resolve in this phase of the project is to install a radiator with a larger core. We will remove the tanks from my current radiator and reweld them on the new larger core. We will increase the core size by 3" in height and retain the 24" width. That should give me a core size about 16" x 24". That has to be enough because I won't have any more space for a larger radiator. It does have a 3" core so I think I should be good. To help with the cooling of the radiator I decided to use a separate transmission and oil coolers. For those I plan on using 19 plate coolers from Derale. What do you guys think of that for a cooling setup on the car?

The changes in suspension have delayed the completion of the car by a year but it will be such a fantastic ride when it is done. I can honestly say that I have not cut one corner on this project. What I thought I liked but then changed my mind mid way through has been fixed. I hope that means when the car is done it is actually done....... maybe.

Darreld,
      You're funny! As we all know, you are NEVER done with your own project car!

I hope you're right. I'm old and don't always have a good 1st idea. Time allows you to correct that.

Hey Darrell,

Any particular reason why you put the throttle body on upside down?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Hey Darrell,

Any particular reason why you put the throttle body on upside down?

Andrew
      I think he's using a mock up motor so the throttle body upside wrong wont hurt anything. Read first line of post #447
      Ahmad B.

LOL! I was wondering if anyone would catch that. I just bolted it on there that keep crap out of my intake and the shop wanted it to check hood clearances. It has been driving me crazy every time I see the picture. I am going to have to fix it the next time I am over there. I guess I am a little OCD, like most guys in here. ��

Country Flag: France
      +1 on the no flaring thing... the result can be... how do I put this?... questionable

Name:  Volvo_1800E_72_noc_2292_4.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  94.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by NoNo View Post
      +1 on the no flaring thing... the result can be... how do I put this?... questionable

Wow, that looks like it was taken in 1980. There was a day when flares like that would have been in fashion, like flare leg pants.

All bad things must come to an end.

I agree. The flares are not a good idea on this body style.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNo View Post

I guess that would have been the easy way to get my tires to fit! The easy path is not always the best path though.

It really shows how far off the ground the front valance was. I think my front end it about 5" lower than stock. It was the hardest design change on the car. The car above looks like they bolted on a truck bumper from 70's and then threw some garage door seals on the bottom of it!

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com