Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Project no-time

Country Flag: United States
      thanks for the tip mikey....... that will be on another project lol cause most of the rust is gone now...

keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

gonna bring the thread back from the dead with a question.......i have the g-bar setup for rear suspension.....as of right now im planning on just bolting the lower two bars to the stock spring perch pads on the axles...but the problem is i had a brain fart early in this build when i bought the wheels before i measured (remember first project)and im thinking im not going to be able to shorten the axles between the end flange on the axle and the stock mounting pad for the leafs... its looking like im going to need to shorten the axles 2" per side..so i guess my question(s) is will there be enough room between end of axle and the leaf pad to cut out 2" if not then how will i need to shorten the rear and still use the g-bar?

oh and theres been no progress on the car this winter since i have no heat in garage lol...so dont ask just kidding....this summer im sure will be another slow progress filled summer since i will be working lots of 7 day weeks..
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

You started out like me! No time! Looking good so far.

Where in Ohio are you?

buddy....i live in washington court house its between columbus and cincinnati its a small town..... you have any ideas to my problem above?? lol

anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by craigs73 View Post
      buddy....i live in washington court house its between columbus and cincinnati its a small town..... you have any ideas to my problem above?? lol
      Not sure on above. I have a G-Link myself but I cut off the stock leaf perches and welded the mounting tabs supplied with the kit. You may want to check with Alston Chassisworks and get ahold of their mounting tabs for the G-bar.

It was great taking to you today. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see it on the road.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

i know its been awhile but hey i made some more progress.....thanks steve ;) so i will let the update begin..... so as you all know im deleting the side marker lights and all body trim and badges....so heres the side marker delete....

also had a small hole in lower corner so fixed that as well.....

Progress!
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

yeah....following the name of the build.....no time.....hopefully sometime this week i can get to start on the passenger side fender...it in a little worse shape......we shall see what i come up with there.....the goal for this summer is to have it blasted and undercoated on the bottom side and back to a roller on the new suspension.... that also includes me trying to decide on what to do for the rear

oh and earlier this year i got the whole front suspension and steering tore off frame...the frame also removed...plans for that is to weld up the factory seams and paint..... the frame was solid.....

Great job and CA can make the mounting tabs so you dont have to use the leaf spring perch. Keep us updated.

ca? sorry for my dumbness lol......thanks on the complement. just plugging away little at a time

I am looking forward to us making some progress on this badboy!

Craig, you been working on it? Update?

well i havnt really done much to it lately...but i guess i do have an update since you asked....usually on this site i try and get a few things done before i update here...dont want to bore anyone to death lol..i had bhcustomsdesigns come up...he drove hour and a half to help out......so one spot on car i have been worried about tackling which was the rust around the rear windshield.well he showed me a few tricks to metal working... is he good at shaping metal he also makes custom air breathers and makes ls coil covers which are sweet.... anyways i was very surprised and relived with what i seen when we removed the window....it had only the spots that i seen.. i forgot to take pic of rust when the windshield was removed so heres a old pic with the window removed

heres pic with rust cut out

heres the patch all one peice :yes:

here she is welded in

and ground down

and with some motivation from his work i finished the rear side marker delete

Window channel and side light delete looks great! Keep at it!

um wow..... lol its been a few years since i updated on here lol...well lots has been done some plans changed lots of life changes..so i will just upload a few pics along the way and show the last ones of where i am now
      Attached Images Attached Images      

my computer is acting up so i will try and get more pics.. not sure what to use since photobucket ordeal for pictures
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Lookin Good and coming along nicely!
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Quote Originally Posted by SRD art View Post
      Lookin Good and coming along nicely!
      thanks.... im thinking about starting a page on facebook so you may see it there since were friends there....but not sure.. have one over on steves with the build from the beginning but its starting to not get much traffic over there so i may just start posing here..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com