Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      I've never seen black with blue houndstooth, but I'm not a fan of houndstooth anyway. I like white tops better than black. Black just doesn't pop. I think blue would be nice if the same as the paint, but most are darker than LeMans blue. Here's a partial look with black top when we got it home from the shop that didn't do much originally:
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camaro back Home.jpg 
Views:	1096 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	69186

Country Flag: United States
      We've been getting the engine accessories installed, hooking up gas/clutch linkages, exhaust etc. Now we're setting up the Vintage Air system. Here's a couple pics from this past weekend.

The MSD box & coil are located under the dash to keep the engine compartment clean and the Vintage air lines have all been routed through the side of the cowl and inside the fender also to keep clutter to a minimum. We were able to modify most of the the VA lines and only needed to purchase a 6' #6 hardline and some firewall grommets etc. to make everything work. The car's also been rewired with a AAW kit.

Poor 'ol Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
      The MSD box & coil are located under the dash to keep the engine compartment clean and the Vintage air lines have all been routed through the side of the cowl and inside the fender also to keep clutter to a minimum. We were able to modify most of the the VA lines and only needed to purchase a 6' #6 hardline and some firewall grommets etc. to make everything work. The car's also been rewired with a AAW kit.

For reasons the car just can't understand, the mean 'ol boss mechanic is still makin' 'er wear that ugly yellow dunce cap on top of 'er carburetor. What did she ever do to you? Is this payback for all the undercoating that had to be scrubbed off? One door and a dunce cap is no way to go through life, buddy!

;^)

The car saw the light of day again finally when we took it out to fire it up for the first time. So now we're working on "the list" of all the little things like tucking wires, filling the AC system, getting ride height adjusted, greasing suspension etc. before it's off to paint.

Right. Saw the light of day. For 36 seconds before the car gods opened the sky and dumped water on our topless vert. Pushed back in the garage, back out and started- first turn of the key- unlike overhaulin'! Those guys need notata! Also got frame connectors welded in, ground and painted, emergency brakes reconnected and dash gauge cluster finished. This is florida, where we work in the summer and drive in the winter, fwiw.

Car is about ready to get painted. It's been a little over a year to go from a unibody shell to a drivable car with 50-100 miles on it (even without a windshield!).

And i got the speedo working, needle at 0 at idle. Odo reset to zero. (Well, now it has about 4 miles on it). Clock OTOH, has lost 4 hours in 2 weeks. I'll have to figure that one out. Thanks to John's help (a lot of it!) the gas, oil, temp and amp meters all work, as do the speedo and tach. Not easy to do on a 40+ year old car.

And I got the speedo working, needle at 0 at idle. Odo reset to zero. (Well, now it has about 4 miles on it). Clock OTOH, has lost 4 hours in 2 weeks. I'll have to figure that one out. Thanks to John's help (a lot of it!) the gas, oil, temp and amp meters all work, as do the speedo and tach. Not easy to do on a 40+ year old car.

Finally getting around to updating this. Rlodad decided a few months ago to paint it himself in a makeshift home booth. Most of my work is done for a while so it's up to him to give updates as he works on the the interior etc. he's doing himself.

I continue to finish the car, this time a shoutout to Jay/Jason/Spain and the rest of the crew at Budnik Wheels. I got my 17" laterals cleared and polished, so now they're finally on the car. I had been sticking to the resto-mod theme, but the Pro-Touring bug has me changing my mind. I still have the 16" rallys if anybody knows anyone who needs some. They are 8" with 245 50 16s on all 4.

Name:  NewShoes.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  311.3 KB

Nice job. Looks great

That is VERY clean. Well done!

Thanks! Top is on, still too hot to enjoy in South Florida with top down (especially with an impending hurricane), but our season- winter- is getting closer.

Well, no project is ever done, but the last bits and pieces are coming together despite the inhuman weather here in South Florida. The Vert top is on except for the front bow trim that I have (temporarily) misplaced. I continue to try to get spring height correct on the DSE Speed Kit 3. The coilovers have to be taken out of the suspension to adjust them, and height and ground clearance is nearly impossible to adjust well. Frankly, at this point I would recommend going with another big name in front suspension if you are looking to do a '69 Camaro- ridetech, speedtech, chassisworks or BMR come to mind. If the DSE folks had put half the time into properly engineering their speed kit coilovers and customer service that they do racing their own cars, they would have a much more loyal customer base and better product. I think many of their products are good from what I hear, but not the speed kit 2 or 3. The only answer they have for us is "Why didn't you buy a hydroformed subframe?" $5000, that's why. As soon as I get a free weekend, I'll disassemble the front suspension again and try to reset the ride height so I can get over railroad tracks, but still have a semi-compliant ride.

Enough bitchin' here's some pics with the top on:

Name:  DSC_0208.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  231.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0207.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  199.0 KB

Nice car. How do you like the engine ? I have my ZZ383 still in the crate waiting for "THE" day.
      RagRat

Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Rag-Rat View Post
      Nice car. How do you like the engine ? I have my ZZ383 still in the crate waiting for "THE" day.
      Love it. Get the day here already!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com