Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
      The Safety Track looks pretty cool, but its quite a distance away from where RTTS started.... Any one looking into Pocono? It seems like a more central location for guys that are traveling up from the South... I think Summit Point may even be closer from the central NJ area....

As long as we have something, count me in... even Englishtown looks fun, just add a chicane to slow down speeds near the wall... just treat it like a big autocross...

-Sean

Country Flag: United States
      I'm with Sean, as long as we have something I will be there.

Sean, at least the ny track looks like a nice ride!
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Quote Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
      Sean, at least the ny track looks like a nice ride!
      Very true Scott.... haha... Maybe Bill or someone from the ASCS can chime in and see what they have in mind for the Northeast....

Scott, lets see if we can get the state to close down rt539 and do an open road race though the Pine Barrens...lol, ok now i'm just talking crazy....

-Sean

Game for the NY venue

How about a Pennsylvania venue? A quick google search led me to Alpine Motorsports Club. Looked cool from the video.

"Alpine is located just 6-miles west of Wind Gap and PA Route 33 in Eldred Township, Monroe County, Pennsylvania"

^ Alpine Motorsports Club looks Awesome! and its a great location..... is this place open yet?

btw: thanks for posting that Tom!

-Sean

Country Flag: Wales
      So Dirk (Vanzuuk1), Ken (gsxrken) and myself took a trip up to NY Safety Track yesterday and had a blast, the manager/builder is a cool guy,a true motorsport enthusiast. We basically had the track to ourselves for 4 hours except for a couple of bike guys (cool guys to). We ran clockwise and anti-clockwise, the track is fun and the location is excellent. There's stil plenty of finishing work to be done, but they still plan on bieng ready for next May and we will deffinately be going back!
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Nick Townsend
      Pro-Vintage 69 Corvette
      64 Riviera Custom - 20's, air bags
      Shell Valley Cobra
      2005 Penske Racing Dodge Charger Nextel Cup Car "Rusty's Last Round"

Thanks for the update. I'm down its only ~3 hours away from me.

The track layout was really nice, my favorite so far. Owner was a super nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by lvrpool32 View Post
      So Dirk (Vanzuuk1), Ken (gsxrken) and myself took a trip up to NY Safety Track yesterday and had a blast, the manager/builder is a cool guy,a true motorsport enthusiast. We basically had the track to ourselves for 4 hours except for a couple of bike guys (cool guys to). We ran clockwise and anti-clockwise, the track is fun and the location is excellent. There's stil plenty of finishing work to be done, but they still plan on bieng ready for next May and we will deffinately be going back!
      Nice Party! haha.... looks and sounds like a great place to have Run to the Sticks...LOL! If we build a relationship with the owner and he understands what pro-touring is about, hopefully we can run a few events in the future there.... thanks for the feedback guys!

-Sean

Dang, the safety track is 13 hours instead of the 12 to Millville for us, but if it happens and our schedules align, we'd make the trek. A two day event would make it even more worthwhile.

I have been sending out emails to find out facility requirements, scheduling, and prices. I just sent another to Safety Track.

I have a lot of family up that way that I am actually planning to visit in the next few weeks so I asked if they would be around for a little tour. For those of you not familiar with that portion of the Southern Tier, the roads are figgin AWESOME!!!!

So far the bulk of the facilities I have been in touch with are really expensive or have all weekends scheduled already or both (unless you guys wanna do a Tuesday track day which I predict would draw rather poorly)

One thing I would like to do is start getting a gauge of who would be interested in an RTTS type weekend if we can put it together. I would also like to hear any suggestions or contact information for potential sponsors or vendors that may be interested in supporting such an event. If you are interested in attending and/or have a sponsor/vendor to suggest please shoot me a PM with your handle, name, and email address. I'm not asking anyone to commit to running their car, just want to know how many people would like to make the trip up to participate or spectate.

-Thanks
      -Tim
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      New Jersey F-body Owners Association
      www.NJFBOA.org
      NJ's home for all owners, friends, and fans of Camaros and Firebirds

Looks good to me! If anyone else is heading up and doesn't mind company, I'd love to check the place out too, would probably get a couple others too. 3 or 3-1/2hrs for me, not bad and the drive from my place to that area is really nice. -Dan
      Last edited by 68sixspeed; 10-21-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Typo fix
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe
      1967 Corvette L79 convertible
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible

I'll keep beating the bushes for prices and scheduling. Everyone tell your friends that this is being worked on and see if we can get some real interest going.

-Tim
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      www.NJFBOA.org

You all want me to look into a weekend at Summit Point Raceway? That is my "home" track and I can easily talk to some people.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

I am awaiting an email reply with available dates from Summit currently.

-Tim
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      www.NJFBOA.org

Country Flag: Wales
      I'm deffinately in (as I think are Dirk (Vanzuuk1) and Ken (gsxrken)), but I think 5 hrs is my limit, VIR and Summit Point are a treck from Ct, esepcially as there are a number of option's within the 5 hr range for us (Pocono, Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, Safety Track). The North East is a big area, it might be an idea to consider splitting the area in half.
      Nick Townsend
      Pro-Vintage 69 Corvette
      64 Riviera Custom - 20's, air bags
      Shell Valley Cobra
      2005 Penske Racing Dodge Charger Nextel Cup Car "Rusty's Last Round"

Quote Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
      I have been sending out emails to find out facility requirements, scheduling, and prices. I just sent another to Safety Track.

I have a lot of family up that way that I am actually planning to visit in the next few weeks so I asked if they would be around for a little tour. For those of you not familiar with that portion of the Southern Tier, the roads are figgin AWESOME!!!!

So far the bulk of the facilities I have been in touch with are really expensive or have all weekends scheduled already or both (unless you guys wanna do a Tuesday track day which I predict would draw rather poorly)

One thing I would like to do is start getting a gauge of who would be interested in an RTTS type weekend if we can put it together. I would also like to hear any suggestions or contact information for potential sponsors or vendors that may be interested in supporting such an event. If you are interested in attending and/or have a sponsor/vendor to suggest please shoot me a PM with your handle, name, and email address. I'm not asking anyone to commit to running their car, just want to know how many people would like to make the trip up to participate or spectate.

-Thanks
      -Tim
      Thanks Tim!

Anyone in contact will Bill Howell?

I know ASCS wants to host somthing out here, not sure if he could get a better price based on his sponsors/history of successful events...

-Sean

I have been talking to Bill and a few others regarding things. From where we stand right now I expect it to be 2 or 3 weeks until I will be able to start locking things in or making any announcements.

The best thing I can ask everyone to do is starting talking up having an event to your friends. I know nothing is locked in, but the interest can start with just telling them how much fun this year was. As soon as the tumblers start falling into place I will let everyone know.

For now, please keep posting your interests and if anyone has any business contacts or suggestions of companies that may be interested in sponsoring shoot me the contact info. Any business that is interested in getting some promotion will do, so please don't just think about automotive firms.

-Tim
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      www.NJFBOA.org

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com