Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

H2 magnacharger on my 67 camaro LS1 has anyone done this?

I've been building my 67 camaro for quite a while, this weekend im welding in the Art Morrisom triangulated 4 bar suspension and hopefully finding time to bolt in there front clip. I have an 5.7 LS1 motor with Z06 ported heads and a texas speed magic stick cam. The motor should make pretty good power for a cruiser, but being the gear head i am I am taking the magnacharger off my wifes Hummer H2 and going to try it on this motor. I know it will fit but i want a clean look. I was going to use the Vintage air front drive system but dont think the belt routing will work with the magnacharger. Has anyone else tried this before?

It is funny you asked this because I was wondering the same thing for my Chevelle, but I have a Billet Specialties Tru Trac setup and I would love to know the answers.

If you ran all the truck accessories it would all bolt on without a problem. If you want to use the frontrunner I think you will need to a lot of work to make it happen. The GM truck, fbody, and vette accessories all have different pulley spacing from the engine block.

Jason Mitchell
      1969 Camaro @ Dutchboys

For the best reliability an OE accessory drive would be best. The belt wrap on almost all aftermarket drives is inadequate.

In that light you may want to mockup the supercharger in the car to find out if there will be SC pulley hood clearance problems. The truck accessory drives are mounted farther forward than the car versions. Mine is a TVs1900 GTO setup and it just clears the front-mount throttle body.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

I recently added a blower cam and a higher stall converter to my friend's '68 Camaro with an LQ4 and 4L80E transmission. As was stated earlier, his setup using truck accessories and Vintage A/C works very easily with the supercharger. I do believe you will need at least a 2" cowl hood to clear it, but it might work with a stock flat hood.

Here is a video clip of his '68 after I added the blower cam:

68 Camaro with supercharged LQ4 engine

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com