Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Goodguys Pleasanton

Anyone going to the Goodguys show in Pleasanton this weekend? We'll be there doing suspension evaluations at our booth and running our black 68 Camaro at the autocross. Anyone want a ride?
      Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

How do you spell Impossible?

Country Flag: United States
      We were going then I decided to stay home and work on Orangasm since Hot August Nights is around the corner. Now this offer is really tempting! If we do end up going, I will definitely take you up on the ride. Would like to check out your products more closely anyways. Will be going with your lower control arms and 4 link in the future... thanks to Brit!!
      What about Hot August Nights? Ever think of attending that show?
      I know there will be a few guys from Team Camaro there during the weekend.

Robert
      My sloooow build thread...https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...hlight=Orngasm

"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."

If I can only convince myself of this!

I'll be there in the camaro at the autocross. For the life of me I cant remember where a gas station is near the fairgrounds...
      -James

1974 Z28 SCCA C Prepared
      1990 Firebird NASA CMC
      2005 Mustang GT SCCA F-Street (new for 2015)
      1989 Civic Si SCCA STC

James ... exit Bernal off of 680 and turn right at the light. At the next intersection, turn right again and there's a Shell station. Can't miss it ...

Mary P.
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Quote Originally Posted by ROBS6T8 View Post
      We were going then I decided to stay home and work on Orangasm.
      I swear every weekend is that same dilemma... do X, Y and Z or get some progress on the car.

Bret, I'll jump on that grenade and take you up on the offer of a ride. haha I'm looking forward to seeing how my 67 will possibly handle when I get everything bolted on.

I don't think more BS could have happened on this trip. After everything that went wrong on this trip I end it by destroying ANOTHER shock. Somehow I wrangled the car around the track undampened for a clean run of 33.0XX. The course was as frustrating as the car, I think I've had my fill of going in super duper tight slurry seal 10 feet from trees, light standards, and k-rails on street tires...
      -James

1974 Z28 SCCA C Prepared
      1990 Firebird NASA CMC
      1989 Civic Si SCCA STC

Yeah I do think that Goodguys needs to put the course back out in the lot of the swap meet so folks can "let it hang" more! but for spectating it sure is nice to be in the shade!
      1967 Cougar XR7, DSE, Sbf, TKO600. PM me about wheel tool rental

Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
      Anyone going to the Goodguys show in Pleasanton this weekend? We'll be there doing suspension evaluations at our booth and running our black 68 Camaro at the autocross. Anyone want a ride?
      When Is the mustang going to make it to pleasanton?

Country Flag: North Korea
      Quote Originally Posted by SLO_Z28 View Post
      I don't think more BS could have happened on this trip. After everything that went wrong on this trip I end it by destroying ANOTHER shock. Somehow I wrangled the car around the track undampened for a clean run of 33.0XX. The course was as frustrating as the car, I think I've had my fill of going in super duper tight slurry seal 10 feet from trees, light standards, and k-rails on street tires...
      So that's why i couldnt find your car.

Those trees made me a little glad that my car is broke and couldnt make it. Not to mention, every time someone spun out, it looked like they might hit the K-rails.

DoD ... you must have been watching one of my runs today as I put the azz-end of the Camaro pretty close to one of those concrete walls.

Hope someone posts a vid of it too.

Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Yesterday was my first time at Pleasanton and I don't know how everyone was so agressive on that course. I took a ride through it and it was super bumpy. The bumps combined with the concrete barriers was too much for me to even think about running my car there. Well...that and the fact that I don't have near the skills 90% of the drivers there had. Who ended up with the fastest time of the wekend?

Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
      DoD ... you must have been watching one of my runs today as I put the azz-end of the Camaro pretty close to one of those concrete walls.

Hope someone posts a vid of it too.

Mary Pozzi
      haha, yeah, i showed up just before that run and watched until the winners were announced. I happened to be standing near that particular barrier too. Although I think the No Limit "hellboy" C10 had to be the closest call, I really thought he was gonna touch the wall.

I'm definitely gonna have my car out there next time around but, im get some better brakes. It seems to come in handy there. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DartorDemon View Post
      So that's why i couldnt find your car.
      Yeah, I could have fixed my car but the amount of hassle the people running the show gave us was astounding, I'm done with good guys.
      -James

1974 Z28 SCCA C Prepared
      1990 Firebird NASA CMC
      1989 Civic Si SCCA STC

I'm surprised they would hassle anyone on the autocross. I would think its a big, if not the biggest attraction for the general public.

I literally came for the autocross and a quick trip through the swap meet. Otherwise there is nothing there of interest, just old cars sitting stagnant

Quote Originally Posted by 67cougnut View Post
      Yeah I do think that Goodguys needs to put the course back out in the lot of the swap meet so folks can "let it hang" more! but for spectating it sure is nice to be in the shade!
      i dont understand why the quarter midget cars had that big wide open area out by the swap meet, i think if they had it out there and away from all the trees and k rails a lot more ppl would enter in it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLO_Z28 View Post
      Yeah, I could have fixed my car but the amount of hassle the people running the show gave us was astounding, I'm done with good guys.
      i think a lot of ppl are done with GG there was not that many vendors in the buildings and there was a lot of room in the swap meet area and the fact its 5 bucks to park and 17 for admission....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=22724

65ss chevelle
      95 lt1 LE2 heads gm847 cam, 1.6 gold sereis roller rockers,52mm tb,37lb racetronix injectors. hooker headers

63ss nova
      350:cam headers,roller rockers.pete jackson gear drive,
      th350 shift kit 3,500 stall
      3:73

**Drive it like you stole it!!

It was 8 bucks today to park.

yeah I paid $8 to park and used the PT coupon for $3 off to get in.I was there with some friends who were also looking for particular vendors and nobody was around!

March is generally the largest show for the vendors, I think. Right now there are a few other things going on around the country closer to them (the vendors) that are going on, like the power tour. General attendance was down ( I would say) due to this being the end of the school year and alot of 8th grade and HS graduations this weekend. That is my take on it anyway. Show up in August to the West Coast Nationals and I think it will be much different.
      Steve Martin
      67 Camaro RS
      66 Chevelle

Although, I do agree completely about the Auto X! they need a larger space, it is entirely to small where they have it and the hazards are to great for me to participate (risk is to high). I have personally witnessed 3 cars hitting the k rail out there, one of them being the Good Guys give away car a few years ago...lol
      Steve Martin
      67 Camaro RS
      66 Chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by class67 View Post
      I have personally witnessed 3 cars hitting the k rail out there, one of them being the Good Guys give away car a few years ago...lol
      I remember that too...good 'ol hydroboost!
      '67 Buick Skylark GS400 funny car "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM / Gasoline (Swedish) cover & feature 2/12
      World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!
      Used to be known as musclecarjohn

www.buickfunnycar.com
      http://www.facebook.com/ingenuebuickfunnycar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com