Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
      Man we have some very similiar taste and ideas! Love it!!

Stephen S.
      1967 Ford Mustang 4.7L, T5

Country Flag: United States
      Thanks MSTS. I would love to see your car.

Quote Originally Posted by All4rocks View Post
      The 345/30/19 rear tires are 27.1 inches tall. That is almost 2 inches taller than stockers, so 4:56 gears seems appropriate. I have 4:11 on my other mustang with stock height tire and a 5 speed and it works well.

When i do the RPM calculator and put in:
      4:56 gears and my 6th gear tranny ratio and 27.1 inch tire size, it comes out to a RPM of 2200 at 65 MPH.

Sounds like that should work fine. I dont want to do 200 mph in this thing!
      That sounds great. With that kind of torque and gears it should pull like a freight train!

'67 Fastback is definitely my favorite Mustang model...

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

Hemihunter

Just a couple more pics of the steel rear spoiler. Decided to integrate the rear bumper all one piece with the car. This is a very difficult piece to make so it has been taking me a while to get it right. That is to be expected when you are a rookie like me.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Looks awesome!!! I used the same tail light panel on my Maverick.

73 Maverick Grabber Project

My never ending project:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...hlight=grabber

Looking real nice

Country Flag: Canada
      Those tail lights send shivers up my spine. Nice build
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...

How hard can it be...

Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

I need to start a thread. Just finished up my engineering degree so I can actually have a life again.

Spoiler looks great! Did you use a slip roller or bend it by hand?
      Stephen S.
      1967 Ford Mustang 4.7L, T5

Sub-frame connectors on or in the works?
      EngineeRunner - Vintage Ford - '66FBGT + '68F250CC4x4

Great build! Nice fab work. What do you all have for fab equipment? TIG or MIG?
      Wes

All of the parts including the spoiler were just bent with the brake and by hand. I have a Pexto brake and a Pexto shear and a Harbor freight English wheel. I have 2 welders... 1 for welding the bigger stuff on the car and a 110 volt Lincoln pak100 Mig welder with a gas bottle to do all the welding on the sheet metal. It came from Home depot.

Subframe connectors are already on the car. They are the first thing that got welded to the car after it was completely stripped and ready for metal work. I went with the Total control Products Subframe connectors with the X brace and driveshaft loop. They fit the car very nicely and tuck up very tight to the car. I just barely squeezed my 3" exhaust above the x brace.

Hemihunter

To answer an earlier question.... This is my first car to ever do a complete build. . I have done most basic mechanical jobs over the years ie. engine swaps and such but have never started with a bare shell and built a car. I have never done any metal work or fabbing on a car but i do know how to weld. I started with replacing my floor pans (stuff that gets covered and no one will see) and went from there. The mini tubs were next (again all work will be hidden) and they came out very nice. My confidence was now up and to the engine compartment i went.

The inner fenders had to go and i made custom ones. My friends all seem to think they looked like a professional made them so i continued.

The steel quarter extensions for the spoiler were next...i looked at the fiberglass ones and thought i am way in over my head now. What the worst that could happen? I make one and its a piece of junk? throw it away! No loss. Well...... it came out very nice to my surprise so i made the other side.
      The build now continues.

I encourage all out there to jump in and start workin on your project. You dont have to be a master welder or fabricator to do nice work on your car.

Quote Originally Posted by All4rocks View Post
      To answer an earlier question.... This is my first car to ever do a complete build. . I have done most basic mechanical jobs over the years ie. engine swaps and such but have never started with a bare shell and built a car. I have never done any metal work or fabbing on a car but i do know how to weld. I started with replacing my floor pans (stuff that gets covered and no one will see) and went from there. The mini tubs were next (again all work will be hidden) and they came out very nice. My confidence was now up and to the engine compartment i went.

The inner fenders had to go and i made custom ones. My friends all seem to think they looked like a professional made them so i continued.

The steel quarter extensions for the spoiler were next...i looked at the fiberglass ones and thought i am way in over my head now. What the worst that could happen? I make one and its a piece of junk? throw it away! No loss. Well...... it came out very nice to my surprise so i made the other side.
      The build now continues.

I encourage all out there to jump in and start workin on your project. You dont have to be a master welder or fabricator to do nice work on your car.
      It's great to hear words of encouragment. Looking at all the pictures up to this point I figured this was a pro build by someone that makes a living doing this type of work. I couldn't agree more with what you say about jumping in and trying, I have learned I am way more capable than I ever gave myself credit for by just saying the heck with it, I'm going to try it.

RM Miller i agree. I am a granite slab fabricator by trade so building this car is just my spare time hobby. I also found myself way more capable than i thought. Just start with the easy things first and go from there.

Hemihunter

I got in a little over my head in trying to fit these quarter extensions i made and trying to tie them into the one piece bumper i wanted. So i enlisted the services of Ron Pepper from Pepper fabrications. He was able to tie the bumper and the quarters all in one piece as i wanted.

Here are pics of the almost finished tail section.

Any likes or dislikes?

Better pics are coming of the finished product.

i love it cant wait to see more( this is from a pure Chevy guy)
      1970 Impala
      "Some muscle cars are born great. Others have to be made that way. The debate about nature-versus-nurture. As to which approach is better doesn't matter so much as the end result"

Looking great! I did the one piece rear bumper-extensions also. Unbelievable amount of time in that...........

yeah! I believe i got 3 weeks to do the spoiler extensions bumper and rear roll pan and tying it all together.

Great job on the metal fab - looks way better than a beginner to me. You are sandbagging your talents.

What do you think of the HF english wheel ? Over at the metal shaping forums they scoff at any E-wheel that isn't built from a bridge abutment but it seems to be a wheel wouldn't have to be that awesome just to shape smaller stuff or put a bit of a curve in something. We are not all trying to replicate a Delahaye body from scratch in aluminum. I bought an HF planishing hammer and couldn't do squat with it, but I wasn't sure if that was talent, or my expectations were off, or the HF just sucked. I have a fair bit of experience fabricating and have made quit a bit of crap using crap tools so I don't automatically junk something. I have an HF brake and a "Delta" band saw that both manage to work all right for my limited use. So given those caveats have you made any use of the HF e-wheel ?

All of these pieces were made with a HF English wheel. The quarter extensions, scoops, and the pieces that tie the extensions and the rear tail light panel together. It works fine for this kind of stuff. I have never used a high quality E wheel and i would like to try one some day but the HF one works for me and my linited use and for what we are doing on this car. A Woodward fab shrinker/stretcher was also used.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com