Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      If I keep it Grabber Blue I need some sort of graphic to break it up. I've had the same paint scheme for 12+ years and I'm the kind of person who gets bored quickly.

66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

If that is the case go back with a really nice application of the grabber blue and then have the graphics done in vinyl. You could black out the hood, or hood and truck, or do stripes. Then when you grow tired of it or that "look" goes out of style just peel them off an go with something else. I assume your car is garaged so differential paint fade should not really be an issue, or at least I would hope not.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

Or, there is always the pimp gold, you would never grow tired of it because you would hate it from day one.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Pimp gold it is. Do I use a garden sprayer to get the bass boat application? Maybe a fertilizer spreader from about 10 feet.
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Yep, base coat with a garden sprayer and then drop the flake in the speader and go to town. Dallas has plenty of Donks you can pattern your ride off of . . . wait, I got it, do your car up in the McDonalds Happy Meal theme, golden arches and all. You will be the center of attention at next years Good Guys in Ft Worth.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

I do like the look of the paint scheme on the Titus mustang. Maybe in blue...
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Adding matte black to your current blue would change the look! Or any bright color/paint scheme that is "out of the norm" will get you noticed!

Country Flag: Australia
      I reckon just repaint it when you get bored.

By then it'll have a bunch of stone chips and scratches anyway. lol

Ok, leaf spring slider install question: when I set the weight of the car down, everything I've read says to have the slider where the eye bushing is 2/3-3/4 all the way back leaving most travel going forward. Is that correct? I'm getting this info from Mopar drag guys so does the theory still apply to a street car? Seems to me that you'd want more travel going to the rear and less forward. The car is fairly stiffly sprung.
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

reason mopar drag guys do that is they lift the back end significantly on launch. they also have to use shock extenders.
      n equal length, street driven spring. youll have tio have good travel both ways.
      Michael Crawford

1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

So it'll have more compression than rebound correct? So it'll need to need to be offset in the favor of compression. Am I wrong?
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

id set it to where the slider juuuuust bottoms out as the tires are leaving the pavement on rebound, let compression fall where it may. youll have more rebound with stiff leaves than compression on the street due to a lot of factors.
      if that's not possible, set it in the middle of travel at ride height and let it eat. give you the most movement both ways.

Michael
      Michael Crawford

1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

Great build thread! Read through it all, gives me some insight to the minitub job I'll be doing on my 66 coupe shortly. Guess I should start a build thread on that one.

And I did go with the ducktail, which I really like, BUT the work to get it to fit was astronomical. Your look like they fit better,but mine was new out of the box and didn't even have a way to mount the end caps to the body. Probably spent 20 hours on that setup so far.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Thanks. I'd use the duck tail but the deck lid doesnt fit the curve of the body and when it's attached to the hinges I cant get the trunk open. I still prefer the look but I'd have to cut the spoiler off and mold it to the stock lid to get a good fit. I'm torn on both ways.

Seam sealer, which one to get?

Also, I painted the bottom of the car in POR-15 but it isn't completed, what type of prep do I need to do to the surface to apply a top coat of say bedliner or paint?

Drip rails are fully cut off, stitch welded cut and ready for body work. I ordered a 69 20 gallon gas tank and new stainless brake lines. I'm going to upgrade my fuel line with 1/2" Aluminum line and Walden electric fuel pump. I also have a Mallory boost reference FPR I'll be adding as well. After I get all the base line stuff done and the car is running again, the T-70 blow through set up is happening.
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I think you have to sand the POR15 then use Por15 Tie coat primer before top coating.

Quote Originally Posted by icemanrd19 View Post
      im right down the road from you. If you needed those tail lights i could have just given them too you. My new tail lights would work even better for you
      NICE! hmm maybe I'll try something with lights like these and make them fit on my Monte?!

could you measure them for me?

Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

I got tired of screwing around with the ill fitting fiberglass stuff and not one to leave stock alone I dove head first into my own design.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

looks good.......looks to have a good shape to it!!!
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Been busy, still not done. It's cut big in these pics to trim and figure out what to do with bumper.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com