Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 65 Corvette

65 Corvette

I'm looking for suggestions for tires for my mildly modified '65 Corvette. 6.0L Lsx, 18" wheels, Bilstiens, tubular control arms etc. I have been running KDW2's. I gotta do some burn outs once in a while and the KDW's just melt away. The UTQG code on them is 300. My friend with a heavy '56 Chev/502 bb with Nitto 555's [also 300 UTQG] last forever. In fact he has been trying to burn his off so he can install another set that he has. The Nitto 555's are not available in the size I need. What is a more durable tire for these shinanigans?

How about the Kumho XS? I've got them on my TA and love them. I wish they had more 18" sizes, though.
      Greg
      1976 Trans Am SacrilEdge
      twin turbo 455
      Ttops and 4spd
      one of 110 made
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ect&highlight=
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ilEdge-is-free!

Thanks for the reply opnwide. That tire has a UTQG rating of only 180. Pretty sticky. How are they lasting?

Country Flag: United States
      00fxd, I'm looking to put some 18" wheels on a 64. How wide are yours and what backspacing are you running? Have any pics by chance you could post?

Quote Originally Posted by scottwag View Post
      00fxd, I'm looking to put some 18" wheels on a 64. How wide are yours and what backspacing are you running? Have any pics by chance you could post?
      You can fit almost 5"back spacing, 4 3/4 is safer which will allow you to use 8"wheels. Thats about as wide as you can go with stock fenders.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com