Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

2013 Motor State Challenge -Your Feedback is Appreciated

Hello Everyone,
      We are working on confirming our date for the 2013 Motor State Challenge and are experiencing some difficulty reserving the GingerMan road course for a single Saturday event. Without going into great detail, I have been asked by the track to consider running the road course portion of our event on a Friday. In doing so, it would give us a better chance of being able to schedule the event on a “non-conflicting” weekend. With that said, I also understand that this would mean our participants have to take an additional day away from work to attend. On the flip side, we could arrange the schedule so that we would be done Saturday evening which would give everyone traveling any distance, a jump on their trip home.

Given my recent conversations with the track, I’m not sure we have a choice but to go with this scheduling change but I would appreciate your feedback. It would be very easy for me to just change our event agenda and insert a drag racing day into the mix and eliminate the road course day altogether but I don’t believe that is what everyone would want. I consider our day at GingerMan a key ingredient in the Motor State Challenge and I will do everything possible to maintain that as part of our event however, it may require us to make this alteration to our schedule in order to do so.

My plan is to confirm our date as soon as possible in order to give everyone ample time to plan their trip this summer. At this time we are looking at July 25-27 (Thursday afternoon through Saturday).

Tentative schedule of events for the 2013 MSC will be:

Check-In Thursday afternoon, facility tours, drivers meeting. Thursday night Cruise-In to Lutz’s Drive-In for a cookout and car show followed by one of our favorite car movies on the big screen at the 5-Mile Drive-In Movie Theater located just behind Lutz’s Drive-In restaurant.

Friday – Track Day at Gingerman

Saturday – Autocross at LMC/Speed-Stop Challenge/Awards Ceremony

Give me your thoughts please.
      Scott Wahlstrom
      Marketing Manager
      Motor State Distributing
      Lane Automotive
      Allstar Performance

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com