Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Procharger i-1, "Programmable Ratio Supercharger"

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/procharger...-supercharger/

Interesting, basically a Procharger with a CVT transmission attached to it. Discuss...

Country Flag: United States
      Cool idea. Would be interesting to play with

Quote Originally Posted by IMPALAMAN1 View Post
      Cool idea. Would be interesting to play with
      Its an awesome idea, though I'm not a huge fan of the bulky setup which looks to take up alot of room under the hood. The adjustable ratios make sense, but I'm very curious what the effective "step-up" ratio is out of the hole as they mention boost lag being virtually eliminated. Having used one of their units in the past, the lag seemed worse than a turbo and I was running 10-12 lbs, not seeing much on the positive side till nearly 3K RPM, though I know their newer head units are substantially better.

The low boost down low is actually a benefit when you are dealing with high hp combinations. (1000 - 2000hp). The variable ratios' benefits come into play on lower power set ups that need all they can get.....sooner!

I don't mean to be a negative nelly here but it seems as if it is another thing to break.
      Holley HP EFI, Procharged D1SC, 383 Dart Little M block and forged internals. 15.5 psi on E85! Chromoly Fab 9 rear end with Strange Pro Iron center diff, 3.89's and a Chomoly 4 point roll bar. Yes, its still a 4 speed car!

If Prochargers engineers are looking for projects I'd say different mounting solutions would be nice. For example, I could barely fit my D1 in my car. I'd like a bigger blower but not sure I want to notch my nicely painted fender. More compact solutions would be nice. Hint hint... Or maybe brackets for particular applications like C3's to fit F1R's! Okay I'm dreaming just a little bit I guess.
      Holley HP EFI, Procharged D1SC, 383 Dart Little M block and forged internals. 15.5 psi on E85! Chromoly Fab 9 rear end with Strange Pro Iron center diff, 3.89's and a Chomoly 4 point roll bar. Yes, its still a 4 speed car!

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Supervette View Post
      I don't mean to be a negative nelly here but it seems as if it is another thing to break.
      Snowmobiles have been using the CVT pulley system since the '60s so if Pro-Charger has done their homework they should be very reliable. You just need to keep in mind that the belt should be considered a consumable part. My biggest concern would be how difficult it is to change the belt.

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

It's a cool concept, I just didn't like the looks of having a transfercase mounted under the hood,

man there expensive for a kit and there arent too many applications yet but the camaro and mustang as of now... Pretty sweet stuff tho I just got the books for them in the mail so there released. I personally have always liked the procharger the power delivery is so smooth and much easier to hook compared to a twinscrew and dosent seem to be laggy like a turbo... imo but this thing is sweet I maybe puttin one on a car for sema show. A new 5.0L mustang but we need to sell the Hellion Eliminator kit for that to happen. Kinda steppin down but still will be nice to give one a shot....

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com