Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks! The project is creeping along. I got my 8.8 home and started tearing it down for narrowing. I haven't touched the car itself in a few weeks. Funding and time are very tight.

66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Ok, summer classes are done and it isn't 1 million degrees outside so some progress!!

DS seat riser has been put back in (no finish pic though....) This sound deadener is a PITA to clean up after! It took most of the morning.

Tacked one of the inner wheel tubs in to make sure the new frame rails clear the tires now. Tons of room!!

Tiny 2 car garage FTW

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Looking good! I am jealous of your progress and that you will have yours back on the road way before I can get mine up and running. What wheels do you plan to go with, or are you going to widen the ones you already have?
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

I'll be getting (2) 17x10.5 Bullitt deep dishes (typical late model mustang wheel). My car was running and driving before I cut it up, so I'd hope it would go back together sooner.
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Yes, Ford Edge wheels will fit under an early mustang with a full length explorer 8.8, in case anyone was interested. I needed some motivation after spending 8 hours of welding and slid the rear under it and slapped a wheel on I have laying around. Wheel tubs are welded in, trunk hinge braces tacked and the roof brackets for the C pillar finally welded to the wheel tubs after 30 years of not being.

Roof braces, never welded on after someone replaced the quarter panel, I'll get it.

Wheel tub also left unwelded

My helper
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I came into an unexpected purchase. Duck tail deck lid and end caps. Obviously used but I got a killer deal on them. Now I get to make it all fit, great fun.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Cool, that will add some agression to the back end.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

More work and lots of progress. My floor boards are almost done, I put in a rear cross brace, and started welding in trunk pans.

Just because!!

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

You said to check out your build and that I did. You where right. We did the exact same thing. I used 3x3 thin wall tubing for the front pocket, just cut the bottom out and put a plate on the out sides for mor strength. I had bought 5 leaf revere eye and Del-A-Lum bushings for it. Still debating if its going to feel way to rough specially with the aluminum bushings. How did yours ride? I also have an 8.8 and a 9" rear still not sure which one would be cheaper to shorten and use. I haven't researched that to much yet. Tires, I was going with was 315's but found out 305's where only 1/2 inch more narrow and a lot cheaper for tires. 18x8 fronts 19x10s rear. I love the rear valance welded seam and quarter to rocker welded seam. Big fan of the smooth look. I've got to get my pics together and post up my build. I'm a bad procrastinator. I'm following yours great work.

hey im in allen if you ever want to meet up hit me up with a PM. Im heading to goodguys next week too.

If you need anything tire related let me know. Im a store manager for NTB

Cool guys sounds good! A beer always sounds good! My car rode just fine with the aluminum bushings and cheapy KYBs. I never thought it had an overly harsh ride.
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Very Cool project.I really like keeping things on a budget.

Nice work!
      '66 Mustang
      '67 FireBird https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...light=firebird
      '68 Barracuda
      '69 Mustang Mach 1
      '97 Mustang Cobra
      '04 Mustang Cobra

Nice work. What rear seat is that you are using. It does not look like its from that era.
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Cool car! We love Mustangs!

Thanks everyone, I'm running a seat from an 04' GT but I don't think I'm going to keep it. It worked with the modern racing seats but with te stock seats I think it will look out of place. I'm thinking of putting a roll bar BACK in it and putting a shelf/rear seat delete BACK in it as well.
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      Thanks everyone, I'm running a seat from an 04' GT but I don't think I'm going to keep it. It worked with the modern racing seats but with te stock seats I think it will look out of place. I'm thinking of putting a roll bar BACK in it and putting a shelf/rear seat delete BACK in it as well.
      It looks like it would go pretty well with my front seats. If you are thinking of getting rid of it, we should talk. Coming to GG this weekend?

Heres my front seat with my AutoX hostage... er I mean offering.

Name:  2012-10-02_12-52-16_878.jpg
Views: 4853
Size:  53.9 KB
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

This came by to distract me

I need to straighten my frame extension. Years of being a jack point has taken its toll on the frame.
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Thanks again for letting come by to try out that rear seat. Too bad it didnt fit. My apologies again for the power steering leak in your driveway.
      Chris

Made some mini "torque boxes". I felt this area could use some type of strengthening. Probably doesn't do much if anything but it makes me feel better.

Some of the welds look crapy because the stock metal doesn't like to be welded and I was also on my back dancing. Oh well, a grinder will clean it up.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com