Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Deeds Performance twin turbo Headers

Anyone using Deeds Performance twin turbo Headers? Thinking about using them for a TT SBC. They look like nelson racing headers but 304 SS instead of 321. The price is right and they claim to not have any cracking problems. Here is a pic of there BBC headers.

Attached Images Attached Images  

I wasn't aware of this outfit in SoCal but curious to hear from others using their headers as well and what their pricing is. I looked at their website but they only showed headers for BMWs and Jap scrap cars. I ended up going with cast manifolds from SRTCO.NET which doesn't seem to be around anymore. While they may not flow as well as headers, I was really looking for something durable to withstand the heat stresses.

Country Flag: United States
      If you hang a wastegate and turbo off the end like that on any header, they will crack! 304 or 321, your buying time. 321 will heat cycle many more times than 304 before cracking, but in the end they all crack. Depending on what your plans are, race, street, both, that should be the deciding factor of material. It doesn't matter how cheap they are, if you replace them or repair them every year.
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

They are a few doors down from my shop. Pretty nice guys, I feel they will stand by their work as they always have when I had some stuff made by them.
      The rule is measure twice and cut once. My problem is I still measure with a mic and cut with an axe!

You have a good point with the headers cracking having that much weight on them especially being on the street bouncing around. Bracing them would be a nightmare if not imposible from limited room. My car will only be driven a couple times a month since I seem to work my life away.
      I can't find much on them surfing the net, so hopefully they are a reputable seller. I have learnt my lesson after the bu!!***** I went through with Frank on my rear suspension.

Bracing is pretty easy. You can use a 1/4" or 5/16" rod with small hiem joints on either end. I try and triangulate the braces to support the weight of the turbo but allow for movement.
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

Name:  DSC01903.JPG
Views: 1167
Size:  76.9 KB
      Quote Originally Posted by sccacuda View Post
      Bracing is pretty easy. You can use a 1/4" or 5/16" rod with small hiem joints on either end. I try and triangulate the braces to support the weight of the turbo but allow for movement.
      They can be braced. It takes some thinking though. Here's my build. I built headers very similar to those out of 304 stainless with floating braces. 2 years so far no cracks.

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/tu...26/#msg1448526
      1968 Camaro Convertible. 9" rear, Caltracks, 350 , PTC 3000 stall, Custom Twin turbo built by ME.

Name:  DSC01896.JPG
Views: 1189
Size:  69.5 KB
      1968 Camaro Convertible. 9" rear, Caltracks, 350 , PTC 3000 stall, Custom Twin turbo built by ME.

Well looks not so impossible. Thanks for the pics mnm99. I think I will have to give these headers a kick at the can.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com