Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I might switch... I was thinking about that... I have single adjustables on my other 75 trans am...Im hping to have it ready for goodguys pleasanton autocross...

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      digging the parts choices, the only thing I would change are the shocks, think about running an adjustable shock from QA1 or ridetech (single adjust would be fine) it really allows you to adjust from track to daily driving

I start Tommorow, I hope I have it all stripped by Sunday afternoon.. I will take pics along the way, and have all the stuff set aside for powder coating.. I know I know.. the paint is my Achilles heal... My GTO I dropped off this week, is a 3 month paint job.. Im hoping because Im going same factory color.. I can cut to a month....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
      If that car already had a decent paint job I'd say no problem. But you've got some work cut out for you. I'm pullin' for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      I might switch... I was thinking about that... I have single adjustables on my other 75 trans am...Im hping to have it ready for goodguys pleasanton autocross...
      see you at Pleasanton, come on by and take a ride, and if you get the 75 Trans am done I want a ride in that

will do...
      Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      see you at Pleasanton, come on by and take a ride, and if you get the 75 Trans am done I want a ride in that

I have is almost stripped... I will have subframe and rear end out in the morning, and have all the stuff set aside for powder coating trip on monday..rust isnt as bad as I thought... I have a couple of small places to weld up...

Well we are making headway..My dad stripped the firewall and started tacking the DSE plate up.. The DSE plate fits great. I plan on pulling the window and stripping the dash cowl and getting ready for paint.. I have a patch I need to do in the passenger front seat this weekend as well, and than strip and prime the bottom.. My dad is killing it..He is retired, and has all day to screw around on this thing...

I will be keeping a close eye on this project. I wish you luck but like mentioned before you win either way. If you do pull this off I will feel like a complete failure on my car. LOL Three years and along ways to go.

Thanks.. I checked out you 68 bird project, i will definitely need your help on my next project I have a 1968 bird in the wings waiting on this to be completed...

I will help out in any way that I can. Again good luck. I think I would try and finish it in 91 days.

You're an animal QN...
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

Used to be known as flash911

Well rear end is done.. We power washed it, degreased it, and painted it with some nice black duplicolor, I have knew axles, bearing and seals ready to go, just need to check the posi itself.... I have knocked out the rear end of the car, and GOD was I a mess.. I never knew how dirty these things are after almost 40 years.. My Dad plans on finishing the midddle of the car and undercoat by Friday.. dry over night and start reassembly on Saturday.. I have all the parts to make it a roller... The motor is almost done... I pick up powder coating Wednesday or Thursday...My dad has a little welding to do on the filler panel and building a patch panels for the passenger floor.. I will take pics of the powder, but I had front sub-frame, bumper brackets, misc radiator brackets and some front headlight surround brackets...

Great project by the way! And we are all pulling for you. I look forward to seeing the progress, as I am doing an LSx swap too. I am going to steal the DSE block off plate idea though. Also, if you need a pair of 76 grills I have a set that need to be refinished. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      I must be the only one out there that likes the 74-76 front end.
      You are definitely not the only one out there that likes the 76 front ends!!

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Thanks.. I've been watching yours as well..How much for the grills... The DSE plate is awesome.. The is the second one I used..I got some good news, the machine shop called today.. the LQ9 is finished, they bored .30 over, new bearings and assembled.. I can pick up today.. I have 95% of all parts now.. I pick up powder coating Thursday, I called them this morning.. Im pretty much on schedule.. The paint is the main issue...Body is pretty straight, so I hope that helps with time.. I have given 5 weeks for paint..Im hoping it will be less.. The same shop is doing my 1966 GTO...

Thanks... I have only rode a total of 25 miles this whole year... I suck

Quote Originally Posted by jy211 View Post
      nice Duc btw

OHHHHh Im picking up motor, and they painted it in black and left the aluminum heads natural, should I paint the block pontiac blue/teal?? Im moving the coils to the back fire wall low.. so the motor will be pretty noticeable???Whole engine bay(firewall, inner fenders, radiator support) is going to be painted the factory silver... So it might look good either way..

The Pontiac metalic blue is nice but a black engine looks tough and hides dirt real well. LOL We need more pics.

Kevin bad ass! I totally forgot you had started on this! Let me know if you need some help!

What color are you planning to do the car and engine bay. If engine bay is black or satin black a nice blackout or Pontiac Metallic blue will make this pop. What intake are you going with?

Gui

I bought the Vic Jr w/Demon 850/MSD6010.. Im doing a carb set up on this one, my other 1975 Trans am, havent really done anything, Im waiting on the stupid harness..

Quote Originally Posted by geberhard View Post
      Kevin bad ass! I totally forgot you had started on this! Let me know if you need some help!

What color are you planning to do the car and engine bay. If engine bay is black or satin black a nice blackout or Pontiac Metallic blue will make this pop. What intake are you going with?

Gui

I like the pontiac blue personally.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com