Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks John,
      Yeah, it did fare pretty well for it's age... I was born 3 years later and show more wear & tear!
      I didn't even play with it to see if it still functioned electrically but mechanically it had a good feel to it.
      If it was not the switch then it must be my motor because I remember my wipers were pretty sketchy to inoperable.

Surprise today when I got home - three boxes at the door with all the components for the switches a few days earlier than expected. I'm about to start soldering
      Those that have indicated they want a switch - and those 2,143 people that have viewed this thread, I'm taking orders and payments now

https://sites.google.com/site/huntersswitch/

That website looks great! Thanks for the update on your offering. I am looking forward to seeing mine.

Wow, I so need to do this with the wagon. need to see about finding a slide switch that will work, to replicate the factory one.

Tim
      1971 Buick Sportwagon pro-touring project.
      1985 Ford Crown Victoria 2 door next project.

Tim - Someone else mentioned a slider switch (that one was for a 69 Camaro). I did a quick search of existing (new) slider switches and didn't find anything that would work. But the next time I'm at a junkyard I'm going to grab one (generic) to play around with. I have an idea about how to modify an OEM switch to get all the functionality. I can't invest to much time in it, but I do enjoy trying to figure these things out.

Robert & Redpine - Both of your switches were shipped out today. Hopefully they'll be there before the weekend. Thanks again for your orders. Now I just need to sell 8 more, or my family will be getting some really odd looking Christmas ornaments this year

Cool, I enjoy looking forward to parts! I will be out waiting by the mail box...

I hope some of the guys that spoke up earlier throw their proverbial hats in the ring so that family of yours can get something a little more appropriate for Christmas.

Thanks!!

Me too Robert!

I'm looking up the information regarding the packard connectors - been a busy day today, but I'll get back to you soon. Thanks again

awesome! thanks for doing the footwork on this one for everyone! will be following it once i get to wipers.............in a few years. lol
      Scott R. (vinny)

misha widebody SL55 highly modded
      -67 camaro ttls/viper t56, 350z irs, full frame, in the works
      -porsche cayenne turbo 175hp added over stock
      -other crap that just hauls me around!

Thanks Vinny - I don't have my windshield in yet, so I'm with ya on not needing the wipers just yet

I got my switch today! Looks great, excellent attention to detail. I really appreciate the personalized label too. Nice touch.
      Thanks John!

Thanks Robert!

I dropped my price a bit - you can find the switch listed in the enthusify classified section. A metric crap ton of views, but only two sales - anyone wanna give me some feedback? Shoot me a PM.

Andrew had mentioned being interested in the motor that had the recessed park. From what I've found the following cars come with the funky mechanism under the wiper motor that allows for the recessed park feature.

Buick Century 05-97, Regal 04-97
      Chevy Impala 05-00, Monte 05-00
      Olds Intrigue 02-98
      Pontiac Grand Prix 03-97

I pulled one from a Grand Prix but I have not had a chance to investigate the mechanism yet.
      Adam Moyer
      '69 Cutlass "S"

Not sure what years they are, but the 99 Z28 Camaro I had and the 94 Camaro I had both had the park functions.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Quote Originally Posted by JHunter View Post
      Thanks Robert!

I dropped my price a bit - you can find the switch listed in the enthusify classified section. A metric crap ton of views, but only two sales - anyone wanna give me some feedback? Shoot me a PM.

John,

I just placed my order for your switch for my '67 chevelle build! Great Work....can't wait to wire it in. Need to pick up a motor now.

How will I know once it is shipped? Closing in on holiday travel around the 20th of the month.

Thanks,
      Hugh

Hugh - I saw your order earlier today, Thank you! I'm out of town right now, will be home tomorrow and then head back out for a week on the road for work on Sunday (been a very busy month so far). I have a switch already put together, I just need to apply the epoxy case and I should be able to get it in the mail on Saturday. As soon as I mail it out I'll shoot you a PM.
      Thanks again, and hope you like the switch!

John - I have sent you a PM. Trying to find the right motor and I think I have it nailed down, but the P/N might be different??? Also, I just want the wires out the back and I was wondering about modifying my switch so that I can use the factory bezel ('67 chevelle).

Hugh - I just PM'd you back - sorry for the delay. If you have any more questions just let me know. I hit the road for another week of work on Sunday so after Sunday it might be a bit before I can reply. I love my job
      I forgot to add in the PM though that if you mail me your original switch for modification, please include the bezel ring and nut. I haven't done a Chevelle switch yet, so I want to make sure the bezel ring and nut will fit back on correctly.

Hey guys, just wanted to report that sales have picked up a bit (THANK YOU!!!) and I now only have 4 switches left. If I get orders past what I have on hand, I'll order more - and hopefully those switches that have been sent out will spur more interest.

That is good news John! I realized the other day I should have asked for a motor for Christmas. My girlfriend was after me to put a list together and I really didn't know what to ask for.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

John, got checks, look for one in your mail box, next week, it is saturday,
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com