Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States
      Reworked and tweaked on the exhaust from the X-Pipe back to the tail pipes last night and I think we've got everything clearanced and more secure now. Had to move the hanger behind the muffler on the driver's side about 3/4s of an inch in, twisted the part of the tailpipe that goes up over the axle to a more upright position, re-aligned the tailpipe hanger and put two 1" long welds on the X-pipe to exhaust pipe in front of the muffler connection (to help keep the tail pipe from coming loose and twisting again). Then my friend John worked his magic with the big hammer to flatten out the one part of the tailpipe that was still just a touch outside of the frame rail on the driver's side.

Passenger side was easier, it had come loose and twisted over again just like last time so we just twisted it back into place and put two 1" welds on the X-Pipe to exhaust pipe connection and snugged all of the hangers back up again.

Hopefully my welds hold and it'll all stay in place from now on.

Still need to move the rear axle back to the driver's side just a touch to center it better and hopefully then I'll only have very little rubbing on each side under extreme tire deflection situations. Next option if that continues to be a problem will be longer wheel studs and a bit larger spacer, but I hope that isn't necessary.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com