Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Im painting the it the factory Sterling Silver and putting the factory black and red bird, as well as putting the 76 bumpers.. No real custom stuff.. I like my cars very simple....We did strip the bottom down.. the upper car, alot of stripping there... Im painting under the hood, the inner fenders, all that will be stripped to bare metal. The main body, the paint is some thin, it wont take much to strip it.. The painter is handling all that...

Quote Originally Posted by Daren View Post
      I'm diggin the build.

What color are you going to paint the car? I'm partial to dark hues on 74/75s myself. Subdues the appearance of the bumpers. I was seriously considering picking up a 75 at one time. Dark metallic blue with a flat black hood bird, wheel spokes, window trim and brushed lips and headlight bezels is how I indented to build.

Have any plans for custom work? I've always thought removing the rear bumperetts on these cars and having the exhaust exit in their place would be cool.

Wheels remind me of Momo Revenge but in a 2pc construction. Good snowflake analog.

EDIT: How and how much did it cost to take the body down to bare metal?

First off, way cool build thread. It's neat for us following so we only follow for 90 days instead of years like some builds take.

Second, Those are NEWGEN wheels lol I kept reading Nextgen and thought who makes those?

Good news though....Jon is still around and building NewGen's. Driverz Inc is no more but NewGen is still alive and well. I actually had lunch with Jon about a month ago. He is in the middle of building a website, www.newgenwheels.com but mainly uses facebook. www.facebook.com/newgen-wheels I believe. He just came out with a few new bad ass wheel designs too!

Hope that helps somebody still wanting his wheels! I have the Descendants on my Chevelle:

Tim King
      [email protected]

Specializing in Camaro, Chevelle, Mustang and Volkswagen interiors.

www.tmiproducts.com

Our 66 Chevelle Build Thread:
      http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285211

Ahhh oh yeah, newgen, I couldn't remember...I clicked both links neither work.. Yeah, Jon might have a tuff time on this site with getting a foot hold again..

Yeah, The car is on track, Im a Program Manager by trade, so keeping things on schedule are alittle easy...Plus I had all the cash saved for a big bang approach and by the way awesome Chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      Ahhh oh yeah, newgen, I couldn't remember...I clicked both links neither work.. Yeah, Jon might have a tuff time on this site with getting a foot hold again..

Yeah, The car is on track, Im a Program Manager by trade, so keeping things on schedule are alittle easy...Plus I had all the cash saved for a big bang approach and by the way awesome Chevelle
      The first link worked but the second doesn't work. I think you can link to his facebook page through the site though.

That's definitely a cool way to approach things! I'm a Sales Rep by trade....my schedule is usually a to do list and just lists "Everything" haha. I do make lots of lists of things to do with the Chevelle though. There's always so many details to restoring a car and its hard to remember if you adjusted this, tightened that, filled the fluid, etc. And thanks for the compliments on the Chevelle.
      Tim King
      [email protected]

Specializing in Camaro, Chevelle, Mustang and Volkswagen interiors.

www.tmiproducts.com

Our 66 Chevelle Build Thread:
      http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285211

Got the car back with the firewall painted, looks beautiful.. I dropped the motor and tranny in and put the mirrors on... it goes back to paint Thursday so they can finish by the 22nd of dec, they already have the fenders inner fenders, hood and stuff, and are working on that as we speak..I'm 41 days into the build.. I'm pretty close to where I thought I would be.. The heavy rain here in nor cal hurt me.. The car was suppose to be back at painter Monday..

car is looking good... made good progress for 40days!... going carb'd with the motor? what color are you thinking about?
      -Bennyhaha

What are the mirrors off of?

also... what are you doing drive shaft wise?...
      -Bennyhaha

I have a drive shaft being built here locally, and the firewall is the color, its Stock GM sterling silver..

Quote Originally Posted by LUV2XLR8 View Post
      also... what are you doing drive shaft wise?...

They are off a C5 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 1977TRANSAM View Post
      What are the mirrors off of?

I need my fix. LOL Where are we at?

OK.. I went to painter today.. as I feared paint is my Achilles heal.. Im not rushing them, I want a good job, but I stopped by and looked at my GTO and my Trans am..The body on both is lazer straight.. Im pretty happy here are some pics..

and the GTO just for lack of other updates..

Damn good luck on the 90 days hope ya make it.... How hard were those mirror to mount?

Quote Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
      Damn good luck on the 90 days hope ya make it.... How hard were those mirror to mount?

I'd like to know too...nice build sir!
      Leon Reed
      1978 Trans Am
      LS1/4L60E

my build..updated 11-21-13 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...8-TA-LS1-build

Country Flag: Canada
      What kind of work was it to put the c5 mirrors on....I'm thinking about putting them on my Chevelle

The mirrors were fairly easy..Its my second set, I did a pair on my 73 Z28.

I just picked up a RX7 mirror to see how that fits..

Nice looking ride !So far along in a short time doesn't it feel great? I'm attempting the same thing with a 68 Camaro only I'm doing paint myself too,man what a challenge lol. I'm really liking the fact your running a carb on an LS motor I wanna go that route with mine but I'm 'NOT' sure exactly how to do the build on the motor so I'm watching how you do yours. so give us lots of details on it please... thanks car really does look pretty fantastic so far! wish i lived closer I'd love to give you a hand with your build

No updates, I dont get either car back till the 15th.. but at least I started working on my 68 Bird, 408 stroker/t56, ridetech 4 link, unisteer rack&pinion, global west control arms, 6 piston wilwoods front and 4p back.. 245/35/18 front 345/25/18 rear Budniks.. So far every part has benn bought used from flee bay/craigslist and here.. a true budget build, the only thing I had to really pay for full price was the rear end, had axle housing narrowed and custom axles. Im building this for the hotrod power tour, I already powder coated the front subframe, did the DSE firewall filler.. I got the car with a full media blast, and under coated and mini tubbed (though I had to move it a little to clear the 345's)

Got any pics of the trunk on what you had to do to get the tubs to clear the 345's?
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

I followed the DSE online video. It already had a mini tub for 315 tires, so I had to cut the old out, and notch the frame..Im planning on taking it to a place called RAS-CO here locally and have them tin it out.. I will take some pics later this week..

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com