Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Pontiac blue.

1973 Hurst Edition Pontiac Grand Am: 430 CI of ERL built LS7, Tremec Magnum T-56 6-speed, Global West / Speedtech Suspension, Custom rear coil-over suspension, QA1 double adjustable shocks, Wilwood 6/4 piston disc brakes, Modulare C1 19" concave wheels. Shooting for 625 HP and 20 MPG!

OK weekend update.. I got alot of parts in.. Motor is back, I ordered the Bandit(yearone) dash and got the autometer guages.. I ordered from Mattsclassicbowtie the vintage air set up.. I ran into a snag, the powder coat didnt come back on friday, will be done tuesday, so we just moved into the interior... Started stripping it.. not to bad..all the glass is out, cleaning and prepping for paint, got the rear end done.. all new bearing, axles, brakes, seals.. Making good progress

Well, I got the powder coating back.. The underneath is done, We are putting car back to a roller this weekend..

OK, great weekend update..The car is a roller again and Im on track for dropping it off to paint next week. I put the newly powder coated front subframe, added the global west upper and lower control arms, Hotchkis springs, the Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, the new AGR steering box, the DSE subframe body mounts, the BRP tranny and motor mounts and a all new steering components. The rear was pretty quick, I mounted the Hotchkis rear leafs and newly powder coated leafspring buckets. The bottom is great.. all primed, sealed and ready.. I also added the 19/20 inch nextgen (no defunct driversinc) wheels

Here are the new pics...

Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      OK, great weekend update..The car is a roller again and Im on track for dropping it off to paint next week. I put the newly powder coated front subframe, added the global west upper and lower control arms, Hotchkis springs, the Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, the new AGR steering box, the DSE subframe body mounts, the BRP tranny and motor mounts and a all new steering components. The was pretty quick, I mounted the Hotchkis rear leafs and newly powder coated leafspring buckets. The bottom is great.. all primed, sealed and ready.. I also added the 19/20 inch wheels

Which wheels are those?

The now defunct driversinc NewGen wheels... I think only 3 or 4 copies we made.. Great wheels.. look really nice

I wanted to do a set of those too. I hate DriverzInc folded and the way it went down too. The Anarchy is a killer design. The Rushforth Overkill looks nice too.
      Stephen

I have bought 3 sets of rushforths..love them.. I was lucky to get the Nextgens.. I heard I was one of the last ones to get anything from Driverzinc.. I loved working with Jon, kinds sucks how it ended.. I now go to mattsclassicbowtie...

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      I wanted to do a set of those too. I hate DriverzInc folded and the way it went down too. The Anarchy is a killer design. The Rushforth Overkill looks nice too.

Those wheels look awesome! That is some great progress.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

I dropped it off at paint Saturday.. He is going to paint the firewall area and give it back to me Friday or Saturday, Im going to bring it home next Saturday, and drop motor in it so he can finish paint, and drop it back off Nexy Monday morning.. He will have a painted car back to me on Dec 22nd.. which works out great.. I am off from 22nd dec till Jan 2nd,( our company shuts down and gives us the time off for free)

Who are you using to paint it? I'm getting ready to start a new project and want a quick turn driver paint job...No show quality needed.
      1969 Chevelle
      www.creationsultd.com

He's a local guy named Christian... He painted a buddies 1955 Chevy and it was a wreck and it came out Beautiful..he is doing my 66 GTO and now this... He has a lot of old school cars In there..he is in union city.

Country Flag: Australia
      Nice work! Maybe I missed it along the way, but are you fitting subframe connectors? They really stiffened up my 71...good things. I run PTFB ones.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

how did you mock up your trans mount? did u put the engine and trans in then mark your mounting holes?
      -Bennyhaha

Yep... Its a pain in the ass, but we mounted Motor and tranny, put in car, mounted trans mount and made marks for shifter hole(I havent cut yet)

Quote Originally Posted by LUV2XLR8 View Post
      how did you mock up your trans mount? did u put the engine and trans in then mark your mounting holes?

I hadnt added any yet, I do have a set of Heidts sub frame connectors I plan on dropping on..

Quote Originally Posted by LeighP View Post
      Nice work! Maybe I missed it along the way, but are you fitting subframe connectors? They really stiffened up my 71...good things. I run PTFB ones.

Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      He's a local guy named Christian... He painted a buddies 1955 Chevy and it was a wreck and it came out Beautiful..he is doing my 66 GTO and now this... He has a lot of old school cars In there..he is in union city.
      Ballpark cost? My last car was painted at Maaco in Fremont lol
      1969 Chevelle
      www.creationsultd.com

I'm diggin the build.

What color are you going to paint the car? I'm partial to dark hues on 74/75s myself. Subdues the appearance of the bumpers. I was seriously considering picking up a 75 at one time. Dark metallic blue with a flat black hood bird, wheel spokes, window trim and brushed lips and headlight bezels is how I indented to build.

Have any plans for custom work? I've always thought removing the rear bumperetts on these cars and having the exhaust exit in their place would be cool.

Wheels remind me of Momo Revenge but in a 2pc construction. Good snowflake analog.

EDIT: How and how much did it cost to take the body down to bare metal?

Nice project, and I agree to previous comments; you're an animal!
      Way to go knocking that out so fast, nice choices too.
      Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

Thanks... The painter is up now...

Quote Originally Posted by mc84_zz4 View Post
      Nice project, and I agree to previous comments; you're an animal!
      Way to go knocking that out so fast, nice choices too.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com