Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Single turbo ls series header question

I am contemplating going the turbo route on my 67 camaro, I recently got a new 2012 Subaru wrx as my daily and I got hooked on turbos. Everyone does the twin turbo deal, while it looks great and has no lag and broad power curves, I want to o the single route. Here is how I would like to mount the turbo, the 5th picture down but more aimed To the front of the car. Would that be feasible or is there just not enough room?? I have the capability and tools to fabricate everything myself.http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1757012

I dont have a first gen but im sure theres plenty of room. People put single turbo set ups on fourth gen f-bodys all the time and they are very cramped under the hood. I say go for it.
      Justin Snow

Yeah I'm sure there is plenty of room, but I'm looking to push it to the back of the engine bay not the front likes the single setups ive seen.

This build is the closest I've seen to having rear placement turbo(s) on a V8 in a sixties muscle car. This car is a 64 Chevy II. Depending on how much power you want to make you may have to use a T6 turbine housing if you go single. That will make it even more difficult to package at the back of the engine. Good luck moving forward with your build. We need more innovative turbo builds to keep things fresh.

Country Flag: United States
      I just did a single turbo on a ls swap and I am very happy with it
      Here are some pics

Country Flag: United States
      ^^^ That is basically how mine is set up, but a little more forward. I have both headers facing forward and the driver side crossover comes in front of the water pump to the turbo flange.

I just so where you'll get the room to stuff a turbo towards the rear. A friend of mine has a C5 vette with the two turbos under the front fenders behind the tires. Pretty stealthy.
      Mark Pearce

Vini Vidi Vici

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com