Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Post-deployment mild 69 Camaro build

Hey everyone,

A little about myself, I am 30 and really know nothing about cars; total learn as you go guy. I was first on here 10 years ago with a long gone 67 Camaro, and after my recent deployment with the Army, I decided I wanted to get another 1st gen. I found a fairly rust-free, 69 with a built 408/Richmond 5 spd and 12 bolt posi 3.73 locally from a guy who garaged it for years. For the price (and beginning of summer) there was nothing better around, and I came in right under 30k. I am on a limited budget, and trying to get the best bang for the buck. I always had big dreams of custom subframes and big LS power, but I have retirement to save for and so I went with the "get the feet wet" route. I wont lie, I have stretched the project's scope and budget more then I would have liked. After doing a lot of reading and looking at cost/benefits, I realized that I would never need a fulltime autocross coilover/subframe with 300 series tires, therefore after some review my first call went to Mark Savitske. Here are the results so far:

Suspension:
      SCC Stage 2 package with double adjustable shocks all around
      2 inch front and rear drop with polys
      SPC and DSE coils and control arms (upper/lower)
      All new moog steering

Brakes:
      Baer GT Plus 13 front
      Baer Iron Sport Rear
      I have a BBC with 7.5 inches of vacuum at idle, therefore I am going with a CPP Hydraboost

Engine:
      396 punched out to 408
      BIG cam, est to be 246-250 range
      Downgraded from a 870 to 670, lot better driveability, I don't live at 7K like the engine/drag racer designed for Bandimere
      Dual Spal cooling fans

Drivetrain:
      Richmond 5 speed with true overdrive (.65-.75 or whatever it is)
      12 Bolt posi 3.73

Wheels/Tires:
      Rushforth Superspokes 18"
      Nitto 555

Electrical:
      Upgrade everything with the American Autowire
      Full Autometer dash with Wideband for tuning

I love the way this thing handles, its like its on a rail. In all honesty, I don't think I would notice the difference right now between this setup and a full frame, at least not until my honeymoon phase is over.

Question:

I am looking to stiffen up the middle chassis and was looking at the Alston G-Connector setup, anyone run this? Its already stiff with the new leafs, poly and subframe connectors, but I am looking for a little more.

Attached Images Attached Images                    

Thank you for your service and have fun enjoying your car. It's really clean, I love that color. Good luck.

Thanks,

I have never been a huge fan of Blue, but when I saw this car I had to have it. This is an extremely rare feeling for me, and I couldn't figure out why within 1 second of looking at the car I knew I was going to buy it. I usually take forever debating and looking at alternatives. About a month later my girlfriend and I were cleaning out my office and she asked me if I wanted to keep this binder from middle school. She handed it to me, and then the memories came back. I had that binder from 3rd grade to high school, and I had taped a car on the cover: a Dusk blue, white stripe 69 Z28. That's why when I first saw the car, I had the feeling, my subconscious inner kid was screaming at me to finally buy my dream car.

Car looks great. Love the color combo and the wheels compliment it really well too!

nice car

What more do you need, it's all right in front of you. Beautiful car!

Thank you for your service .
      Cool story an beautiful car
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Welcome home, glad your safe. It looks like a nice car, it should be fun to drive.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Thanks for the support guys!

Does anyone have any experience with the Alston G-Connector system?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com