Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MMC pictures

Country Flag: United States
      So, have you had a chance to pull the valve covers off to see what all the racket was?

Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

Quote Originally Posted by Quickboat View Post
      Well I didnt have much of your car except two runs down the back slalom...enjoy, dont forget to use the "HD 1080i" setting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QmKIc5kF3E
      Sweet! Thanks man! Looks to be chugging some Smoke there for some reason. The temps didn't stay down very well with only first gear. I could only make like 3 laps before it was WAAY too hot, like 230+ hot!! Then had to pull in and let it cool for awhile.
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

Jim, it was nice to meet you and your brother. The pictures and videos are fantastic! Thanks for the new desktop background.

Quote Originally Posted by RS_Customs View Post
      lol I think you need a new avatar!!

Was great to meet and hang out with you and the family. See you guys next weekend.

Robert
      I still have that car too, but I probably will change it. Thanks for all the help Robert we couldn't have got the awning up without you and Riley. See ya in Atl.

Yea the blue one? You got in later but I do have some. I will work on it tomorrow. I think splitting up into "one car at a time" footage works better. In the mean time enjoy Randy's 70-71? Camaro,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-SrZvBTJ14&feature=plcp
      Yeah the blue one.

Quote Originally Posted by shmoov69 View Post
      So, have you had a chance to pull the valve covers off to see what all the racket was?
      No man, we go 41 on the way home, by the time I reached evansville it was smoking pretty bad (alot of stoplights we had to go thru was hard on it). Oil pressure was 50 most of the way home, but it dropped to 25 by the time it was home. It died once, I didn't know if we would make it, but it restarted for me. Last night I noticed a nice puddle of oil underneath the car near the rear of the motor. Weighing my options on a new motor now. I had planned to put some money into brakes and new coilovers, but now that is going to have to go into a new motor. I have an LS2 shortblock that spun a rod bearing that I could have rebuilt, but depending on the money, it might make just as much sense to go stroker, from a power perspective for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dunnjun View Post
      Jim, it was nice to meet you and your brother. The pictures and videos are fantastic! Thanks for the new desktop background.
      You are welcome Karl. It was nice meeting you and Cris too. I have a few more pics of your car I'll post tonight. I was really impressed with the new car. Though out of my league, it is something for me to aspire too.
      Jim S.
      67 RS
      "driver "

A quick video of Karls Blue Balz. One SWEET machine built by a great guy and master builder Cris Gonzalez, owner of JCG Restoration & Customs.

Yep , Blue Balz is a nice car , Karl ran really well this weekend in it .
      Chris and Karl are good people ..
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Quote Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
      Cars look sweet but man that surface looks dirty and crappy.
      The surface we autocrossed on wasn't that bad , unless you got off-line into the grit and loose stuff .
      The pictures do not show a clean shot of the concrete we were really on . It's old but the SCCA guys clean it .
      The roadcourse part of this event was on the HUGE , real , honest to goodness , current airport runway , not the old WWII Airforce runway . It was clean and grippy .
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Anyone have any video or images of the ridetech cars? With the heat and the intensity of making these things run, we failed to get any pictures or video:(.
      If you have anything send it to me at [email protected]. I'd like to throw something up on facebook. Thanks!
      Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

How do you spell Impossible?

Jeff, I don't know if this is true, but heard the city sent out a street sweeper to clean the track this year. Those guys really know how to set up a course for our type of cars, fast but technical, and I love them handing you a time slip at the end of the run. The concrete is real grippy, and makes your car feel like a slot car. The Lawrenceville course is my favorite autox that we run.

It was great getting to run with you again Jeff. Is there gonna be a peach state this year?

Bret, congrats on the autox win! The 48 Hr. Camaro was running strong.

I had a great time meeting & hanging out with new people @ this event.. A little hot for me but well worht it! What a better way to introduce Blu Balz to the Mid-West..

Jeff, I don't know if this is true, but heard the city sent out a street sweeper to clean the track this year. Those guys really know how to set up a course for our type of cars, fast but technical, and I love them handing you a time slip at the end of the run. The concrete is real grippy, and makes your car feel like a slot car. The Lawrenceville course is my favorite autox that we run.

It was great getting to run with you again Jeff. Is there gonna be a peach state this year?

If the street sweeper did make it out there it is the best job it has ever done.

are you comming back for the show then?

Man, all the big guns were out there!
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
      Anyone have any video or images of the ridetech cars? With the heat and the intensity of making these things run, we failed to get any pictures or video:(.
      If you have anything send it to me at [email protected]. I'd like to throw something up on facebook. Thanks!
      bret, I have a bunch of the RideTech videos. Which cars you want to see first? it takes time to sort through the video.
      Jim S.
      67 RS
      "driver "

The Mayor of Lawrencville told me that they had sent a street sweeper out there .
      So I guess it was true ..

I'm not sure about the Peach State Event , I handed it over to Robert , Joe , and Sparky .
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

It is confirmed!!! There was a street sweeper!!! I saw it, lol.

The scca guys said they almost never have the same auto-x twice. They even go as far as bringing jack hammers and tear up the bad places and patch the area so they can keep it fresh.

As far as PSMC, I'm not sure it will happen this year. I was trying hard to get the event at AMP and since there wasn't enough people committing it may just have to wait till next year to be moved into the big event status.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by 71RS/SS396 View Post
      Yeah the blue one.
      Sorry Tim no video, I ran out of tape by the time you got out there. But I do have these pics from your run down the back slalom.

Jim S.
      67 RS
      "driver "

Sorry Tim no video, I ran out of tape by the time you got out there. But I do have these pics from your run down the back slalom.

Thanks, that was when Yancy was playing navigator, too bad you didn't get a shot of when he navigated me into a spin out LOL

Here is a video of Chris J's Chevelle, sorry missed the fire and spinout...

Jim S.
      67 RS
      "driver "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com