Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome pics!

Country Flag: Canada
      hi angelo, i really love the carbon fibre stuff your using,i just bought an 67 fastback and was wondering where i could get the same set up.thanks for any info.

Thanks. As i said, the person who made my set made another set that was for a fastback and i may be selling it in the near future if i decide not to build my fastback project. Still up in the air.

There's nothing more TA (TransAm) than a '68 Mustang. I had two of them (as well as a '68 Firebird/400), one of which I smashed into a guardrail at about 60, while in college--that was a crappy semester... I also had a '67, with an awesome bench seat. The '68 is also of course iconic in the fastback version, what with Bullitt and all. Keep up the good work!

Thank you and looking forward to your build. Have you dug into it yet? What direction are you planning on?

Very nice mustang!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  47.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  52.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  37.7 KBHi guys. Just thought I'd post a few picks of the new addition to the family. I have plans to restomod my 71. Hope to start work on it in a couple of weeks when work slows down. For those of you who are into the big stangs, I will post shots along the way. Intentions for the car is family cruiser with air conditioning, lowered, big rim and rubber and big brakes for this big boy. The biggest change is some bolt on body mods I intend on designing for the front facia and possibly, the rear facia. Oh ya, and a couple of cup holders. Here goes nothing!

nice. i have never been a fan of the 71-73's but they are growing on me. i have seen a few pt ones that i really like, gotta be lowered with big steel under em to look good. can't wait to see what ya do with her!
      Justin Hocking
      67 Mustang Coupe to Fastback swap
      TCI front and rear
      Detroit Mini Tub

Future coyote

True. I never really gave them much attention myself but the more I see them, the more I like them. I just need to be careful that my ideas do the car justice. It would be easy to turn sweet lines into junk. Thanx

Name:  IMG_0914.JPG
Views: 802
Size:  104.7 KBName:  IMG_0931.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  138.3 KBAttachment 74755Hi all. Bin working on the 71 since i picked it up a month ago. So far its been pulled apart electrically from bumper to bumper and made perfect. Didnt need too much attention since the previous owner had installed a Ron Francis box and harnesses (nice treat to find). Car also received a great sound system. A TMI interior on order cause it looks so good as well as a wood grain Shelby style steering wheel. In the process of lowering the front end with a set of springs and the rear end with a bag over leaf set up from air ride. Put aside the 71 stock 8" for a 68 9" posi with a taller gear and SSB rear disc set up. Still have intensions on modifying the front grill and chin spoiler. Any other body mods have to wait till next winter since i want to drive the car. I have a shot here of a racing wheel and tire as inspiration for my direction on this car. Was thinking 18s and 20s for a long time but something about the style of this car says 15s with big sidewall. Have a set of 28" diameter tires to go in place of these 26" rear tires. I like the idea of making the Magnum 500s look racey since they were already there. Was looking for Goodyears with Billboard lettering but nothing that was really cruise friendly crossed my path after an extensive search so BFG it is.

Hey all. This is as far as i got for this season. All i want to complete for this year is a more radical front spoiler and get the front end down another inch.

Both are wicked cars! I had a 71 Mach 1 in 2000 for highschool it was a lot of fun to drive, unfortunatly like all kids with fast cars in highschool it met it's end when it lost a fight with a tree.

Pm'd you with some questions about your 68

Just a quick heads up. The 68 is going to be featured in the August issue of Modified Mustangs Magazine. Thanks for all your help and cool comments. Great site to be a part of. "Beat on them till they break then do it some more". Have a great summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
      Name:  IMG_0914.JPG
Views: 802
Size:  104.7 KBName:  IMG_0931.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  138.3 KBAttachment 74755Hi all. Bin working on the 71 since i picked it up a month ago. So far its been pulled apart electrically from bumper to bumper and made perfect. Didnt need too much attention since the previous owner had installed a Ron Francis box and harnesses (nice treat to find). Car also received a great sound system. A TMI interior on order cause it looks so good as well as a wood grain Shelby style steering wheel. In the process of lowering the front end with a set of springs and the rear end with a bag over leaf set up from air ride. Put aside the 71 stock 8" for a 68 9" posi with a taller gear and SSB rear disc set up. Still have intensions on modifying the front grill and chin spoiler. Any other body mods have to wait till next winter since i want to drive the car. I have a shot here of a racing wheel and tire as inspiration for my direction on this car. Was thinking 18s and 20s for a long time but something about the style of this car says 15s with big sidewall. Have a set of 28" diameter tires to go in place of these 26" rear tires. I like the idea of making the Magnum 500s look racey since they were already there. Was looking for Goodyears with Billboard lettering but nothing that was really cruise friendly crossed my path after an extensive search so BFG it is.
      Wow the wheels look good!!!!! Did you powder coat the wheels and how did you do the stripes? What size are the tires?

275/60-15 (28" tall)rear and 225/7-15 (27.4" tall) front. The rim in the photo was just a mock up. The final choice was to go with no red pin stripe. The rim was primed ,painted and clear coated with automotive paint in spray cans. It was a metallic graphite colour of Nissan I think.

That 68 is gorgeous. I'm not a big mustang guy, but I would own and drive that in a heartbeat. Great looking build!

Tory

Hi all. Gonna spend the next few months making some major body mods to the 71. Already committed to widening the rear to accommodate these 20x12's. Want to keep the car all Mustang only fatter and meaner. Be posting shots along the way. Attachment 87287Attachment 87288Attachment 87289Attachment 87290

love the 68. i really like the carbon fiber

Angelo, looking forward to seeing BOTH cars this summer ... Just gotta get through this winter !!

Steve

And it's only just begun. We're just going to have to take advantage of the down time to tweak on them so they're ready.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast