Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Bb10

Country Flag: United States

Bb10

Will their be support for BlackBerry 10 when it drops early next year?

Quote Originally Posted by pharmd View Post
      Will their be support for BlackBerry 10 when it drops early next year?
      well according to the Blackberry AppWorld page it says

Required Device Software
      Tablet: 2.0.0 or higher
      BB10 Smartphone: 10.0.0.0 or higher

So it says BB10 Smartphone so guess only way to know for certain is if you have a BB10 smartphone which only one I know currently available now is the Blackberry Z10 is to go to http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=US and download the app install it and give it a go.

Windows phone would be more desirable than BB10... Blackberry is in the process of being on the auction block...

Country Flag: Canada
      Being as I live in kitchener about 10 min from waterloo....wait until things happen before deciding that their closing the doors...it's a difficult position for everyone there but nothing is happening yet...they have over 2 billion in cash and really are decideding what to do being as they gotten very full of themselves and are not basically paying for it by putting out mediocre products for a few years...hope they can turn it around

... they are sold and gone. Windows Phone 8 is the new number 3... I have had many requests for Windows Phone app dev now... Its so much easier than Android/IOS...

Country Flag: Canada
      Where the hell do you people get your info....a 4.7 billion dollar offer was made....the board of directors has approved and Yes in all likelihood the sale will go thru, now this is absolutely nowhere done...you need to realize and understand that the governments of many countries and many other major companies use the BlackBerry products. the Canadian government must approve the sale as well...in other words...many I's to dot and T's to cross. fairfax...the major player in the deal hasn't said what they're planning if and or when the sale is complete. one final note...when companies explode as fast as blackberry or previously called RIM it's almost impossible to remain sustainable. Once they realized the problems the running into...it was too late, since the current restructuring process that started 2 yrs ago things have moved somewhat in the right direction but companies of this size don't operate on 6 month or even 1 year forecasts...it's upwards of 3-5yr forecasts. hope this helps clear up some missing information.
      P.s. 1998 apple shares where 7$...and the company was all but dead...they turned things around...so has Nissan...general motors...so please don't think BlackBerry is gone....they aren't and not anytime soon.
      Ps.s. Sorry also it's much harder to write apps for BlackBerry because of the security features...from what I've been told from employees I know
      Take care
      Ryan Austin

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com