Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2013 Motor State Challenge -Your Feedback is Appreciated

Hello Everyone,
      We are working on confirming our date for the 2013 Motor State Challenge and are experiencing some difficulty reserving the GingerMan road course for a single Saturday event. Without going into great detail, I have been asked by the track to consider running the road course portion of our event on a Friday. In doing so, it would give us a better chance of being able to schedule the event on a “non-conflicting” weekend. With that said, I also understand that this would mean our participants have to take an additional day away from work to attend. On the flip side, we could arrange the schedule so that we would be done Saturday evening which would give everyone traveling any distance, a jump on their trip home.

Given my recent conversations with the track, I’m not sure we have a choice but to go with this scheduling change but I would appreciate your feedback. It would be very easy for me to just change our event agenda and insert a drag racing day into the mix and eliminate the road course day altogether but I don’t believe that is what everyone would want. I consider our day at GingerMan a key ingredient in the Motor State Challenge and I will do everything possible to maintain that as part of our event however, it may require us to make this alteration to our schedule in order to do so.

My plan is to confirm our date as soon as possible in order to give everyone ample time to plan their trip this summer. At this time we are looking at July 25-27 (Thursday afternoon through Saturday).

Tentative schedule of events for the 2013 MSC will be:

Check-In Thursday afternoon, facility tours, drivers meeting. Thursday night Cruise-In to Lutz’s Drive-In for a cookout and car show followed by one of our favorite car movies on the big screen at the 5-Mile Drive-In Movie Theater located just behind Lutz’s Drive-In restaurant.

Friday – Track Day at Gingerman

Saturday – Autocross at LMC/Speed-Stop Challenge/Awards Ceremony

Give me your thoughts please.
      Scott Wahlstrom
      Marketing Manager
      Motor State Distributing
      Lane Automotive
      Allstar Performance

Country Flag: United States
      What about 2 days the the track. Then one day day could be fun runs with teachers. And saturday is the day your time counts.
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad94 View Post
      What about 2 days the the track. Then one day day could be fun runs with teachers. And saturday is the day your time counts.
      2 days at the track would be cool, even if it raised the cost of signing up some or was an optional day. I'd be more likely to make the 900 mile each way trip if it was for 2 days on the track. (or 2-1/2 days if they still do the Thursday night thing) Also the chances of a rainout both days is less than rainout on the only big-track day.
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible project LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1972 Corvette LT1 Stock
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible

I attended this event this year.. I am making it a point to be their again! Dates are good with me..

I like it... booking rooms at Surfari Joes sould be easier also.

Great event Scott! I hope everything falls in line, so I can come again.
      Mike South
      1968 Camaro SS/RS LS1/T56
      Ride Tech Tru Turn, Ride Tech T/Q Coil-overs
      Ride Tech 4-link

How about 4 days? Cruise Thursday, Track Friday and Saturday, and autocross Sunday? Tons of fun!!!

I'm sure I'll just be a helper/backup driver again this coming year, but figured I'd throw out the idea.

Robert

So is the cruise "out" for sure? That was my attraction to get the wife to commit :-) ie scenic countryside cruise

Scott, Gingerman is the main draw for me to make the 1,000+ mile trip each way. I would love to see two days of track time. Anyway, don't take Gingerman out of the mix.
      Mike

Hi Scott, I can make the event a lot easier the way my work is scheduled if we start earlier in the week. Track time is what I come for and the autocross is just fun to do. I would go for 2 days of track time no matter which time frame it would be. If booking only saturday is causing the problem and booking both saturday and sunday would make them happy I would do both days.

So do what you have to and we will come.

See Ya Then.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Scott,

I will make the event no matter how the schedule ends up....However I also agree that Gingerman is the main draw, and would hate to not have that opportunity...

See you there...
      Steve R.
      68 Camaro

Drag racing? My car has a steering wheel! Don't cut Gingerman out, that is definitely the draw.

Running on Friday would be fine.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

I agree with everyone else. Gingerman is the reason I go. Whatever day the track day falls on, I'll be there as long as there's enough notice.
      Todd Longfellow

Yep, same here! Gingerman is a fun road course that can only be enjoyed at Gingerman. I can autox anywhere so 2 days on Gingerman would be awesome!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Maybe I didn't read it right, but I don't think Saturday at Gingerman is possible due to scheduling with the track. So I'm not sure where 2 days at the track is coming from.
      Mike South
      1968 Camaro SS/RS LS1/T56
      Ride Tech Tru Turn, Ride Tech T/Q Coil-overs
      Ride Tech 4-link

Country Flag: Canada
      thank you scott for this great event. nicole and I loved it we will be there no matter the day but gingerman its a must do again pleasssseee.

tony
      Tony
      68 camaro
      69 camaro
      62 corvette

Mike,
      July 25-27 is definitely doable for us and we wouldn't miss it for the world. If booking the track for two days is more feasible than one we would be all about that too. I will say, drag racing doesn't do much for us though.
      Always an awesome event!
      Tom

Although I would love to see a drag race portion of your event, not at the cost of the road course portion.

Ron Schwarz

Believe it or not I Vote for more track days. I will be out no mater what day the track day is. Regretfully I probably would not make the 950 mile run out for drag racing.

Thanks Randy
      Please see my PT Garage for more info on ProBell Camaro. 67 style,99 comfort, options and drive-ability with NASCAR Late Model suspension front and rear.https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vb...?do=view&g=106
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Car Domain PG
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2565383

Quote Originally Posted by ProBell View Post
      Believe it or not I Vote for more track days.
      I am in total shock!

but with 2 track days you might not have to travel alone next year, I'd make the trip for a couple days of playing on the track. (I'd better get to work on the rear sway bar...)

-Dan
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible project LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1972 Corvette LT1 Stock
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible

Road Course is Key

As I read it; most of us are on the same page. Road course is key. Dates are more flexible than the loss of (RC)track time. Last year was my first. The track was the second best part. The people and commradery was second to none! Great event. Keep up the good work!
      "Speak softly and drive a six speed stick"

-2000 Camaro SS Convt
      -1970 El Camino project

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com