Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Teaching my boys about suspension - with a visit to BMR

I recently realized that BMR suspension was only an hour away from me.

I called Rich at BMR and asked if he'd give my boys & me a quick tour. He agreed, and we drove over today.

First, I have to thank Rich and all the guys at BMR. They didn't talk down to my boys and took the time to answer all their questions. I know that is tough when you have work to do, and they were very cool about it.

The boys saw the process from raw steel to packaged part - this was perfect as I've been teaching them about suspensions - we recently disassembled the front suspension on our '68 Firebird, and they know all the basic components, and now they can see how they are made.

Automatic bandsaw...

Some cool fixtures ensure perfect fit...

I almost cried when I saw his MIG welds...so clean. I need lots more practice.

I want a bridgeport...maybe one day...

Rich and I are showing the boys and upper and lower control arm together...

Big powdercoat booth...

IMHO the black hammertone looks like CRAP in online pics, but looks AWESOME in person!

If you are 9 and 12, apparently this is a roll of toilet paper for giants. I was just happy they weren't going near the air stapler!

He likes the BIG wheels on the BMR shop '69

Rich told me they are moving to a larger facility too, visible from I4 - I can't wait to see the new shop and how they take advantage of the extra space.

I also got a really good look at the BMR torque arm system, subframe connectors, and front suspension gear. It was hard for me to picture the torque arm system until I was under the car looking at it. While I can't speak for how it performs, it looks like a great implementation.

Overall, very nice parts and a very nice crew - well worth the time and the trip.

Teaching my boys about suspension - with a visit to BMR

It's awesome that a company like that would take time out of there busy day to teach kids and adults about their business. Two Thumbs Up

Very cool of you and BMR to educate the two future hot rodders
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

Used to be known as flash911

"like"

Ray Kaufman - Wyotech Chassis Fab and High Performance Instructor. Words of Wisdom from an old master... at Asylum Custom Interiors website

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.in.SoCal View Post
      Very cool of you and BMR to educate the two future hot rodders
      This is my shop labor...gotta train 'em!

But yes, we make a point to go see how things are made - it is amazing how many things are made right in our backyard that we don't know about...

Sorry for the delayed response guys I left for a family vacation the next morning and it was a real treat to meet Ian and his boys! I can't wait to the see the Firebird in person!

As Ian mention we are very excited to get in our new building........ you can see I-4 behind the semi

Once we are up and running in the new place we plan to have a "open house". In the meantime I personally would love to meet anyone that is in the area or is down in Sunny Florida on vacation.

We will be doing alot on Facebook as the move to the new shop takes place....... take a look at our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/BMRSuspensionInc
      Last edited by BMR Sales; 08-28-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Just gave a tour to a guy down here on vacation. Now that the weather is starting to turn bad in the midwest more guys will be coming to Orlando/Tampa this fall or winter. If anyone is planning a trip let me know.

Rich,my wife and i are going to a wedding next month i might take you up on the tour offer.hey are you guys planning on still.making the extended coil over bracket for the chevelles?phil
      72 chevelle.

Hey Phil, let me know when you are coming to Florida and I can take you on the tour. The coilover kits are still on the R&D list, but the 05 & up Mustangs are pulling priority on the Musclecars....

Now that fall is officially upon us...... many of you may be visiting Sunny Florida within the next 6 months or so. If you are, please give us a ring and stop in the new facility. We are finally installing our powdercoat booth so once it is in house we will be officially 100% in our new building!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com