Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Your car looks really nice. It's like having two different color cars. On a cloudy day you take out the black one. On a sunny day you take out the purple one

So after waiting weeks for people to call back about doing my headliner i got tired of waiting and did it myself yesterday. Wasnt as bad as i thought. It came out alot better than i was expecting. I used 3M srpay adheasive and alot of spring clips. Took about 3 hours. Also did the sound deadning on the floors and doors.
      Attached Images Attached Images        

Hang some dingle berries from that headliner and call it good man. Resto complete!

Ya I was thinking some nice tasles all the way around. Groovey baby.

Got a few more things done. I dont like the repro cardboard package tray so i made my own. I cut a new piece out of masonite. I doubled it up to make it more rigid. Then i got a piece black vinyl as close as i can get to the rear seats and wraped it. Came out pretty good. I also stained and cleared a grant wheel that i got at E-town for $50 and painted the bottom section of the center console.

I dont want to use a rubber hose for my upper radiator. I want to use a hard tube but its not like i can go buy one so i have to make my own. I bougt a used set of headers with 1 1/2 inch tubes from e-town for $25 and going to cut them up. One pic is the way it routes the same as the rubber hose and the other pic is another way to route it so it not covering the valve cover on one side. Think im going to use the second one so it doesnt cover the motor as much. I bougt a swivel thermostat neck so it will meet up nicely. Feel free to add any opinions or cridicisom.

Got mostof the interior done minus the door panels. Still have to install door handles and side mirror. Using a B&M quicksilver shifter with he 700r4 and was able to use the stock console with minor triming. Going on vaca on sat but when i get back she should b ready for start up. Just have to measure and order wheel for it. Going with billet specialties dagger wheel. Not sure if i want full polish of black centers. Heres my liscence plate that i ordered. I couldnt get HANDBLT.

Your doing a great job. Nice work!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

I hate to bring it up again since it's not too fun to relive but as I have a two post lift I'd like to know what went wrong. How was it set wrong?

How did you get the car back on the tires?

Glad no one was hurt!
      1960 Biscayne
      Steve

It was totaly my fault. What i think what happened was i set it up on the forks raised it up to to align the body to frame. Dropped it back down on the floor to start inserting the body bolts. Once everything was lined up and started i raised it back up but i think ehen it was on the floor i might have bump into one of the forks and moved it alittle and didnt reslize it. Then i raised it back up it got up to sbout 4 feet and started to rock and then fell. All operartor error. Yes thankfully nobody got hurt.

my 67 lemans resto

So the car is pretty much all done. Bringing it to a friends transmission shop tomorrow so they can make sure i got the tv cable for the 700r4 adjusted correctly. Got a couple of moldings to put on and shes pretty much done. I was able to make the B&M quicksilver shifter fit ender the stock console. I should b able to get a video up in the next few days.

Forgot to add pics

Looking good Bobby. I like the way that the rigid radiator hose turned out. Looks clean.

my 67 lemans resto

Thanks gotyorgoat. Theres a show by me on sunday that im hoping to have it ready for

What a great color!

Congrats on getting it done for some Fall cruising.

Great job!
      1960 Biscayne
      Steve

Dude, looking good. Totaly going to steal your rigid hose idea btw... ;-)

Beautiful color. Very subtle but pops in the sun. Great choice.

Thank you guys. It's been a lot of work to get it done. Took it to get an inspection yesterday and ran into a few problems. Car is running hot I think the problem is that I have ad in it now and the condenser isn't letting enough air to the radiator and my electric fan isn't strong enough. So I just ordered a mark vlll fan and relay kit. Hopefully that will solve my problem. And also I have a brand new pro form mini starter that get heat soak and doesn't want to work when car gets hot and I just passed the 30 day warranty. So I wrapped some of my headers and wrapped the starter with header wrap and reflecting heat tape if this doesn't work I'm going to b pissed if I just spent $200 on a starter that doesn't work. Once I get those two problems solved I should be good to go. Lucky13 I bought an old set of long tube headers that are 1 1/2" in diameter. The long tubes have lots of bends so you can cut them up and have enough to get any configuration you want. I like reading your threads also. I also have a 68 firebird that's next on the chopping block.

I'm running the xstorque power master. No problems so far. Try running a pusher and a puller for better cooling. If you paid with a credit card you may have a few more options. Most of the time they increase your warranty coverage.

my 67 lemans resto

Sean i wanted to return the proform to summit and exchange it for the powermaster. I might call proform directly and see if they would do anything. Today im going to go for a short ride and see if my wrappings helped at all

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com