Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Any planning for 2013???

I know at this year's RTTS Bill had mentioned that we needed to raise participation. Let's get the ball rolling early.

Let's hear some suggestions to make the event better for participants and spectators and get more cars out to NJMP

-Tim
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      New Jersey F-body Owners Association
      www.NJFBOA.org
      NJ's home for all owners, friends, and fans of Camaros and Firebirds

I will attend this event every year they have it, no question! The 2012 event would have been more successful If it was not on Easter weekend. I have already decided if ASCS stops going to this track Im going to sign up with NASA to do track days there. (New Jersey motorsports park)
      Justin Snow

I agree that the Easter weekend killed attendance. That track is so busy I can imagine that it is 1) almost impossible for a open day in season and 2) stupid expensive for an in season day.

I will always go to that event though and have tried to promote it as much as I could. I put it up in four different forums...but the Easter weekend was an issue.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

With the number of muscle car clubs that operate in the area I think there is some serious opportunity to sell this event out. Plus we have so many great performance companies that call the northeast home. Hard to imagine we couldn't make it a successful event if we can get some local push behind it.b Easter weekend is tough but being early in the season is still an advantage since everyone will be tired of bummin around waiting for the snow to melt by then.

The sooner the date is locked in and we can all hit the streets and forums to promote the better. Get some flyers designed and we can all start promoting before autocross and the tracks are gone for the winter. Give everyone something to work towards in the spring.

-Tim
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      www.NJFBOA.org

The big issue with NJMP is they have no open dates unless you buy the whole weekend and it is just cost prohibitive. I hate to say it, but for now it is not looking good for RTTS3. Without some change in date availability for a single day, we just can't make the numbers work anymore.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Country Flag: Wales
      Well I think the issue with RTTS last year was that it was on a major holiday weekend, and both event's have been early for us in the North East (New York, New England, Ct) as far as weather is concerned (it snowed on the way down there on the first RTTS and it was 45 degrees at the track) so a lot of people may not even have their cars out of storage or ready for the season.
      What about somewhere like Lime Rock? Pocono? Or making the event mid week like an SCDA type event?

Nick
      Nick Townsend
      Pro-Vintage 69 Corvette
      64 Riviera Custom - 20's, air bags
      Shell Valley Cobra
      2005 Penske Racing Dodge Charger Nextel Cup Car "Rusty's Last Round"

:(

Englishtown?
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Watkins Glen? Mid-Ohio? Pocono? VIR? or way down my list would be Summit point?
      Justin Snow

What's wrong with Summit Point? Yes it is older but they have made some major improvements in the facilities over the past few years and can host multiple events simultaniously on three different circuits. VIR is one of the top facilities on the east coast but I don't know if they can host multiple events simultaniously. IMO, either Summit Point or VIR would be excellent venues for RTTS3.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Any planning for 2013???

I vote VIR as well- great central location for us East coasters! It is usually very busy as well so that may pose the same problem...
      Josh
      "Schism"
      69 camaro

I think it would be a shame to lose the only event of it's kind in the Philadelphia-New York City market.

Bill, as Bonzo, and I discussed with you briefly at the event this year, there are a ton of untouched opportunities in the area. All it would take is picking a weekend and take advantage of the helping hand that many of us locals have offered.

-Tim
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      www.NJFBOA.org

I heard thompson raceway in Connecticut is re opening its road course, might be worth looking into.

VIR and Mid-Ohio are 10 hours away from me in NY; that's more than a hike. That's a trailer.
      Lime Rock is tight but if you stay within your limits would be an awesome venue.
      The Glen is just too fast for these marginally prepared dinosaurs (at least from a safety standpoint). if something went wrong it could be unspeakable.
      I never heard of Thompson in CT. Was it any good?

The only problem with Limerock is the noise limit..I think its down to 86db now (or maybe 89db)...I think my starter motor is louder than that!
      Nick Townsend
      Pro-Vintage 69 Corvette
      Shell Valley Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by hotrdblder View Post
      I heard thompson raceway in Connecticut is re opening its road course.
      Now there is a REAL vintage old time race course from the past that most people have never heard about!
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

I had a blast at RTTS2. I really hope there is an event for the Northeast again. Bill does a great job at these events and to lose one would be a shame. I'm in CT and would be game for anything in New England area.

Thompson is rumoured to be ready for the 2013 season, with the SCCA already signing up to run events there. Also Pocono is having the first "night time" track event in the North East this month, they seem to be doing more stuff now there's new people in charge.
      Nick Townsend
      Pro-Vintage 69 Corvette
      Shell Valley Cobra

What would it take to make numbers for NJMP? Another Sponsor? More attendance?
      NJMP is a really fun track and seems like it is centrally located for ALOT of the east coast PT crew.
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

i know this was stated alot in the thread, but it was on Easter Weekend, i had 3 friends with cars planned to come, but could not leave the family for easter weekend. I know it is costly and tough to rent a whole weekend, but hopefully it does not fall on a major holiday this year, i do not care if it falls on Christmas because i will still be there, but hopefully we can reach some kind of agreement.

Thompson CT course will not be ready until the end of the year at best, a lot of work left to be done if you ask me, so i think that is out, i would be very interested in going to Pocono, or VIR (VIR is a haul for me but) always wanted to go there...

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS EVENT!!!! it was a blast for the past 2 years i went with ^^This guy above me, and would love to continue going for years and years to come.

easter is why i could go this year - no baseball that weekend. although it seemed that the prior year it was not easter and had similar attendance. BH can yea or nay that.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com