Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover View Post
      This is why I'm not in marketing. If I were displaying a premium hub, I would have introduced it on a compatible premium upright. By introducing it on a budget upright, I think you can see that in many minds (mine included), you've tied your hub to the budget upright. You're going to be repeating the above explanation for the next five years. Correct or not, this is the impression this introduction has left. It's like a tire company introducing a premium ultra high performance tire on a Ford Tempo.

You are entitled to your opinion, and perhaps when you come out with a premium hub you will choose a different path, for those who know us and have taken the time to know us and our product, you would already know our products are first class and will perform well whether they are installed on CPP, Speedtech, OEM, or others. So if you are easily swayed into thinking our product is no good simply because it is attached to an upright that you know nothing about.... I guess we cannot help you. If you have a personal opinion on which upright is best, then by all means use the one you want, I would think this would be common sense for most. GMR Hubs have been used on all the above uprights and we would be more than happy to see on any of the three offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover View Post
      With all due respect Jay, that comes across as one of the most arrogant statements I've heard a supplier make. I work in the automotive industry, and I know how much we test. And still, parts break, or burn up or or otherwise fail. You have the advantage of a number of designs having proceeded yours. I would assume that GMR studied existing part failures and designed out those weakness'. Corvette hub designers probably thought they had an pretty invincible hub also. Time proved otherwise.
      Sorry if it came accross as arrogant to you. My intensions were to make light of what it is, since we did not invent the spindle/hub concept. I did not want to act like we had invented the wheel or were some kind of "creator". I really think you are reading to much into this, usually when someone reads this hard into things there is more to the story.

If you have a question about one of our components, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer. If all you want to do is critique our thread I ask that you start your own elsewhere.

Thanks, Jay

parts break, or burn up or or otherwise fail, engineering lingo I've never heard... awesome

Pm sent Jay!!
      Rick

To CPP-

I apologize for calling your new upright a direct copy of the AFX spindle. After looking closely and scrutinizing the ever living hell out of every detail and spec I have been able to get from it I will go ahead and just say that it is not apples to apples. I do still stand by the notion that the AFX spindle was your primary influence when designing the new upright and the finished product mimics the ATS offering so closely visually that I know that was not an accident. I also do not back away from the fact that the construction method of being cast iron is weaker than the factory OEM spindle of forged steel, that the CPP offering has a horrid bumpsteer curve, and that the C5 bearing offered with it is of inferior quality to even aftermarket companies like Timken. Make no mistake that this is not a performance based product like you have tried to make it appear.

So once again, I- Tyler Beauregard- am the assh*le of Pro-Touring.com and I accept that. It's who I am. I like me.
      Most of you lurkers reading this probably don't, but I'm totally fine with that too as I'm not here to sell you anything; not my ideas, not my opinions, nor my products (because I don't make any).

To GMR-
      I was absent when you guys came onto the boards so I don't know much about either of you (Jason or Jay). What are your backgrounds and which one of you is the degree holding mechanical engineer of the group?

Again, sorry for cluttering up your thread. If I were you I'd petition the mods to pluck the posts that pertain to the CPP spindle and have them make it its own thread.

Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by TitoJones View Post
      To GMR-
      I was absent when you guys came onto the boards so I don't know much about either of you (Jason or Jay). What are your backgrounds and which one of you is the degree holding mechanical engineer of the group?
      engineer?... hardly.. Hell I didn't even graduate high school... but in my defense I have spent the last 3 years watching at least 30% of the shows on Powerblock TV!

Jason
      Last edited by The GMR; 10-14-2012 at 09:50 PM.

^^^lol
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by TitoJones View Post
      To CPP-

I apologize for calling your new upright a direct copy of the AFX spindle. After looking closely and scrutinizing the ever living hell out of every detail and spec I have been able to get from it I will go ahead and just say that it is not apples to apples. I do still stand by the notion that the AFX spindle was your primary influence when designing the new upright and the finished product mimics the ATS offering so closely visually that I know that was not an accident. I also do not back away from the fact that the construction method of being cast iron is weaker than the factory OEM spindle of forged steel, that the CPP offering has a horrid bumpsteer curve, and that the C5 bearing offered with it is of inferior quality to even aftermarket companies like Timken. Make no mistake that this is not a performance based product like you have tried to make it appear.

So once again, I- Tyler Beauregard- am the assh*le of Pro-Touring.com and I accept that. It's who I am. I like me.
      Most of you lurkers reading this probably don't, but I'm totally fine with that too as I'm not here to sell you anything; not my ideas, not my opinions, nor my products (because I don't make any).

To GMR-

Again, sorry for cluttering up your thread. If I were you I'd petition the mods to pluck the posts that pertain to the CPP spindle and have them make it its own thread.

Tyler
      Thanks Tyler. This post makes me VERY happy as I change setups like I change my pants. I will only consider the Original ATS spindle.

Honestly... like mentioned already, if I owned GMR products, I wouldn't even consider putting my product on it. GMR is better then that. If you want to tickle into a mass produced market, you did it all wrong by making this look like a partner operation. CPP should just mention that you product works on theirs and you guys should have advertised it as "Works on popular AFX type spindles."
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Quote Originally Posted by protour_chevelle View Post
      Thanks Tyler. This post makes me VERY happy as I change setups like I change my pants. I will only consider the Original ATS spindle.

Honestly... like mentioned already, if I owned GMR products, I wouldn't even consider putting my product on it. GMR is better then that. If you want to tickle into a mass produced market, you did it all wrong by making this look like a partner operation. CPP should just mention that you product works on theirs and you guys should have advertised it as "Works on popular AFX type spindles."
      Thanks for your opinion Matt, please PM me your number and we will be sure to call on you for all future decisions in marketing. Boy, even with our poor decision making to date, we have hardly been able to keep up with our current sales..... I could only imagine were we would be with you at the wheel as I am sure you have your own successful line of products right? I mean to be giving such strong opinion on our thread you clearly have your own product/business/website/etc.

Perhaps post a link to your business on our thread so we and others can see how it is done. I look forward to seeing your products.

Again thanks for your advice.

Regards, Jay

Jay, I guess with Matt's GMR 4th quarter report and '13 1st quarter marketing forecast, you'll be shutting down soon ? when is the going out of business sale start ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@GMR View Post
      Thanks for your opinion Matt, please PM me your number and we will be sure to call on you for all future decisions in marketing. Boy, even with our poor decision making to date, we have hardly been able to keep up with our current sales..... I could only imagine were we would be with you at the wheel as I am sure you have your own successful line of products right? I mean to be giving such strong opinion on our thread you clearly have your own product/business/website/etc.

Perhaps post a link to your business on our thread so we and others can see how it is done. I look forward to seeing your products.

Regards, Jay

Quote Originally Posted by rektek View Post
      Jay, I guess with Matt's GMR 4th quarter report and '13 1st quarter marketing forecast, you'll be shutting down soon ? when is the going out of business sale start ?
      Let me check with Matt and get back to you!

The first post does sort of give the impression that the hubs are part of a package with those uprights. The hubs look good but at least in the pictures the uprights look to be of about ebay quality at best. And of course people are swayed by what they see, if they were not would you even bother with advertising, SEMA or starting this thread?
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd71 View Post
      The first post does sort of give the impression that the hubs are part of a package with those uprights. The hubs look good but at least in the pictures the uprights look to be of about ebay quality at best. And of course people are swayed by what they see, if they were not would you even bother with advertising, SEMA or starting this thread?
      Thanks for your opinion, I will consult with Matt and see what he says. Oh, and with such strong opinion I also assume you have your own product line/business/website/etc. You too should post your link on our thread so we can learn from your premium example.... I am gonna go grab my note pad and pencil while you post.......

Regards, Jay

Hey Chuck, had a few minutes and decided to check out your build thread. Beautiful car by the way...... the ATS Spindles/arms look awsome!

lol... after reading this whole thread, ive come up with my opinion also!

i think Jason should be the SOLE appointed guy to stick to the P.R. work for GMR haha
      AJ
      1970 camaro rs, z28:pro-touring?... i wish
      93 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by skatinjay27 View Post

i think Jason should be the SOLE appointed guy to stick to the P.R. work for GMR haha
      lol.... you are probably right. My tollerance for BS and the ability to take a shot to the nuts and smile is low! lol

Quote Originally Posted by The GMR View Post
      engineer?... hardly.. Hell I didn't even graduate high school... but in my defense I have spent the last 3 years watching at least 30% of the shows on Powerblock TV!

Jason
      Quote Originally Posted by skatinjay27 View Post

HAAHA, agreed.

I think Jason has come up with some great ideas and his engineer is making things work. Props to GMR, however Jay does give off some wrong impressions.

Jason,

Keep bringing out cool stuff.

Tyler,

In the arospace industry we know our stuff will be copied so we work everyday to reduce cost and come out with the next best thing. We also continually improve the designs of the in production parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      HAAHA, agreed.

I think Jason has come up with some great ideas and his engineer is making things work. Props to GMR, however Jay does give off some wrong impressions.

Jason,

Keep bringing out cool stuff.

Tyler,

In the arospace industry we know our stuff will be copied so we work everyday to reduce cost and come out with the next best thing. We also continually improve the designs of the in production parts.
      Bryce,

First of all thanks for the props, but I must say..... I would not want you to leave the wrong impression and follow in my foot steps, so I would like you to clarify so readers of this post leave with the right impression.

Do you think Jason alone has designed our product line?

Who is this engineer you refer to?

Jay

Regards, Jay
      All I'm saying Jay is I have been a fan of your products from day one back on Dezert Rangers. In my honest opinion, I think its chicken **** with partnering with CPP.

You are right I dont have a product line and I dont feel the need to divulge my background but we would never consider putting a ching chong knock off pump onto one of our million dollar Siemens motors.

Again, I look forward to running your products, I'm not saying I would not buy your product at all. Just poor taste.
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square

Quote Originally Posted by protour_chevelle View Post
      Honestly... like mentioned already, if I owned GMR products, I wouldn't even consider putting my product on it(GMR product on CPP product). GMR is better then that. If you want to tickle into a mass produced market, you did it all wrong by making this look like a partner operation. CPP should just mention that you product works on theirs and you guys should have advertised it as "Works on popular AFX type spindles."
      just to clarify things as I re-read.

feel free to requests my posts be deleted. Really not too concerned.
      Matt

Bryce,

First of all thanks for the props, but I must say..... I would not want you to leave the wrong impression and follow in my foot steps, so I would like you to clarify so readers of this post leave with the right impression.

Do you think Jason alone has designed our product line?

Who is this engineer you refer to?

Jay
      When Jason and I talked a few years ago, I thought I remeber him saying that he had a design engineer working for him and that he used CATIA. I though that was cool since I use CATIA every day. I know Jason is not the engineer and I assume you are not the engineer either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com