Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

81 z28 ls pa-protour

Hey everyone,

By watching everyone's posts for over year now... i decided to post what i've been working on for the past few months... so here it is... it's a 1981 Camaro that i've had since i was 15.. i purchased the car from the original owner in 1996... when i bought it, the car only had 26k on it... as it sits now... i just cracked 30k... it was saved from the scrap yard in 2002 when i wrecked it going around a high speed curve... it smashed the the rear axle out of it bent the sub-frame, put a hole in the gas tank.. plus a lot more.. a friend of the family owns a local body shop and was the one to bring the car back to life.. as it sits now!...the car was first built to do 1/4 .. but with the recent spike in gas prices... i've decided to covert over to fuel injection and a over drive trans mission with the added perks of being able to do the twisties... So i've taken out my 350 and turbo trans.. and are in the stages of mocking up my LS motor with the 4L60 trans.. plus all of the goodies for auto-x... My thoughts for this build would be see how far i can take it with bolt on mods first... and eventually add more extreme options like a 4 link ... mini-tubs.. ect.. to see what kind of gains i would be able to achieve... ultimate goals would be to get the car to some optima events to play with the big boys.. but with anything you have to pay your dues first... So, with that said.... any of you fellow 2nd Gen's that have some tips or some equipment that you've found that works really well with the car, feel free to pass it along! Looking forward to what everyone thinks!

Thanks,

Ben
      Attached Images Attached Images  

recent activities... pulled the motor and trans ... tear down has begun

on to pulling out the rear end... leaf springs.. and gas tank... all came out pretty smooth... i was going to re-use the original leafs... but after spending 2 hours buring out the front bushings... i noticed that the bottom leafs were cracked .. so after a complete waste of time .. i purchased new performance springs with energy bushings... switched the drums over to disks... calipers on it now are only for mock up... they will be switched over to willwoods towards the end of the build... also took the gas tank out stripped and repainted it ... also it received a new sender and 0-ring

after that ... the under side got a new coat of under coating and begun to hang the new rear suspension and diff..

after i got all of that completed ... i started on the front of the car... pulling the front clip off... to strip it down ... repaint... new bushings... and to mock up the new motor and trans...

my pops swung by with his baby to help me plum the the new fuel system

Just thought i would share this... a buddy of mine swung by to help out... he took a pan-o-rama of the garage ... i thought it looked pretty sweet..

Country Flag: Australia
      That panorama shot is pretty cool.

Looks better in pieces. ;-)

Looking good. Love the color, and the wheel selection.
      1971 Camaro 427 in waiting
      1988 C1500 Daily Driver
      1955 Bel Air, blown BBC street car

thanks guys!
      -Bennyhaha

got the suspension stripped off the frame... welded up some useless holes got them re-ground down .. i tell ya what... gm "tuff" coat is a pain in the balls get off... easiest way to get it off i found was a propane torch and a scraper... makes a hell of a mess tho
      -Bennyhaha

nice looking car..... im pretty much at the same point in my subframe restore.....well i need to strip all the old stuff off....im planning on sand blasting my frame sometime this week.....
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

haha... well if you would like to swing by and finish mine for me ... that would be excellent!... you've done some pretty sweet fab work on your so far... how were the mini tubs?
      -Bennyhaha

have a question out there for you second gen-er's .... what type of front brake packages are you running out there that won't burn down the american express... looking for something reasonably price... part #'s or kit #'s would help..
      -Bennyhaha

Kore3 C5/6 hybrid kit.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Quote Originally Posted by LUV2XLR8 View Post
      haha... well if you would like to swing by and finish mine for me ... that would be excellent!... you've done some pretty sweet fab work on your so far... how were the mini tubs?
      lol sure if you come and do mine lol ......thanks glad you think so.... the tubs wasnt bad....id say if you have some fab skills you can do it....i heard that the 2nd gen camaros are easier cause you dont have to notch frame........ not sure if this is true or not but that would take alot less work
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

im going to get the car back on the road first to see how it performs with the mods that i've made... then if i need more... snip snip ..... where are you at in Ohio?
      -Bennyhaha

just pick this kit up for $250 today with 2 sets of springs.. thought it was a pretty good deal
      -Bennyhaha

i live between columbus and cincinnati..... i want some coil overs for mine but those will have to wait there turn lol.....do you have to mod frame to get them to fit

Just a strait bolt in...
      -Bennyhaha

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com