Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Has anyone used these headers? 69 camaro ls swap for under $225.00

1967-1969 Camaro Firebird LS1 swap Headers Long Tube 3" Collector Ceramic Coated

1967-1969 Camaro Firebird LS1 swap Headers Long Tube 3" Collector Ceramic Coated

Add to your [URL="http://www.ebay.com/soc[/URL]
      Share on Facebook

|

[TABLE="align: right"]
      [TR]
      [TD]

]

saw the same thing myself......there has got to be a reason people pay 3-4X that amount for headers-----they all can't be that stupid rich.

I asked 2 of the 4 people selling them with no responce yet. they look like a brand name pict and all .
      They look good and sound like they are built good but been screwed by e bay sellers many times. but they might be worth chancing at $200.00

I would say Flowtech, but I'm not sure if they make an LS swap header?
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

An almost universal truth: you get what you pay for.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Look on flea bay under 69 camaro ls headers and they look like the same picts as dougs headers and look identical to the muscle rods headers.
      Could the be blemished or something?

Quote Originally Posted by parsonsj View Post
      An almost universal truth: you get what you pay for.
      What he said.....

Quote Originally Posted by chevnut55 View Post
      Look on flea bay under 69 camaro ls headers and they look like the same picts as dougs headers and look identical to the muscle rods headers.
      Could the be blemished or something?
      I think that would be a stretch
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

got a answer..but are they worth trying? I would love to talk to the 5 people who bought them and ask, but the evel empire of flea bay will not let anyone contact anyone else on flea bay.
      Thanks for your inquiry.
      "As a reliable seller, we cherish every customer we deal with. We do not intend to cheat you. The truth is that it is made in China. We are afraid that you are unfamiliar with it brand. If you feel satisfied with it, you can feel free to buy. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any other assistance. Thanks.
      Best regards"
      AND this...
      "Thank you for contacting us.
      Actually we are not sure. We are only customer service who is mainly in charge of dispute. This item is selling like hot cakes. We have many regulars now. If you feel satisfied with it, you can feel free to buy. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any other assistance. Thanks.
      Best regards"

"If you feel satisfied with it, you can feel free to buy."

They mention nothing about sending them back. Yeah, all the way back to China.

Someone may have to chance loosing $250 + shipping? to find out. If it seems too good to be true.....
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

They are $200. free shipping. trying to find someone who has used them first to get there opion about them.
      I wish i could find coated headers for under $400.00 but $600.+ is out of my price range and I need to get my ls swap going.
      I figure if I have to torch them and beat them to fit ..their only $200.00 headers.
      But I am still afraid to press the buy it button. Just looking for a good used set or sale first.

I was just going to send you a link for DynaTech Headers, but when I looked I noticed that they jumped up in price to $561 (ouch). I picked up my set for $400 and they fit perfect.

http://autoplicity.com/products/2515...gn=GSNOFITMENT
      Marc Battiste

1969 Camaro
      LY6/T56/12 Bolt

Interesting... But I agree, you get what you pay for (i.e. Spectra Gas Tanks for 1st gen LS swaps). No way these can compare to Dougs/Hooker/Dynatech and other coated mild steel headers. Mild steal/coated headers are a gamble compared to stainless anyway. Not sure I'd take a chance on these but the price does make it interesting to investigate. SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME PLEASE BUY AND PROVIDE US WITH ANY INPUT, lol.... I think there are some places in the conversion where you should wait until you have the funds and purchase quality items (that is why I don't have headers, oil pan or fuel tank yet, lol....). I hope someone proves me wrong on these headers cuz that would save us all a lot of bucks.

Screw it,E bay sucks!!! starying away from anything new sold on that internet flea market.
      just bought a set of dynatechs from speedway for just over $400.00 just in my budget. but I still see no reson any header should cost over $600.00 unless they are gold plated ,self installing works of art.

I was thinking of the Chinese $200......kewl thing about the post above is a am only a few miles away from Speedway.....drive right there and just pick stuff up. Might have to really think about the dynatechs now.

I will probably give these a shot. You can return them plus 20% restocking fee. LAME. I know im bumping a old thread. They said it should clear. From Sean at speed engineering: "They fit very well. They are designed specifically for the 1967-69 Camaro with the rear mounted steering rack. We have yet to hear of anyone having fitment issues with them at all.We know they fit the factory sub-frame etc. If they are not going to work with your setup, your more than welcome to return them so long as there are no scratches/bolt marks etc. Shipping would be paid by the buyer, and a 20% restocking fee would apply. "

I installed these on my 1969 Camaro a couple of years back and I have had zero issues.

Figment was exactly like my old set of dougs headers. Like eeeily similar. These may be a tiny. It closer to the floor. Enough so that if you tried to use 3bolt flanges, there would probably be clearance issues with the floor board. I actually prefer that since my car is really dang low. I like slip fitting and sheet metal clamps anyway.

I have my engine set back to the usual "far back" spot and use an F body oil pan on my lap

I'm not saying don't buy the brand. Ames, but for me, these took a giant chunk out of the budget and have really done me well.

I'm posting this because I started looking for a fresh pair for my 67 firebird project and came across this thread.

Sorry for the spelling. I'm on a phone and cannot see what I'm typing.

Bumping this up. Looking for feedback on speed engineering headers for 69 camaro install. Fit and ground clearance. If youve installed these can you share your install components, mount plates, pan, steering.

https://www.speed-engineering.com/ls...6-engines.html

Build plan is 6.0 gen 4 LY6, T56, iroc steering box and stock steering components, been referencing Pozzi's site for years. Dont have engine mounts, Pan, etc yet so Im wide open. Yes, I know about Hooker products and have looked at them in detail. Want the drivetrain low and pushed rear with adequate firewall and T56 clearance, but, cutting and welding doesnt bother me.

Comment that these fit similar to Dougs headers, heres pocs of the 2. Drivers side/steering box clearance is always an issue. Dougs runs the front 2 pipes inside, speed engr runs the front 2 pipes outside.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Country Flag: Afghanistan

Has anyone used these headers? 69 camaro ls swap for under $225.00

I have these on my 1967 Firebird with a ls only complaint is they do not line up with the hooker t56 trans crossmember cut outs but I will cut and move it over can’t complain much for

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com