Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29

Thread: 69 GTO Build

Country Flag: United States

Depressed :(

Hey sorry for the long delay in posting up progress shots.
      Sadly I have been struggling with electrical issues.
      Not sure if anyone else has some experience that would help me get the gremlins out. I have stumped my local tuner, and I figured that this would be the best place for help.
      Here is my latest update on GTOs no run issues.
      So I did the conversion, moved cam sensor to the front and replaced timing chain cover.
      It has proper 1X cam gear, new cam sensor, I ran a separate shielded wire sub harness to avoid the extra connections with the extension.
      After all that I was successful getting rid of the Cam codes, (was still getting P0342 before new sub harness), PSI harness

But it still has the same issue, it runs for 10 seconds then dies. Engine sounds strong when running, no strange noises.
      Can not see any other fault codes showing up now.
      Keep thinking it has to be something simple. Tested Grounds, new ECM.

Fuel pressure over 65, still holds pressure when car shuts off by itself, so ignition power still there when car dies.
      Fuel = Cam 2 race fuel, 10 gallons in tank
      Removed serpentine belt just to test if the alternator was causing some interference, but same problem still.
      Just a reminder, I drove this in a parking lot running same setup 3 years ago when the car fired up for the first time.

Wondering if you guys might have any ideas?
      I know Andrew will say just replace it all with a Holley Terminator X system!

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/ls...or-relocation/

Name:  IMG_4312.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  363.0 KB
      Eric
      Building 1969 GTO - Roadster Shop chassis, LQ9 w LS3 heads and rebuild parts from TSP, Bowler prepped Magnum T56 6 spd, 3 Link Strange 9" w Speedway Floater Hubs, Wilwood 14" F - 13" R brakes, 275.18 - 345.19
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/94970-69-GTO-Build

Shim the back of the hinge where it bolts to the hood, this will suck the hood down.
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

Not Depressed now :)

Exciting news!

Turned out that the LS3 MAF sensor did not like the 411 ECM.
      Gary at PSI was nice enough to help me figure it out, so he sent me a LS2 MAF that would have been used with that ECM and it fired up and fixed the issue.

I was able to drive it and actually get my state inspection sticker last week.
      Getting ready to drop off the GTO at the dyno shop today. A little nervous, it will be around a 20 mile trip with some highways along the way.
      I am mostly nervous about all the bad drivers we seem to have now!
      It is insured but how does everyone else feel when driving your cars that you have dumped so much time and effort into?
      I suppose it gets easier the more you drive them?

As far as the body with the final fit and finish on hood etc. I was planning on tackling that this winter.
      So many little things to do.

Name:  IMG_6166.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  612.3 KBName:  IMG_6163.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  382.1 KB
      Eric
      Building 1969 GTO - Roadster Shop chassis, LQ9 w LS3 heads and rebuild parts from TSP, Bowler prepped Magnum T56 6 spd, 3 Link Strange 9" w Speedway Floater Hubs, Wilwood 14" F - 13" R brakes, 275.18 - 345.19

First Highway Drive

Made it safely to the dyno shop!
      The GTO was so fun to drive on the highway, it handles like a big go kart! No surprise!
      The Roadstershop Fast Track chassis felt amazing, very responsive and light feeling for a big car.
      The Bowler prepped T56 Magnum shifted super smooth. Wilwood manual breaks felt good, looking forward to a track day next year to really test them out.
      Was a little chilly this morning here, 34 degrees! Turned on the heat for the first time and it worked.
      The only thing that didnt work was the AC belt, it decided to jump off and self destruct about half way there.
      Other than that pit stop and a few close calls with bad drivers things went well.

Looking forward to dyno results and hope everything stays together.

Name:  IMG_6305.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  243.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_6306.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  716.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_6307.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  404.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_6309.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  316.1 KB
      Eric

HP #s

Runs on the dyno went well. At least mechanically, still have a couple gremlins to chase down in the harness.
      Lost a ground somewhere so the O2 sensors, knock and MAF sensors started acting up.
      Charlie put a safe tune on it because of that, so we ended up with 405HP at the wheel, converts to about 480HP at the crank.
      Looking forward to the next time on the dyno.
      Will most likely be swapping out things for a Holley or Haltech engine management.

Name:  IMG_6361.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  384.3 KBName:  IMG_6327.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  288.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6334.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  486.9 KBName:  IMG_6344.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  309.5 KB
      Eric

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29